PDA

View Full Version : Spells Known/Prepared Generator, HTML Edition

Goober4473
2016-03-14, 11:58 AM
I posted a downloadable version of this generator before, but now it's available in your browser!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/526357/SpellsGenerator.html

This is a tool for producing a list of spells known or prepared for a spellcaster. For instance, say you have a 10th level NPC sorcerer with 16 Charisma, and don't want to spend a lot of time deciding what spells they know. You just know they prefer fire and cold spells, as well as area attacks. With this tool, you could enter in 10th level, 16 casting score, Sorcerer, Fire, Cold, and Area, and it'll generate you a nice block of text like this:

This is a 10th level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). It knows the following spells:

Cantrips (at will): Control Flames, Create Bonfire, Fire Bolt, Frostbite, Ray of Frost, Thunderclap
1st (4 slots): Burning Hands, Chromatic Orb
2nd (3 slots): Gust of Wind, Web
3rd (3 slots): Erupting Earth, Stinking Cloud
4th (3 slots): Ice Storm, Vitriolic Sphere
5th (2 slots): Cloudkill, Control Winds

Let me know if you find any bugs. It seems to be working great, but I did convert it wholesale from another language, so it may have some errors still.

[Edit]: Fixed a bug with how the save DC was being calculated.

pwykersotz
2016-03-14, 12:00 PM
I generated an Illusion/Enchantment Wizard in a few seconds. Looks pretty sweet!

This is a 10th level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 13, +7 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following spells prepared:

Cantrips (at will): Friends, Minor Illusion, Mold Earth, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st (4 slots): Disguise Self, Silent Image, Sleep
2nd (3 slots): Hold Person, Maximilian's Earthen Grasp, Mirror Image, Nystul's Magic Aura
3rd (3 slots): Animate Dead, Hypnotic Pattern
4th (3 slots): Confusion, Greater Invisibility
5th (2 slots): Geas, Mislead