PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Trying to mess with my Old buddy GM

TomDaRageTrain
2016-03-15, 04:56 PM
Hey, how ya doin.
I'm getting ready to start a new game, it's sort of custom game from our GM. I planned on playing the party's cleric and was hoping you could give me some tips or guidance on how to make him just a tad bit on the broken side.
Here's the details:
1st Level, Cleric from the Tome of Awesome books, We can do 2 traits or 3 traits 1 flaw, I can select from any and all domains
The point buy system is either start all at 8 and get 32 points or start all at 10 and use 25 points(Like Pathfinder)

I planned on playing a tiefling, but the GM let us take creative liberties and lets us design the look and aspects of our characters ourselves, so I'm a large Tiefling/demon thing made of Fire, lava, and obsidian/stone with four arms. My weapons were planned to be a glaive that doubled as a guitar, and an axe that doubled as a bass, as my characters spells are drawn out like a bards song. They also count as my holy symbols.
The GM has three distinct character creation mechanics for the game, the first just gives different stat increases based on elemental selection
The element you choose dictates attributes, Grants benefits based on regions element, and immunity to the same element
Fire: Str+2 Wis-2
Water: Cha+2 Dex-2
Air: Dex+2 Int-2
Earth: Con+2 Cha-2
Dark: Int+2 Con-2
Light: Wis+2 Str-2
Mana: +2 based on Region’s element
Spirit: Cha+2 Dex-2
Ice: Con+2 Cha-2
Lightni: Int+2 Con-2
Metal: Str+2 Int-2
Death: Wis+2 Str-2
Life: Dex+2 Wis-2

The second I already have selected it's a bonus based on homeland sort of thing
Demon: Straight from the Nether
Know:Dungeon, Intimidate +2
Instill fear: (EX) Inspire courage in reverse against enemies
Demonic influence: Can use suggestion by exploiting a characters dominate Sin

And the final thing is a retainer
Retainer, Each champions gets a retainer. There are a few you can choose to start with, but as the game goes on can recruit more. only one retainer can accompany you. Unless you are a monster Tamer or have the leadership feat. they can not affect or be affected by combat

Prinny
A Prinny Retainer can turn into any weapon, They have an enhancement bonus equal to 1/3 level round up.
Explosion (su): Whenever a prinny is thrown, it explodes, dealing 1d6 per 2 lvls in a 10 ft. radius as force damage. Opponents get a Reflex save for half damage, DC 10 + ½ lvl
An exploded Prinny takes 10min to recover and can not be used as a weapon until full recovery

Maid
A maid can be given an item to hold. held items can be used as a swift action. giving an item to the maid is a move action. Potions are a standard action. a maid can not use wands or scrolls
Maid Pouch:Your maid is always ready to give you the item you need, scales with your ranks in Sleight of Hand.
0 ranks: You can draw or sheath weapons as a free action usable out of your turn. You can even draw hidden weapon that way, additionally you can attempt to conceal a weapon as a free action without penalty.
4 ranks: You gain the benefits of Bag Full of Knick Knacks.
9 ranks: The maid gains a hammerspace in her pockets/pouch (cleavage), allowing her to pull even large items out of her sleeve. You count as having a handy haversack that holds content like a type I bag of holding. Her hammerpsace cannot rupture, it is extraordinary, it does not interfere with other magic items you have and can safely be taken into other dimension without threats of disruption.
14 ranks: You gain the benefits of Improved Bag Full of Knick Knacks. her hammerpsace can now hold as much item as a type II bag of holding
19 ranks: You gain the benefits of Greater Bag Full of Knick Knacks. her hammerpsace can now hold as much item as a type III bag of holding

Maid pouch can not be used if she is already holding an item

Fairy
A Fairy Retainer is clever and full of monster lore. A fairy can identify monsters and give you hints on how to combat them.
Having a Fairy companion grants you Resistance bonus to Saves equal ⅓ level round up
Fairies make great scouts due to their small size and ability to fly, However they also have a danger sense and will not fly into high threat areas.
They can make a good replacement for Mage hand

Familiar
You can take a wizard familiar and gain all benefits a wizard would have, even if you aren’t a wizard.
This familiar can become an improved familiar at lvl 7

Angel in training
As part of a program between Celestia and the Nether. Trainees will be exchanged as part of their training.
Cure light wounds 1/per hour,
Guardian angel: Protection bonus to AC ⅓ level round up

Apprentice spellcaster
+2 on counterspell checks
Can recast spells you have cast,
lvl 1 recasts 1 per level up to lvl 3
lvl 2 recasts 1 per level up to lvl 6
lvl 3 recasts 1 per level up to lvl 9
lvl 4 recasts 1 per level up to lvl 12
lvl 5 recasts 1 per level up to lvl 15
lvl 6 recasts 1 per level up to lvl 19
lvl 7 recasts 1 at lvl 20