PDA

View Full Version : Alignment of a Werepigeon

RickAllison
2016-03-14, 08:55 PM
This is a fun question, but what alignment would you say a werepigeon would be? Chaotic Neutral?

Feel free to discuss other odd were-creatures not in the books.

Malifice
2016-03-14, 09:09 PM
Neutral.

Theyre pretty easy to train, despite being scavengers.

Lines
2016-03-14, 09:09 PM
Chaotic evil.

RickAllison
2016-03-14, 09:12 PM
Chaotic evil.

Admittedly, my first instinct was to declare them Chaotic or Neutral ***hole :smallwink:

DracoKnight
2016-03-14, 09:42 PM
Admittedly, my first instinct was to declare them Chaotic or Neutral ***hole :smallwink:

I think that's more a wereseagull :smallwink:

RickAllison
2016-03-14, 09:52 PM
I think that's more a wereseagull :smallwink:

Don't say that, you just give me more awful ideas to break on my players :smalltongue:

Talyn
2016-03-14, 10:28 PM
Pigeons are basically flying rats, right? Wererats are Lawful Evil, therefore Werepigeons should be Lawful Evil as well.

Belac93
2016-03-14, 10:30 PM
TN or CN.
They may be CE little bastards, but they are quite friendly and easy to tame. Still poop everywhere though, hence the CN.

Coffee_Dragon
2016-03-14, 11:05 PM
Human Businessman.

Edit: Nice seeing a fellow Miko fanclubber!

Malifice
2016-03-15, 01:37 AM
Weresharks always confused me.

Like - assuming you survive the attack from an intelligent and evil great white shark in the first place, then you have to deal with the first full moon afterwards changing and just laying there flopping about on land drowning.

Humurous to watch however.

Regitnui
2016-03-15, 02:24 AM
Unaligned, because pigeons have fewer thoughts beyond "eat. Eat. Eat. Run!" On a daily basis. I'd consider a werepigeon curse more of a threat to the humanoid mind than an upgrade to the body. Every night after transforming, they lose a little bit more of their mind, until they forget all traces of their human lives... No werepigeons in D&D? Muhahahaha!

Wereseagulls on the other hand are Chaotic Evil little things. No questions asked.

Mrmox42
2016-03-15, 03:52 AM
I once had one of my players stung by a Were-Jellyfish.

At the first full moon, the transformation took place.

Oh, the wobbly horror!

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-15, 06:07 AM
I say lawful evil, based on the wererat similarity and homing behaviour. Is pooping everywhere really chaotic? It could just be evil...

The idea of a LE werepigeon society under our noses is pretty scary!

MrStabby
2016-03-15, 06:12 AM
I am more concerned about the prospect of Wereducks. Ducks look all sweet and fluffy and nice but they can be pretty damn evil to each other.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-15, 06:25 AM
I am more concerned about the prospect of Wereducks. Ducks look all sweet and fluffy and nice but they can be pretty damn evil to each other.

Is a duck's bill even sharp enough to break human skin? I distinctly remember that it was the geese that tore my hand to ribbons when I tried to feed them, not the ducks.

And don't get me started on swans...

goto124
2016-03-15, 06:41 AM
There should be an alignment system of "kill vs don't kill".

Werepigeons fall under "kill" :smallbiggrin:

gullveig
2016-03-15, 07:11 AM
Some kind of Evil, definitely...

http://pre13.deviantart.net/7c29/th/pre/f/2015/094/b/5/thug_life_by_psychip-d8ocnnn.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B82g8CzCQAE5d4u.png

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-03-15, 07:14 AM
Chaotic Evil. Nurglites, the lot of them.

hamishspence
2016-03-15, 07:18 AM
Weresharks always confused me.

Like - assuming you survive the attack from an intelligent and evil great white shark in the first place, then you have to deal with the first full moon afterwards changing and just laying there flopping about on land drowning.

Humurous to watch however.

Could be a case of "natural lycanthropy applied as a gift of (evil water deity) to a particular tribe".

With them creating their own Afflicted Lycanthrope minions by intentionally attacking only once, for minimal damage.

Logosloki
2016-03-15, 07:18 AM

I'd be more scared of werepelicans or wereswans. Both of those already attack small and sometimes larger humans.

Werepigeons are Lawful Evil if you take them to be similar to wererats or Chaotic Evil/Neutral because they are in league with the seagulls. Either way a werepigeon gains a bonus tool proficiency of game set (chess).

As an aside, Wereshark or Were[dinosaur] would be my favourite idea to run as a group of adventurers because who wouldn't want a group playing Extreme Dinosaurs or Street Sharks for at least a couple of sessions?

Mrmox42
2016-03-15, 07:50 AM
Has anyone ever encountered were-penguins?

(shudder)