PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed What does the templatiest ECL0 creature look like?

Flickerdart
2016-03-14, 02:51 PM
So far I've been able to assemble this ridiculous thing without resorting to LA buyoff:

Wild Amphibious Arctic Dragonborn Magic-blooded Primordial Unseelie Half-Giant (no levels in racial class).
Type: Fey (Aquatic, Dragonblood)
Speed: 30ft, Swim 15ft, Fly 60ft
Ability scores: -4 STR -4 DEX +2 CON +2 INT -2 WIS +4 CHA
Special qualities: Darkvision 60ft, breath weapon, invisibility at will, amphibious

Is there anything else we can slap on? I know of the following:
Desert and Aquatic (DrMag 306): Not sure about this, but I think they are mutually exclusive with Arctic
Proto-creature (Bestiary of Krynn): Dragonlance, and I don't have the book so I can't confirm stats
Necropolitan: Taking this until you have enough HD will kill you, and we don't want to assume having any HD

Bonus points: What does this creature look like? With wild+amphibious+arctic I am imagining some sort of penguin situation. A giant humanoid penguin with scaly wings that breathes fire.

Inevitability
2016-03-14, 03:10 PM
The templatiest creature? That's easy.

Incarnate Construct Dustform Incarnate Construct Dustform Incarnate Construct Dustform Incarnate Construct Dustform [...] Incarnate Construct Dustform Warforged. Number of templates: NI.

And to further enhance WAADMbPUHG, you could hire a bard to use Inspire Greatness on you, then undergo the necropolitian ritual. It's cheese, but probably works.

Flickerdart
2016-03-14, 03:12 PM
Number of templates: NI.
Your number of templates is 2. :smallsmile:

And to further enhance WAADMbPUHG, you could hire a bard to use Inspire Greatness on you, then undergo the necropolitian ritual. It's cheese, but probably works.
I'm not convinced it does - Inspire Greatness doesn't add XP, so you probably still die.

Inevitability
2016-03-14, 03:20 PM
Your number of templates is 2. :smallsmile:

Oh, number of different templates. At least Dustform followed by Incarnate Construct can still be applied to the WAADMbPUHG.

Jormengand
2016-03-14, 03:22 PM
Proto-creature from Bestiary of Krynn is +4/+0/+2/-2/+0/-4 and has a Natural Armour of 3. Each speed over 40 goes down by 10, and your fly drops a maneuverability.

The dragmag ones aren't unique - or at least, nothing in the text says they are.

Malimar
2016-03-14, 03:23 PM
Isn't half-giant an LA+1 race? Or did you find a half-giant template that's +0?

Flickerdart
2016-03-14, 03:25 PM
Oh, number of different templates. At least Dustform followed by Incarnate Construct can still be applied to the WAADMbPUHG.
Interesting thought. Incarnate Construct produces a Giant if the base construct was Large, doesn't it? So we might be able to swap out the base Half-Giant for Water Orc or something...

Proto-creature from Bestiary of Krynn is +4/+0/+2/-2/+0/-4 and has a Natural Armour of 3. Each speed over 40 goes down by 10, and your fly drops a maneuverability.
No special requirements on proto-creature, or RHD?

The dragmag ones aren't unique - or at least, nothing in the text says they are.
I'm wary of letting a creature hail from a Desert and Aquatic environment. :smalltongue:

Isn't half-giant an LA+1 race? Or did you find a half-giant template that's +0?
There is a racial class in CPsi. You are not obligated to take the level.

Jormengand
2016-03-14, 03:29 PM
No special requirements on proto-creature, or RHD?

No. If you want rage, that's RHD based, but the template doesn't give you any RHD, only rage based on the ones you already had.

Malimar
2016-03-14, 03:34 PM
There is a racial class in CPsi. You are not obligated to take the level.

Ah.

...Huh. What a bizarre and confusing racial class system. Do any other books use this system? All the others I'm familiar with instead do it like Savage Species does.

ATHATH
2016-03-14, 05:40 PM
If a creature comes from an area that has an ever-shifting environment, he could have the Arctic, Aquatic, and Desert templates.

kellbyb
2016-03-15, 12:20 AM
Necropolitan: Taking this until you have enough HD will kill you, and we don't want to assume having any HD

Just wanted to point out that taking this at any HD will kill you. :smallbiggrin:

Inevitability
2016-03-15, 01:56 AM
Ah.

...Huh. What a bizarre and confusing racial class system.

Complete Psionic strikes again!