PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Nintendo Character

Dark Ass4ssin 1
2016-03-15, 12:35 PM
So my math teacher has assigned me a survey about any topic I chose, so I chose Nintendo characters. The selection is sort of limited due to only 6 selection slots, but I tried to achieve some diversity in the names.

The selections are:
A- Captain Falcon
B- Donkey Kong
C- Link
D- Luigi
E- Mario
F- Other

Also, I need an actual name after you vote. Even if it is completely made up ;)

Thanks guys!

Peelee
2016-03-15, 01:00 PM
MegatymegatyMEGA MAAAAAAAAAN

He's up on the effin' roof (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_7rmGlo-1U).

Seriously. Captain Falcon? Doesn't even have his own game. F-Zero started with four playable character/cars, F-Zero X went to 30, but you still mostly picked the car; the driver was just flavor text, basically. How'd he get precedent over Lil' M?

EDIT: If you want to use this as a response (because, as stated later, Mega Man is Capcom, but appeared on NES, which was the golden age of Mega Man gaming, hence my considering him a Nintendo character), split Peelee into P. Lee. My screennames are elegant in their simplicity.

TheThan
2016-03-15, 01:07 PM
MegatymegatyMEGA MAAAAAAAAAN

He's up on the effin' roof (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_7rmGlo-1U).

Seriously. Captain Falcon? Doesn't even have his own game. F-Zero started with four playable character/cars, F-Zero X went to 30, but you still mostly picked the car; the driver was just flavor text, basically. How'd he get precedent over Lil' M?

You mean aside from Mega Man being owned by Capcom?

Lethologica
2016-03-15, 01:11 PM
To me this might as well read "Who is your favorite Super Smash Bros. character," so I'll answer "Sheik", and therefore "Zelda".

Peelee
2016-03-15, 01:12 PM
You mean aside from Mega Man being owned by Capcom?

Semantics. NES for life.

8BitNinja
2016-03-15, 01:20 PM
My favorite characters are in this order, parentheses is the game they were introduced in

1. Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
2. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
3. Ness (EarthBound, or MOTHER 2 if you're Japanese)
4. Meta Knight (Kirby's Adventure)
5. Samus Aran (Metroid)
6. Lucas (MOTHER 3), favorite Smash Bros. Character
7. Mega Man (Mega Man)*
8. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)*
9. Bill Razer (Contra)**
10. Von Kaiser (Punch Out)

* Not Nintendo, but they were in Captain N so it counts
** Not Nintendo, But on the NES so it counts

Peelee
2016-03-15, 01:27 PM
Captain N

You're my new best friend.

8BitNinja
2016-03-15, 01:42 PM
You're my new best friend.

Thank you for this comment

cobaltstarfire
2016-03-15, 04:46 PM
Other (Yoshi)

Why do you need actual names in order to do a survey?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-03-15, 11:15 PM
My favorite?

Can't pick one, but I can narrow it down to a few.

Red
Samus
Fawful

ThinkMinty
2016-03-15, 11:34 PM
Kirby. Why isn't Kirby an option? He's a pink puff that eats people and kicks all the butts despite being because he's a baby space alien.

TechnOkami
2016-03-16, 12:17 AM
Personally?

1.) Link.
2.) Wario
3.) Samus
4.) Ganondorf
5.) Kirby

I also don't really play much nintendo anymore, but I played-the-crap out of the Zelda series and one of the older Wario/Kirby games.

I've never really played through a Metroid game, but I rather enjoy the lore behind the series.

Dire Moose
2016-03-16, 03:34 AM
Let me put it to you this way.

Back when I was around 16-17, I discussed what my ideal fantasy game would be with my best friend. I suggested one where combat and overworld weren't separated, and where action and problem-solving were equally important. Also what mattered to me was the tone of the setting. I preferred high adventure, with a focus on exploration. Neither dark, gritty drama nor soft, lighthearted cuteness really appealed to me; I wanted some balance of the two. J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, and Anne McCaffrey were my preferred fantasy authors at the time.

At the same time, I was someone who had just turned 17, preferred the sword as my favorite fantasy weapon, had long blond hair, blue-green eyes, a preference for wearing green, and a restless desire to explore and figure out everything.

Adding all that up, my friend got me a game the next Christmas that totally blew me away: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It really was the perfect combination of all the elements I had thought of and I was in love. I've been a faithful fan of the Legend of Zelda series ever since.

As such, I'm voting Link.

