PDA

View Full Version : humans

j!nx
2016-03-14, 01:44 PM
I was noticed how there was silverbrow humans but how come there is no other "brow" humans like mercury or steel and so on..

Red Fel
2016-03-14, 01:53 PM
I was noticed how there was silverbrow humans but how come there is no other "brow" humans like mercury or steel and so on..

You're emphasizing the wrong part.

Silverbrow Humans didn't come from a collection of Human subraces touched by different Dragons. They came from a collection of different races each touched by Dragons.

Early last year, I had a thread on exactly this topic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?392426-Dragonblood-Races-Your-Thoughts). Short version: the authors basically picked a bunch of popular races and paired them with arguably thematically-appropriate Dragons. Humans got Silver Dragons, because they're clever or regal or somesuch. Drow got Deep Dragons, because duh, underground; Elves got Green Dragons, because trees; Dwarves got Red Dragons, because something something mountains, I guess? Orcs got White Dragons, because World of Warcraft (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostwolf_Orcs), and Halflings got Gold Dragons, because the authors freaking love Halflings.

You get the idea.

Flickerdart
2016-03-14, 01:53 PM
Same reason why there are aasimar and tieflings but not similar descendants of formians, cerebreliths, rakshasa, and other outsiders.

Having said that, why do you want one? All you get is dragonblood subtype, feather fall, and disguise in-class. None of these are particularly silver dragon-y (gold and bronze dragons also have Disguise as a class skill). If your DM approves, just cross out "silver" and write a different color.

j!nx
2016-03-14, 02:00 PM
You're emphasizing the wrong part.

Silverbrow Humans didn't come from a collection of Human subraces touched by different Dragons. They came from a collection of different races each touched by Dragons.

Early last year, I had a thread on exactly this topic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?392426-Dragonblood-Races-Your-Thoughts). Short version: the authors basically picked a bunch of popular races and paired them with arguably thematically-appropriate Dragons. Humans got Silver Dragons, because they're clever or regal or somesuch. Drow got Deep Dragons, because duh, underground; Elves got Green Dragons, because trees; Dwarves got Red Dragons, because something something mountains, I guess? Orcs got White Dragons, because World of Warcraft (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostwolf_Orcs), and Halflings got Gold Dragons, because the authors freaking love Halflings.

You get the idea.

Thankyou I was thinking very similar to that when I was reading it

j!nx
2016-03-14, 02:02 PM
Same reason why there are aasimar and tieflings but not similar descendants of formians, cerebreliths, rakshasa, and other outsiders.

Having said that, why do you want one? All you get is dragonblood subtype, feather fall, and disguise in-class. None of these are particularly silver dragon-y (gold and bronze dragons also have Disguise as a class skill). If your DM approves, just cross out "silver" and write a different color.

I was just curious on why humans only had silver, but that has been answered it wasn't about me playing one I just had a thought..

Necroticplague
2016-03-14, 02:04 PM

Well, Draconic Heritage (silver) also gives you Disguise a class skill, so apparently there is something silver dragon-y about Disguise (Silvers are presumably ones of the ones that like to turn into other races and slum it up, right?). That being said, it's not that hard to convert for other dragons: just select one crappy/situational spell as an SLA, one skill to make a class skill, and bang.