PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Would these stats make a good bounty hunter?

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 12:09 AM
Lvl 1 NE Strix Ranger
Favored Enemy: Human
18 str
18 dex
12 con
8 int
8 wis
8 cha

Also, should I drop str to 16 and bump those mental stats a little, or is there a valid way to play a dimwitted bounty hunter?

Alright, this is my new set up:

lvl NE Goblin Ranger
Favored Enemy: Human

Str 5
Dex 22
Con 10
Int 12
Wis 14
Cha 12

LTwerewolf
2016-03-13, 01:14 AM
A dimwitted bounty hunter wouldn't be very good at their job unless they had a partner that did the thinking for them. Being able to find their target involves a lot of the wis/cha things. Also not sure why you would want high stats in both dex and str. There aren't many situations where having both is all that beneficial. Also with an 8 wisdom, your ranger isn't getting spells without some serious investment. Need minimum +3 to cast anything at all. With an 8 int, your strix also isn't speaking common without using skill points.

Sir Pippin Boyd
2016-03-13, 01:22 AM
In combat, that character would be competent at attacking and defending himself. Out of combat, he would be poor at performing the duties that set a bounty hunter apart from other combatants. He will have poor spot, sense motive, and survival, all theoretically useful skills in his role. I'd consider dropping the 18 in strength or dex down to a 16, and using the extra points to raise your wisdom.

Zhentarim
2016-03-13, 01:42 AM
In combat, that character would be competent at attacking and defending himself. Out of combat, he would be poor at performing the duties that set a bounty hunter apart from other combatants. He will have poor spot, sense motive, and survival, all theoretically useful skills in his role. I'd consider dropping the 18 in strength or dex down to a 16, and using the extra points to raise your wisdom.

Noted: I rearranged the stats and changed from strix to goblin, since I like those, too. I will probably focus on a ranged bounty hunter in that case, dealing non-lethal damage at a distance, then tieing upthe bad guy and bringing the person in. I could also go back to strix and do:

12 str
18 dex
10 con
12 int
14 wis
12 cha