Knaight
2016-03-16, 04:18 AM
Other (Samus). That list is all sorts of screwy though, between having two characters from one game, not including more notable characters than several on the list, the other option. If you were restricted to 6, it might have been better to only have 6.

As for names, let's go with Nathaniel Hatfield. It's not my name, but it's a plausible enough pseudonym.

Bartmanhomer
2016-03-16, 05:29 AM
My favorite Nintendo characther is Ness. Why because he my favorite Super Smash Bros. Fighter. :smile:

Maryring
2016-03-16, 09:20 AM
Samus Aran. Because there needs to be more badass space mercenaries out there.

Peelee
2016-03-16, 09:33 AM

OK, not to discount the inherent badassery that is Samus, but I would make the opposite argument; there are too many badass space mercenaries out there.

8BitNinja
2016-03-16, 09:39 AM

I do assume that we are ignoring Other M

Maryring
2016-03-16, 09:54 AM
OK, not to discount the inherent badassery that is Samus, but I would make the opposite argument; there are too many badass space mercenaries out there.

You're right. I forgot female in the list of adjectives.

Or maybe I forgot it because Samus is at the top of the list, and therefore anyone else does not have enough badassitude to be badass. I dunno.

All I know is, I want a follow up to Metroid Fusion.

Dienekes
2016-03-16, 10:17 AM
Ganondorf. No contest, the master of evil that won for a hundred years at one point. Dudes a beast.

Telonius
2016-03-16, 10:23 AM
The most viciously evil character in video game history: the dog from Duck Hunt.

Peelee
2016-03-16, 10:24 AM
The most viciously evil character in video game history: the dog from Duck Hunt.

He's a pretty good ally if you just hit the freaking ducks.

Morbis Meh
2016-03-16, 12:07 PM
Going to have to go with other on this one: Gengar. Pokemon are technically characters are they not?

8BitNinja
2016-03-16, 01:38 PM
He's a pretty good ally if you just hit the freaking ducks.

I'm only good at duck hunt up to level 25

Alent
2016-03-16, 01:53 PM
Also going with Other: Ayra (FE4).

Samus and Kirby tie for second place, there are too many different Links to know which Link is on the poll, and the others sit in a state of "You only asked for one person, anyway" apathy as far as me listing them goes.

The list would be full of a bunch of Grandbell Era FE charas, anyway.

8BitNinja
2016-03-16, 02:23 PM
I'm surprised no one said anything like the Goomba or Glass Joe or Octorocks

my favorite bad guy in the Nintendoverse are the Wizzrobes :smallbiggrin:

aurilee
2016-03-16, 02:29 PM
I'm going with Other: Princess Peach

Simply because when I was a youngster I always chose her when I played Mario Party and Mario Cart.

She's also my best SSBM character.

Samus, Kirby and Toad are all tied for second in my book.

[disclaimer: I never played much Nintendo outside of the classics as I'm more of a PC gamer]

If you need a name, you can split my handle into two: Auril Lee.

8BitNinja
2016-03-16, 02:33 PM
If you need an alias for me if you use anything from my list, use Steve Stevenson

Mojo
2016-03-16, 02:36 PM
Kirby, simple design, revolutionary concept.

8BitNinja
2016-03-16, 02:40 PM
You guys remember the game World Class Track Meet for the NES? My favorite character is from that game, his name is Turtle

(Don't use this information, it's not true)

Cazero
2016-03-16, 05:41 PM
One vote for Other : Sturm from Advance Wars. Villains need some recognition here.

8BitNinja
2016-03-16, 08:15 PM
One vote for Other : Sturm from Advance Wars. Villains need some recognition here.

Here's a great villian from a Nintendo game: Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island

kedler
2016-03-16, 09:10 PM
Gengis Kahn, anyone remember that game?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-03-16, 10:40 PM

Hey, I named a villain in my top three. Fawful from Mario and Luigi.

He may not have been the main villain, but he was still a villain.

Here's a great villian from a Nintendo game: Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island

The music from that fight is one of my favorite boss themes of all time.

8BitNinja
2016-03-17, 09:33 AM
The dog things that shot lasers at you in the original Legend of Zelda

they're more evil than Prince Darkness Ganon :smallbiggrin:

(whoever gets the reference gets a rupee)

Peelee
2016-03-17, 12:37 PM
The dog things that shot lasers at you in the original Legend of Zelda

they're more evil than Prince Darkness Ganon :smallbiggrin:

(whoever gets the reference gets a rupee)

Those were eagle-headed lions. Can't remember the actual name. They were also in Link to the Past.

