PDA

View Full Version : Help me build a lv1 Gestalt character

Mikalo
2016-03-15, 02:03 AM
So I'm going to start a new campaign and my role is going to be the DM again, we decided to play a campaign where the max level is 1 but we are going to play Gestalt. Some of my players also said that they want to try to master a little, and I'll be glad to switch roles and play the character I want, because why not. Also being this a level 1 quest RP is more important than optimization.
I had the idea of a feral-unarmed Bard, I don't know about the bard but playing a flute (and get a use to it) is the core of the idea but still being unstable, a little psycopath and going feral when in stressfull situations so either Barbarian (with the pathfinder bite rage power) or Unarmed Swordsage focused on Tiger Claw. Suggestions? We can use everything (Dragon Magazines, any book compatible with either Pf and 3.5, flaws, traits, skill tricks)

Gnorman
2016-03-15, 02:12 AM
That d12 HD is very attractive when you only ever get one of them. I'd go Barbarian.

Mikalo
2016-03-15, 02:24 AM
I just noticed I must be lv2 to take Animal Fury with the barbarian. How do I become a mad flutist without biting people to death ;_;

Eloel
2016-03-15, 02:25 AM
For optimized:

Dragonborn Mongrelfolk Dragonfire Adept with Entangling Exhalation. Throw in Warblade on the other side, and you're relevant in melee too. (19 HP is also what wizards get at E6 games)

If you're going to get stuck at level 1 and you know it, Jermlaine Druid with the monkish abilities alternate from UA nets you an animal companion and if you simply go to maximize it, 26 armor class. Grab whatever you want on the other side, though I'd suggest a Warlock with the +8 to-hit on your eldritch blast. Hop on your eagle and rain eldritch blasts at people. If they try to shoot you, they probably need a natural 20 to hit you.

For your feral unarmed idea:

Dragonborn Water Orc shapeshift variant Druid//Warblade

Mikalo
2016-03-15, 02:54 AM
@Eloel: uhm I'd have problems roleplaying that type of build >_< Also the core of the idea is being a flutist, and while being effective in combat is a good thing I prefer playing a charismatic character and go mad with roleplaying. I'm sorry for being a bit confusing and for not making myself clear, with feral I don't mean being the zen monk type and punch people for glory or shifting and become a punching bear

Necromancy
2016-03-16, 08:13 AM
Staying at level 1 forever, I would just go with a variation of fighter/cleric

Mikalo
2016-03-17, 11:35 PM
I was thinking about the Cleric too, is there an archetype or an alternative class feature that can bardi-fy the Cleric? I'm pretty set about the Barbarian part but while I love the Bard I would like to play something else and still respect the original idea

Grod_The_Giant
2016-03-17, 11:45 PM
I was thinking about the Cleric too, is there an archetype or an alternative class feature that can bardi-fy the Cleric? I'm pretty set about the Barbarian part but while I love the Bard I would like to play something else and still respect the original idea
Divine Bard?

Mikalo
2016-03-17, 11:52 PM
Ah! Good one xD

daremetoidareyo
2016-03-18, 12:01 AM
Complete scoundrel has an instrument blade. "Such a blade functions as a dagger" p. 110.

which opens up the fluteblade as an option.

Races of Faerun has the spike shooter, which you can use your flute to shoot that blade. p.157

Seemed relevant...

Mikalo
2016-03-18, 12:03 AM
That's very cool indeed! Thanks

Sillybird99
2016-03-18, 12:35 AM
I recommend taking lion spirit totem barbarian for the pounce ability. ( If you take the whirling frenzy rage alternate)

Also the dragonborn template and dragonfire inspiration is a good pickup.

Other semi applicable things:

Cloistered cleric is a great 1st level.

Changeling can make fun rp.

Mikalo
2016-03-18, 01:32 AM
I'm going City Brawler and I also found a way to obtain the bite, pounce sound like a perfect idea! Yesh