PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Vampiric Companion at 10?

Gnaeus
2016-03-14, 10:45 AM
I'll be playing in a 1 shot game at 10th level. I want to play a Dhampir with the Vampiric Companion feat, but I'm not sure if it is legal. I only qualify at level 10, but don't get another feat until 11, which will never come. So:
1. If I go ranger, I get a bonus style feat at 10. Ive been playing 5e too much, but is there any rule that says that if you pick up a bonus feat that you already had, you can repick the feat?

2. Are there any items which allow an extra general feat of choice?

3. Is there any other way to pick up a general feat at an even level within those restrictions (Dhampir, 10, class that provides animal companion)?

Geddy2112
2016-03-14, 11:24 AM
RAW, there is no way. However, your DM might agree to let it be part of your bonus feats for ranger if you ask nicely, and insist this is not for mechanics abuse but for total awesomeness. You can't pick a feat twice either.

Or volunteer to bring food/snacks/drinks to the game as a bribe.

Psyren
2016-03-14, 11:34 AM
Ranger doesn't have that rule, but you can just use retraining (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining) to accomplish the same objective. PF retraining is actually more player-friendly - you use your character as they currently are to determine qualifications, even for earlier feats. As an example, a Rogue 3 can retrain his 1st-level feat into Weapon Focus, even though he originally didn't qualify back when he was 1st-level.