8BitNinja
2016-03-17, 01:41 PM
Those were eagle-headed lions. Can't remember the actual name. They were also in Link to the Past.

I looked it up, they are called Lynels

nyjastul69
2016-03-17, 05:04 PM
My favorite Nintendo character is B (Donkey Kong).

Knaight
2016-03-17, 05:54 PM
Also going with Other: Ayra (FE4).

I was tempted to pick a FE character. Soren and Nephenee have style.

8BitNinja
2016-03-17, 07:59 PM
Liar X. from EarthBound

Actually, he may be my least favorite

Telonius
2016-03-18, 06:34 PM
Gengis Kahn, anyone remember that game?

Oh yeah. I always went to Mongol Conquest first; depending on how massively you won there, you might start with double or triple the usual soldiers when you advance to World Conquest.

8BitNinja
2016-03-19, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah. I always went to Mongol Conquest first; depending on how massively you won there, you might start with double or triple the usual soldiers when you advance to World Conquest.

What game is this?

Peelee
2016-03-19, 02:20 PM
What game is this?

Genghis Khan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan_(video_game)).

Ebon_Drake
2016-03-19, 04:26 PM
Call me pedantic, but I don't think Genghis Khan really qualifies as a Nintendo character. Y'know, what with him being a real person and all.

That game does sound awesome though. I'm always impressed when I see really early strategy games like that.

8BitNinja
2016-03-20, 02:37 AM
Genghis Khan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan_(video_game)).

I'll try to find a copy of this game, and I'll play it on my YouTube channel.

goto124
2016-03-20, 06:08 AM
Call me pedantic, but I don't think Genghis Khan really qualifies as a Nintendo character. Y'know, what with him being a real person and all.

There's a difference between Thor-the-mythological-figure, and Thor-the-Marvel-character. I figured Genghis-Khan-the-Nintendo-character does count, and is distinct from Genghis-Khan-the-actual-person.

Ebon_Drake
2016-03-20, 09:42 AM
There's a difference between Thor-the-mythological-figure, and Thor-the-Marvel-character. I figured Genghis-Khan-the-Nintendo-character does count, and is distinct from Genghis-Khan-the-actual-person.

:smallconfused: It just looks like a straight-forward "take on the role of this historical figure" type of strategy game to me, a la Napoleon: Total War or the leaders in Civilization. Even if it's more like Nobunaga in Onimusha, I'd only count him as a Nintendo character with a very large asterisk pointing out that he's loosely based on a real person.

Besides, I wasn't being entirely serious. Read the signature.

8BitNinja
2016-03-20, 11:29 AM
If Ghengis Khan counts as a video game character, then one of my favorite video game characters is George Washington.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-20, 12:18 PM
Kirby and Yoshi share 1

8BitNinja
2016-03-21, 12:49 AM
Mother Brain frim Metriod, but the Captain N version

goto124
2016-03-23, 01:13 AM
one of my favorite video game characters is George Washington.

From which video game?

8BitNinja
2016-03-23, 02:24 AM
From which video game?

Any video games with George Washington

He was in Assassin's Creed 3, and in The Bill and Ted game

Peelee
2016-03-23, 10:50 AM
From which video game?

How about Liberty or Death (SNES)?

8BitNinja
2016-03-23, 01:41 PM
How about Liberty or Death (SNES)?

Seems like a fine strategy game

so that one

golentan
2016-03-23, 01:47 PM
Samus Aran.

8BitNinja
2016-03-23, 01:55 PM
Samus Aran.

Samus is okay, I included her on my top 10, but do you remember Other M?

golentan
2016-03-23, 02:20 PM
Samus is okay, I included her on my top 10, but do you remember Other M?

No, I don't. As far as I'm concerned, not a thing that happened, nope.

Knaight
2016-03-23, 03:28 PM
No, I don't. As far as I'm concerned, not a thing that happened, nope.

Besides, it's not an indication of flaws with the character. It's an indication that Team Ninja needs to be kept far, far away from Nintendo projects. Or, you know, videogames.

8BitNinja
2016-03-23, 06:38 PM
Besides, it's not an indication of flaws with the character. It's an indication that Team Ninja needs to be kept far, far away from Nintendo projects. Or, you know, videogames.

Tecmo should stay away from Zelda, remember the one Dynasty Warriors game they made with Zelda characters?

