PDA

View Full Version : Item Classification

Morof Stonehands
2016-03-13, 01:09 PM
Hey all,

Just 2 quick questions on how some items are classified, (i.e. Weapon, Wondrous Item etc.). I'm looking up items from other sources, mainly adventures and things that might not get noticed, and came across one, Clockwork Mask of the Mind Flayer (The Legend of the Silver Skeleton adventure from WotC). Its a mask that gives you the mind flayer's ability to attack with 4 tentacles and extract the brain. It is not a weapon, in the standard sense of the word, since it is a mask. But it requires Craft Magic Arms and Armor to craft, and not Craft Wondrous Item. So does this make it a weapon and not a wondrous item like all other masks? Where would you put it in a treasure generator?

Second question, what's the standard for minor, medium, and major items in each type?

Thanks!

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-13, 07:35 PM
If it requires craft arms and armor but not wondrous item, it belongs in the weapon category. It's still a magical mask and still takes up the mask/goggles/lenses slot.

The threshholds for minor/medium/major magic items seems to be gp value. Less than 7500 is minor, between 7500 and 28,000 is medium, and between 28,000 and 200,000 is major. 200,000 and up is epic, regardless of whether or not it requires an epic crafting feat.

Morof Stonehands
2016-03-15, 12:17 AM
Alright, that's kinda what I was figuring! Thanks!