PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Trigalt Rogue Build

Gwazi Magnum
2016-03-13, 10:23 AM
Ok, so this something I need to try have finalized in a few hours.

It's for a solo campaign and I've pretty much already decided to go for Unchained Rogue (Not huge concern on spells since the DM intends to talor it around what my own character can handle).
But I still got two issues to consider...

1. What Classes to go with it?
Note: Tri-galt is simplifing it a bit. In truth I can take a Tier 2 Class, or Tier 3 and 5 Class or two Tier 4's to go with the Rogue.
Since I want to make sure I get a high BAB I'm expecting to go with the two Tier 4's.

2. What kind of Rogue?
I'm basically down to two types of Rogue, a Sap Rogue who focuses on stacking on giant sneak attacks and scaring people, or a Knife Master whose more about manoeuvrability and versatility.

Also note Ability Scores were rolled and I got the following: 16, 14, 14, 12, 11, 7
And there are two others house rules in play:

> Any Skill can be a Class Skill is a proper reason as to why is given (from a background standpoint)
> Ultimate Campaign is to be used for histories, and everything gained from the table selections is awarded to the character, so needing to pick only 2 traits.

Jack_Simth
2016-03-13, 11:08 AM
Since you don't seem to plan on being a good guy, I might suggest Alchemist//Fighter for the other segment? Alchemist gets you some utility and some day-after pills, Fighter gets you the Full BAB you wanted, d10 HD, and a bunch of combat feats.

Gwazi Magnum
2016-03-13, 11:28 AM
Since you don't seem to plan on being a good guy, I might suggest Alchemist//Fighter for the other segment? Alchemist gets you some utility and some day-after pills, Fighter gets you the Full BAB you wanted, d10 HD, and a bunch of combat feats.

I was about to say this wouldn't work, only to cross-reference the Tier list and notice our Campaign currently has a translation issue. :/

See, we were doing 3.5 and switched to PF.
So originally it was using 3.5's tiers, and simply added in PF Classes that were approved.

But now looking at PF itself, classes like Rogue and Fighter have dropped a Tier Level, and now Tier 6 has more than just NPC Classes.

Basically it looks like I need to bring this up with the DM and figure something out.
But if the translation goes how I expect it to, then Alchemist/Fighter/Rogue should still allow for either 1 more Tier 6 Class (So Monk), or I'd take a variant bonus that replaces said class slot with one of the following each level:

Bonus Trait
+3 Skill points
Additional Class Skill
+3 Hit Points

If it doesn't though?
Then I'll have to get back to this thread on the altered circumstances.

Florian
2016-03-13, 01:06 PM
But now looking at PF itself, classes like Rogue and Fighter have dropped a Tier Level, and now Tier 6 has more than just NPC Classes.

How´d ya come up with that load of BS?

Krazzman
2016-03-13, 02:18 PM
Rogue//Brawler//Alchemist

This one I would throw into the ring. I am unsure which Tier Brawler is in actually...

I believe Scout archetype for the Rogue and maybe Vivisectionist for the Alchemist part (I do know that the first sneak attack for vivisectionist is delayed, but I don't know about the other levels.

Scout let's you do SA on a charge as well as other stuff. Alchemist gives extracts, formula and if vivisectionist sneak attack dice roughly equal to ECL. Brawler would net you: scaling damage dice on close weapons (knives and so on), Full BaB, and other nifty stuff.

If brawler is out due to Tier stuff I think the Slayer might be T5 and would also grant full BaB as well as some rogue-ish abilities (Studied Target, Slayer Talents).
And if all else fails: I don't know since I never really play the Fighter class... is there an Archetype that grants Martial Flexibility? If yes, you probably want that in a solo campaign.

Hope this helps.

Psyren
2016-03-13, 02:53 PM
uRogue is T3, Rogue is T4; there are still no PC classes in T6. Florian is correct, thinking otherwise is BS.

As for what to tristalt with it, good choices if you want to stick with below T2 are uMonk (fort save, speed, and Medusa's Wrath + Dimensional Dervish make you a sneak-attacking nightmare with double ki) and Occultist (Int-based quiet casting and lots of utility from the implements.)

EDIT: Brawler is T4 - like a Barbarian, they are phenomenal at combat, and not much else.

Xuldarinar
2016-03-13, 03:11 PM
Unchained Rogue//Urban Barbarian (unchained or standard)//Umbral Mesmerist

Barbarian is solid in its own right, but the urban archetype makes it so you can gain a bonus while raging to any physical ability score, and given that the unchained rogue makes liberal use of the Dexterity ability score, this would be very useful.

Umbral Mesmerist (though i don't know its tier) because you can use shadow summoning to get a semi-illusory flanking partner.

Anlashok
2016-03-13, 03:18 PM
uRogue is T3, Rogue is T4; there are still no PC classes in T6. Florian is correct, thinking otherwise is BS.

I've seen a large number of lists put Rogue in 5 and monk in 6.

Also there was a tier thread on the paizo forums a few days ago and the people there seemed to think URogue was T4 or T5 and that people who thought URogue was enough to push the class up into T3 were dumb. For whatever that's worth.

Though generally I agree with you.

Psyren
2016-03-13, 04:04 PM
I've seen a large number of lists put Rogue in 5 and monk in 6.

Oh, I see wrong things online all the time too.

Rogue's problem, per the original tier post, was weakness in combat. uRogue granted it native Dex to damage, debilitating injury for greater group DPR, while maintaining full compatibility with all existing archetypes. Now it is "good at one thing, while still being useful when that thing is unimportant/irrelevant." That is the definition.