KerfuffleMach2
2016-03-24, 12:23 AM
Tecmo should stay away from Zelda, remember the one Dynasty Warriors game they made with Zelda characters?

That looks fun, and I totally want it.

Skald
2016-03-24, 03:22 AM
This used to be a pretty easy question for me to answer, back in the day I would have said 'Mega Man' with out hesitation, but with the way Capcom has been treating him lately...

goto124
2016-03-24, 10:41 AM
This used to be a pretty easy question for me to answer, back in the day I would have said 'Mega Man' with out hesitation, but with the way Capcom has been treating him lately...

You can state which Mega Man you want, by specifying the name of the game your favorite appears in. No need to take newer games into account! :smallbiggrin:

8BitNinja
2016-03-24, 02:39 PM
You can state which Mega Man you want, by specifying the name of the game your favorite appears in. No need to take newer games into account! :smallbiggrin:

I liked Mega Man II the best

Dr. Wily's Castle 1 was the best song in the game

jmhguy
2016-04-19, 05:25 AM
I like Link because he is left handed
jmh

8BitNinja
2016-04-19, 11:13 AM
I like Link because he is left handed
jmh

I think that there is some inconsistency with his dominant hand. I believe that in the original and Skyward Sword he is right handed

Peelee
2016-04-19, 11:22 AM
I think that there is some inconsistency with his dominant hand. I believe that in the original and Skyward Sword he is right handed

a.) In the original, he is left handed.

http://image-cdn.gamnesia.com/23786/legend-of-zelda__banner-auto-cropping.png

2.) You do know that it's not the same person in all the games, right? Each Link is a different person. They all wear green, are Hylian, are the heroes of Hyrule, most fight Ganon in some form, and nearly all are left-handed, but it's all different Links, technically.

Why yes, this DOES make semantics a huge thing with Link!

DataNinja
2016-04-19, 11:27 AM

Man, you'd think either a lot more, or lot less, parents in Hyrule would go around naming their kid "Link"...

Peelee
2016-04-19, 11:40 AM
Man, you'd think either a lot more, or lot less, parents in Hyrule would go around naming their kid "Link"...

I'm quite tempted to sig this.

DataNinja
2016-04-19, 12:53 PM
I'm quite tempted to sig this.

Feel free! :smallsmile:

8BitNinja
2016-04-19, 01:42 PM

2.) You do know that it's not the same person in all the games, right? Each Link is a different person. They all wear green, are Hylian, are the heroes of Hyrule, most fight Ganon in some form, and nearly all are left-handed, but it's all different Links, technically.

I know that they are all different Links, but how they are different is up to debate, there are many theories.

So maybe they are still the same while at the same time different (X-Files Music)

Peelee
2016-04-19, 02:48 PM
I know that they are all different Links, but how they are different is up to debate, there are many theories.

So maybe they are still the same while at the same time different (X-Files Music)

I want to believe.

Also, snazzy new avatar!

8BitNinja
2016-04-19, 03:56 PM
Also, snazzy new avatar!

Thank you very much, the credit goes to Professor Gnoll

goto124
2016-04-20, 08:04 AM

I was under the impression Link got his handedness switched to fit the Wii, because IRL most people are right-handed.

KillingAScarab
2016-04-20, 08:13 AM
I vote F: Other. Specifically, Samus Aran.

I was under the impression Link got his handedness switched to fit the Wii, because IRL most people are right-handed.This is correct. It is most notable in the Wii version of Twilight Princess, as they achieved this by mirroring everything in the world. Aside from making dungeons flipped on East-West axis compared to the GameCube version, this also means everyone else in Hyrule is left-handed and Link is the only righty. Check out the handedness of the Hyrule Castle guards (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk_zn7qwViA&t=1m41s).

goto124
2016-04-20, 09:13 AM
The things I learn from reading Awkward Zombie comics and forums! :smallbiggrin:

Katie, author and artist of the comic, stated:

Oh, and because people keep ragging on me for it: yes, I draw Midna with her left eye covered.
Perhaps you commoners don't know it, but the Wii version of Twilight Princess was completely flipped so that Link could be righthanded. All for you starboard freaks. This means that everything in the game is mirrored; every other character in the game is lefthanded, Hyrule is geographically lopsided, Midna's helmet is covering her other eye, blah blah blah.

