PDA

View Full Version : [Self Promotion] Vampire Lord Abner, a Challenge 11 Boss

DE5PA1R
2016-03-14, 09:38 AM
Hello! I'm here to promote a thing I made. Specifically, it's a 5th edition boss fight intended for characters levels 8-11. I tried to make him as plug-and-play as possible, with a curious backstory open to interpretation.

If this interests you, please take a look. The backstory and 3-phase encounter are available on DMs Guild for $2 (link below). An overview of the fight along with the first phase can be previewed for free there.

Feel free to ask any questions here and I'll try to answer them as quickly as possible.

Thanks for reading.

Here's the full description:
At the top of a starlit palace resides Lord Abner, a century-old vampire waiting to do battle with any man foolish enough to think he can stand a chance. Abner promises to be a challenge against even a veteran party of 8th to 11th level. Having studied the arts of combat for nearly a century, Lord Abner is a master swordsman versed in all manner of bladed weapons. From his changing attack patterns to his curious history with weapons, your players will be on the edge of their seats by the time Abner forsakes his shield in lieu of a second weapon.

Abner can be thought of as 3 combats in one encounter. In his first phase he uses a longsword and shield and is fond of using superiority die to disarm opponents. During his second phase he abandons his shield for the sake of dealing more damage using a combination of longsword and shortsword, and leans toward more forceful tactics. During his last phase he summons animated greatsword Lillith from the queen's throne to join the fight.

Link: Vampire Lord Abner (http://www.dmsguild.com/product/177390/Vampire-Lord-Abner-Challenge-11-Boss?src=slider_view)