PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Virulent Weapon question

Invader
2016-03-15, 07:37 PM
If an injury poison was delivered by one weapon and the target was then struck by a virulent weapon without or with a separate poison, would you rule that it still decreases the secondary effect of the first poison to 5 rounds or that the poison has to be delivered via that weapon.

I'm afb and the description I found online isn't specific and how it's worded would allow to work even if it was delivered by the same weapon.

Venger
2016-03-15, 08:08 PM
If an injury poison was delivered by one weapon and the target was then struck by a virulent weapon without or with a separate poison, would you rule that it still decreases the secondary effect of the first poison to 5 rounds or that the poison has to be delivered via that weapon.

I'm afb and the description I found online isn't specific and how it's worded would allow to work even if it was delivered by the same weapon.

So what you're asking is:

1) hit enemy with non-virulent, poisoned weapon
2) hit enemy with virulent weapon

does virulent activate the poison from the earlier attack?

the answer is no. virulent weapon will only hasten poison that's applied to itself. it doesn't work in tandem with other poisoned weapons. it has to be delivered via that weapon. drow of the underdark page 96

Invader
2016-03-15, 08:42 PM
So what you're asking is:

1) hit enemy with non-virulent, poisoned weapon
2) hit enemy with virulent weapon

does virulent activate the poison from the earlier attack?

the answer is no. virulent weapon will only hasten poison that's applied to itself. it doesn't work in tandem with other poisoned weapons. it has to be delivered via that weapon. drow of the underdark page 96

Ok, I had a feeling the actual description was more specific than the one I was reading. Thanks

Akal Saris
2016-03-15, 10:23 PM
I agree with Venger's reading of the ability.

Venger
2016-03-15, 10:34 PM
Ok, I had a feeling the actual description was more specific than the one I was reading. Thanks

Happy to be of assistance. if you're doing a poison guy check out the handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0) by Akal Saris himself.