Some people may logically conclude "Okay, so just draw it that way", but no! The GameCube version is still unmirrored, and Link remains lefthanded in SSB: Brawl and all concept art.

I will continue to draw them as they were originally drawn, and I will also continue to overimplement italics.

Professor Gnoll
2016-04-20, 09:24 AM
Meta Knight! Meta Knight! Is there anything about him that isn't the coolest thing ever? His sword! His mask! His airship! His theme! His voice!
He's the best character in Brawl for a reason. They needed to accurately represent just how excellent he is.

8BitNinja
2016-04-20, 10:16 AM
Meta Knight! Meta Knight! Is there anything about him that isn't the coolest thing ever? His sword! His mask! His airship! His theme! His voice!
He's the best character in Brawl for a reason. They needed to accurately represent just how excellent he is.

He had the best Subspace Emissary entrance.

He has also gotten a lot cooler over the years, when I played Kirby's Adventure for the NES, he was okay, but now, he is easily my favorite Kirby character.

Sorry Waddle-Dee, but you don't even give me powers when I eat you

Aniikinis
2016-04-20, 02:12 PM
Other (Meta-knight)

Seriously, I love his character in the Kirby games.

Plus it's fun to be a total bumhole in Smash Bros. :smallamused:

8BitNinja
2016-04-20, 02:14 PM
Other (Meta-knight)

Seriously, I love his character in the Kirby games.

Plus it's fun to be a total bumhole in Smash Bros. :smallamused:

If you want to be a bumhole is Smash Bros., you should play Brawl and pick Ice Climbers

JohnnyDavids13
2016-04-20, 04:06 PM
No doubt A. I loved all those kinds of games.

8BitNinja
2016-04-20, 05:48 PM
No doubt A. I loved all those kinds of games.

I have honestly never played F-Zero

Alent
2016-04-21, 04:30 PM
I have honestly never played F-Zero

This explains why Captain Falcon is on the list instead of Chunky Goroh.

8BitNinja
2016-04-21, 07:43 PM
This explains why Captain Falcon is on the list instead of Chunky Goroh.

I thought it was Samurai Goroh

Please forgive me if I'm ruining your joke

Sinte
2016-04-22, 12:16 AM
Mario. The first game character I saw with my eyes at a relative's house, the first video game I played.

Peelee
2016-04-22, 08:02 AM
Mario. The first game character I saw with my eyes at a relative's house, the first video game I played.

Ahhh, youth.

8BitNinja
2016-04-22, 09:27 AM

My dad had a NES ever since I was three, but when I was 5, and then old enough to understand how to use the thing, the first three Super Mario Bros. games were the first three games I played. They were my favorite.

My other one that I played a lot was Gauntlet II, I thought that there was an end, so I tried to get there. In the end, I only reached level 40 on a good day.

Vivee
2016-05-11, 07:45 PM
F- Other
Kirby

Gotta love that pink puffball!

8BitNinja
2016-05-12, 12:02 PM
F- Other
Kirby

Gotta love that pink puffball!

My favorite version of Kirby: UFO Kirby

very rare, but very overpowered

Hamste
2016-05-19, 09:01 AM
If you want to be a bumhole is Smash Bros., you should play Brawl and pick Ice Climbers

Actually, Metaknight is ranked higher on the bumhole tier list than ice climbers for brawl. He is so good I'm pretty sure he is in his own ranking.

Also Kirby is my favourite.

8BitNinja
2016-05-19, 09:55 AM
Actually, Metaknight is ranked higher on the bumhole tier list than ice climbers for brawl. He is so good I'm pretty sure he is in his own ranking.

You obviously haven't seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSkCGa_J5wY

Black Socks
2016-05-20, 02:18 PM
Luigi all the way!
And for my name... Um.... 'John Robertson'.

8BitNinja
2016-05-20, 05:59 PM
Luigi all the way!
And for my name... Um.... 'John Robertson'.

