PDA

View Full Version : Eberron: What would The Traveler's draconic form be?

DragonBaneDM
2016-03-14, 09:57 AM
Hey guys!

So my Eberron party is working with a puzzle where they have to match the gods of the Sovereign Host and Dark Six with their various dracoforms. (Aureon is often depicted as a blue dragon, Dol Dorn a silver, and The Devourer a colossal dragon turtle).

None of the Dark Six are "true" dragons, they're all dragon turtles or fiendish offshoots. However, in my research I wasn't able to find one for The Traveler.

I'm planning on not having one: hinting at the fact that The Traveler isn't related to any of the other gods. However, if there was someone out there who's used the draconic forms of Eberron deities in the past and did something with The Traveler, or if anyone just had some cool ideas, I'd be interested to know!

Red Fel
2016-03-14, 10:08 AM
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-07/11/11/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_enhanced-25789-1405094385-17.gif

Foul creatures! Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, the Traveller has come!

DragonBaneDM
2016-03-14, 11:24 AM
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-07/11/11/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_enhanced-25789-1405094385-17.gif

Foul creatures! Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, the Traveller has come!

Yup. That settles it.

Red Fel
2016-03-14, 11:53 AM
Yup. That settles it.

I mean, on a serious note, I see no problem with the Traveler being a morphic being, whatever form it wants or needs to take.

But when you ask me to choose the true form of the Traveler, this is precisely where my mind will go, every time, without fail.

Inevitability
2016-03-14, 12:03 PM
You say none of the Dark Six have true dragon forms, but doesn't the Keeper appear as a dracolich (something only true dragons can become)?

Beleriphon
2016-03-14, 02:03 PM
You say none of the Dark Six have true dragon forms, but doesn't the Keeper appear as a dracolich (something only true dragons can become)?

I think that there's a really old dracolich in the Demon Wastes that people say might BE the Keeper in a place calls The Keeper's Lair, so that that as you will.

RedMage125
2016-03-15, 01:13 PM

Not to mention that when Keith Baker was asked why none of the Soveriegns are a Gold dragon, his response was that the Keeper is a skeletal dragon...and didn't specify which type. So he may well be a Skeletal Gold Dragon.

DragonBaneDM
2016-03-17, 07:44 AM
Not to mention that when Keith Baker was asked why none of the Soveriegns are a Gold dragon, his response was that the Keeper is a skeletal dragon...and didn't specify which type. So he may well be a Skeletal Gold Dragon.

I actually really like that reasoning. And yeah, you're right, dracoliches tend to come from true dragons, but ya caught the drift. SH are plain old chromatics and metallics. DS have some sort of taint on them, be it undeath, fiendish heritage, or cowabungalicious turtle power.

I ended up going with the No dragon route, having a spare symbol actually really helped my players with it.

The part where I had them match the gods with their alignments flopped, but the dragon bit was fun!

goto124
2016-03-17, 08:48 AM

What happened to his shiny gold scales? Did he managed to save some and stick them on his now skeletal body?

Inevitability
2016-03-17, 08:56 AM
What happened to his shiny gold scales? Did he managed to save some and stick them on his now skeletal body?

If you ever gained an incredibly powerful undead form, would you gather your rapidly decaying flesh and hair and glue it to your bones? I think not.

Tiri
2016-03-17, 11:53 AM
If you ever gained an incredibly powerful undead form, would you gather your rapidly decaying flesh and hair and glue it to your bones? I think not.

Well, he is only talking about scales. Who knows, a gold dragon might be very proud of its shiny scales. It would at least stop clueless adventurers from attacking what they thought to be an evil skeleton on sight (because skeletons are almost always evil in D&D).

Coidzor
2016-03-17, 11:18 PM
Some sort of Dracohydra?

Nifft
2016-03-18, 04:09 AM
The Traveler is obviously a CN Faerie Dragon.