PDA

View Full Version : Help me stat weapons?

sengmeng
2016-03-15, 04:09 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/afiir9.jpg
I drew this, so I have the right to post it.

So there we go! I drew some weapons, they can use names and stats. Preferably 3.5, but if you want to stat them up for other systems, be my guest. I just won't understand it.

Jormengand
2016-03-15, 04:57 PM
NameCostDesignationProficiencyDmg (S)Dmg (M)CriticalRangeWeightType
Bladeshield50 gpOne-handed MeleeExotic1d61d819-20 *2010 lbSlashing
Knuckle-chain50 gpSee text MeleeExotic1d61d8*3Reach10 lbSlashing or Piercing
Locksabre10 gpOne-handed MeleeMartial1d61d8*410 ft8 lbPiercing
Morningspear10 gpTwo-handed MeleeMartial1d3/1d31d4/1d4*2-15 lbPiercing/Bludgeoning and Piercing
Sword Ribbon10 gp-Exotic------
Spadeaxe50 gpTwo-handed meleeExotic1d101d1219-20 *2-12 lbSlashing
Vinesword50 gp1-handed meleeExotic1d61d819-20 *2-8 lbSlashing or Piercing
Weaponbreaker100 gpTwo-handed meleeExotic1d81d10*3-8 lbSlashing and piercing

Bladeshield
A creature wielding a bladeshield gets a +1 shield bonus to AC. They can be enchanted as a shield or weapon separately. You can bash with the shield, or spike it, in which case treat it as a light shield.

Knuckle-chain
A knuckle-chain can be wielded by placing one's fingers through the four holes and wielding it as an odd dagger or brass knuckle. In this case it is essentially a light weapon. However, as a swift action for a proficient user or a standard action otherwise, the wielder can immediately whip the chain out to its full length, wielding the weapon as though it were a reach weapon, and striking a free attack, which automatically denies any creature previously ignorant of the weapon's abilities their dexterity bonus to armour class. The user can whip the weapon back in with another action of the same type, but they don't get a free attack in this case.

Locksabre
Locksabres are cruel weapons, designed to lodge themselves in a target. Whenever the locksabre strikes a successful hit, the wielder is immediately disarmed of it. The creature struck now has to deal with whatever properties the locksabre has, as it is stuck inside them. On each action the creature takes, the locksabre deals a point of damage to the creature; if it is pulled out it immediately strikes a critical hit (no strength modifier) against them. The locksabre provides an arcane spell failure chance of 5% and may lead to encumbrance. Locksabres made of dangerous materials are not uncommon.

Morningspear
A morningspear isn't quite a double weapon; whenever you attack with the spear, you get a free attack with the morningstar. However, neither is nearly as powerful as their full-sized counterparts and each one is only treated as being wielded in one hand and the morningstar is treated as light for your strength bonus.

Sword Ribbon
For a creature nonproficient in the sword ribbon, it is a nice decoration for their weapon. For a creature proficient in it, it allows a free feint attempt before each attack. Despite the name, it can be applied to most weapons where the damaging part of the weapon is small and stationary.

Spadeaxe
You can use a spadeaxe to bull rush a creature without moving into their space or provoking an attack of opportunity. You can use a spadeaxe as an actual spade.

Vinesword
You get a +4 bonus to disarm checks while wielding a vinesword if you're proficient in it.

Weaponbreaker
A creature with a weaponbreaker gets a +4 bonus on disarm and sunder attempts and if they sunder a weapon, the hit is automatically critical.

sengmeng
2016-03-16, 02:29 PM
Knuckle-chain
A knuckle-chain can be wielded by placing one's fingers through the four holes and wielding it as an odd dagger or brass knuckle. In this case it is essentially a light weapon. However, as a swift action for a proficient user or a standard action otherwise, the wielder can immediately whip the chain out to its full length, wielding the weapon as though it were a reach weapon, and striking a free attack, which automatically denies any creature previously ignorant of the weapon's abilities their dexterity bonus to armour class. The user can whip the weapon back in with another action of the same type, but they don't get a free attack in this case.

Like the name. I was thinking this would be a double weapon with the option to wield it like a flail as a one-handed weapon; it's basically a pair of light weapons connected by a chain.

Locksabre
Locksabres are cruel weapons, designed to lodge themselves in a target. Whenever the locksabre strikes a successful hit, the wielder is immediately disarmed of it. The creature struck now has to deal with whatever properties the locksabre has, as it is stuck inside them. On each action the creature takes, the locksabre deals a point of damage to the creature; if it is pulled out it immediately strikes a critical hit (no strength modifier) against them. The locksabre provides an arcane spell failure chance of 5% and may lead to encumbrance. Locksabres made of dangerous materials are not uncommon.

Again, I like the name, and the idea of it becoming embedded. I'd probably knock that effect down to working on a critical, not any time it hits. Does "deal with properties" imply that a flaming Locksabre hits the victim for fire damage as long as it's embedded, because that would be worth a lot of money.

Morningspear
A morningspear isn't quite a double weapon; whenever you attack with the spear, you get a free attack with the morningstar. However, neither is nearly as powerful as their full-sized counterparts and each one is only treated as being wielded in one hand.

<3 the name. It's an odd distinction to have it grant attacks but is not a double weapon. Wouldn't it be strictly better than a double weapon as it gets x1 strength bonus to both attacks, or did you intend x.5 strength bonus for both? And no set versus charge?

Sword Ribbon
For a creature nonproficient in the sword ribbon, it is a nice decoration for their weapon. For a creature proficient in it, it allows a free feint attempt before each attack. Despite the name, it can be applied to most weapons where the damaging part of the weapon is small and stationary.

Haha, I guess my lazy drawing is to blame for this one. The black vine-like structure on the hilt is not supposed to be flexible. Overall, that weapon is supposed to be a cross between rapier and a basard sword, with the ornate prongs perhaps giving a disarm bonus like the sai has.

Spadeaxe
You can use a spadeaxe to bull rush a creature without moving into their space or provoking an attack of opportunity. You can use a spadeaxe as an actual spade.

Ouch, again, my drawing skills must be sub-par. That's supposed to be a bastard sword with a small kite-shield mounted on the handle. I was thinking it was a two-handed weapon that grants an AC bonus

Weaponbreaker
A creature with a weaponbreaker gets a +4 bonus on disarm and sunder attempts and if they sunder a weapon, the hit is automatically critical.

Looks good.

Jormengand
2016-03-16, 02:59 PM
The knucklechain's hammer end looks like a punching dagger's handle, which is why I thought of that.

The lockblade doesn't actually hit people. It just deals a point of damage on action.

I fixed the morningspear doing too much damage.

I added the vinesword but kept the sword ribbon.

I kept the spadeaxe but added the bladeshield.