He is pleased

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/meme/images/2/20/Weegee.png/revision/latest?cb=20130731004845

Hamste
2016-05-23, 01:37 PM
You obviously haven't seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSkCGa_J5wY

To be fair wobbling is difficult to do requiring you to precisely do the combo (well extremely difficult for people like me who are bad with beats) and more importantly requires actually being caught by them with their small reach and poor air control. Meanwhile, Metaknight may not have a infinite damage combo but he has great attack speed, has great recovery and is thought to have zero bad match ups. It was bad enough that Metaknight was briefly banned from every official tournament after 75% of people polled said he should be banned and the regulators voted 14-0 with one abstaining in favor of banning (The only reason he isn't still banned is that the regulatory body collapsed)

8BitNinja
2016-05-23, 04:39 PM
To be fair wobbling is difficult to do requiring you to precisely do the combo (well extremely difficult for people like me who are bad with beats) and more importantly requires actually being caught by them with their small reach and poor air control. Meanwhile, Metaknight may not have a infinite damage combo but he has great attack speed, has great recovery and is thought to have zero bad match ups. It was bad enough that Metaknight was briefly banned from every official tournament after 75% of people polled said he should be banned and the regulators voted 14-0 with one abstaining in favor of banning (The only reason he isn't still banned is that the regulatory body collapsed)

This is like talking about an army's strength and saying, "Sure, they don't have a nuclear arsenal, but they got some sweet tanks"

But yeah, Meta Knight is still pretty good

Hiro Protagonest
2016-05-23, 04:50 PM
This is like talking about an army's strength and saying, "Sure, they don't have a nuclear arsenal, but they got some sweet tanks"

But yeah, Meta Knight is still pretty good

I think top Brawl players having a virtually unanimous observation of Metaknight being the only SS tier character ever is a better argument than yous.

randman22222
2016-05-23, 05:38 PM
C- Link

He come to town. Come to save the princess Zelda.

Yeah the Zelda games were a nice escape when I was a kid, what with their clear cut morality and happy (with a touch of bittersweetness) endings.

As for a handle, just use my name here.

8BitNinja
2016-05-24, 04:01 AM
C- Link

He come to town. Come to save the princess Zelda.

A reference to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDwk59K0KMQ

randman22222
2016-05-24, 09:18 AM
A reference to this?
(video goes here)

Yup !

Giegue
2016-06-10, 07:54 PM
His glorious highness King P. is displeased that you did not include him in your list. Therefore, I will rectify this by answering "Other" under the name Bill Cipher. HEIL PORKY! Also, my namesake is totally awesome too, just saying. His awesomeness is such that you cannot comprehend his true form.

So, yes, my vote is "Other" for Porky Minch and Giygas/Giegue, main antagonists of the Mother (earthbound) series!

Bohandas
2016-06-10, 10:45 PM
Princess Daisy

http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Mario/SMBMovie-DaisyKoopa.jpg

EDIT:
Also Giygas

8BitNinja
2016-06-10, 11:03 PM
Princess Daisy

http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Mario/SMBMovie-DaisyKoopa.jpg

Cthulhu, is that you?

Bohandas
2016-06-11, 08:32 PM
Cthulhu, is that you?

It's a humanoid version of Bowser Koopa

KillingAScarab
2016-06-12, 12:25 AM
It's a humanoid version of Bowser KoopaI had forgotten what they did to Dennis Hopper's hair.

This calls for the Bob Hoskins warp scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5qoWqkq6XU).

Raimun
2016-06-12, 11:03 PM
Other, ie. Solid Snake. He can beat up Mario in a Nintendo-game, so he totally counts.

Zigwat
2016-06-13, 11:34 PM
That is a pretty tough one. If you held a gun up to my head, I'd have to go with Little Mac from Punchout. There are several reasons why, but at the moment, I'm too tired to list them off. Why post in the first place.... well, you picked a funny time to start making actual sense.

8BitNinja
2016-06-13, 11:40 PM
It's a humanoid version of Bowser Koopa

I know, I was just commenting on the movie.

ShneekeyTheLost
2016-06-15, 10:51 AM
Cecil (FF IV). One of the few main characters who actually grows and develops as a character throughout a JRPG. Actually starts off as working for the bad guys as a dark knight. Realizes his boss is whacked. His best friend turns on him. Twice. Over his girl. Gets over his emo, becomes a Paladin, proceeds to kick ass.

Yora
2016-06-15, 10:57 AM
I like Samus because Super Metroid is the only Nintendo game I really played other than Super Street Fighter II, which is not originally Nintendo.

joshspace
2016-06-16, 01:52 PM
Other (the black mage from Final Fantasy 1).

Spore
2016-06-16, 02:41 PM
This might be exotic but Prince Peasley. Complete with the canon cockiness, the fan-made crush on Luigi and the fact that he could've saved his kingdom but was just too busy looking fabulous. (Also he did the Pretty Boy trope without resorting to forced gay stereotyping which is a big plus in my books.)

For antagonists probably Dimentio.