PDA

View Full Version : Best Divine Feat(s) for Serenity (Cha-dumped) Paladin

Yogibear41
2016-03-16, 12:31 AM
What in your opinion is/are the best divine feats to take for a Paladin who has dumped Cha. Divine would be the normal go to option, but since it and several other divine feats key off Charisma, they are useless for a Serenity Paladin.

Snowbluff
2016-03-16, 12:35 AM
Divine Feats, or feats made for Divine characters? Because Law Devotion is really solid, and the only thing based on cha for it is that you can spend a turn attempt to use the buff additional times in a day.

Troacctid
2016-03-16, 01:11 AM
Law Devotion and Animal Devotion are both very good. Strength Devotion, Protection Devotion, and Fire Devotion are not as good, but still pretty reasonable.

Yogibear41
2016-03-16, 01:34 AM
I was already planning on taking healing devotion(I know its mediocre) and either law or protection devotion. Still trying to decide between law vs protection, because I was going for a little bit of utility/support which protection devotion would be better for and would complement healing devotion for extra party support. But +7 to hit from 1 feat seems pretty strong.
Mainly seeing if there are any other good feats I can use turning attempts on for extra utility/versatility, or even just extra damage.

Troacctid
2016-03-16, 03:47 PM
Healing Devotion is okay, I guess, but it's rarely my first choice, unless I'm binding Tenebrous and have infinite uses of it. The slow trickle of fast healing makes it unexciting in combat, because most combats are over so quickly, and outside of combat, Lesser Vigor is only a 1st level spell, so wands are super cheap. Automatically stabilizing and reviving yourself if you fall into negatives is cute, but falling into negatives should be uncommon, so I don't value it all that highly.

Waazraath
2016-03-16, 04:01 PM
Travel devotion! The way for the pally who doesn't get pounce, to still take a move & full attack. At low levels when you only have 1 attack it's also good, I found that 2 move actions often ensure you're both in a position to charge and then flank, for a +4 on attack rolls.

Troacctid
2016-03-16, 04:07 PM
Travel Devotion is pretty bad if you're going to be mounted.

TiaC
2016-03-16, 04:38 PM
Travel Devotion is pretty bad if you're going to be mounted.

I still remember the guy who played a Paladin with a flight speed and insane strength on a horse that couldn't fly. When he needed to take to the air, he'd just wrap his legs around the horse's barrel and lift off with a terrified horse hanging below him.

Rangô
2016-03-17, 07:43 AM
Attending to charisma bonus and divine feats I will pick one of these depending on the build of your character:
- Sacred Healing (CD) could help your party healer saving spell's slot when you're out of combat, using one turn attempt granting fast healing 3, 1 + charisma bonus rounds to each living creature within 60' radius. The same treatment with Sacred Purification (PH2) as swift action create a 60' burst of positive energy healing 1d8+Cha to each living creature and dealing to undeath, not very useful.

- Divine Shield (CD) as standar action spend one turn attempt to stack your charisma bonus to your shield for 1/2 your character level, if you're tanking or focused in shield could be a great feat, specially with Shield Ward (PH2) which allows you add your shield AC bonus (+ Cha) to touch attacks (thinking your low touch AC) and oposite rolls against fighting manouvers, bull-rush, trip...

- Divine Power (CD) as free action spend one turn attempt adding your char bonus to damage in a full attack... meh! I don't see it

- Divine Vigor (CD) as standar action use one turn attempt to add 10' to your speed and +2 hp/level during cha bonus minutes... not bad.

Besides for your paladin
- Sacred Vitality (Libris Mortis) as standar action spend one turn attempt gainning inmunity to energy comsumption and characteristic damage, lasts for a minute. I really like it, no more poisonning or negative levels.

- Divine Justice (PH2) Just for fun, swift action to designate a foe using a turn attempt, if he hits you in melee take the damage, your next succeful attack will deal at least the amount of damage he did you. Well... DM's rogue has flanked you and backstabbed for +7d6 and you come back with you long sword dealing 1d8+Str...wait, I meant +7d6

In other place if you didn't chose a paladin variant without spellcasting, Battle Blessing (CCH) is a 'must'.

Fizban
2016-03-17, 09:27 AM
I still remember the guy who played a Paladin with a flight speed and insane strength on a horse that couldn't fly. When he needed to take to the air, he'd just wrap his legs around the horse's barrel and lift off with a terrified horse hanging below him.
That is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2016-03-17, 08:39 PM

Hahaha what/! 0w0