PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Karmic Strike (3.5e) and Robilar's Gambit(3.5e) stack?

theboss
2016-03-16, 09:12 AM
Basically title says it all, Does this 2 feats stack?
For the record, lets say the target hit me, do i get 2 AoO? (1 from Robilar's Gambit and 1 from Karmic Strike?) ...
FYI, i know the double hit feat... So does it make it 4 AoO per 1 hit?

OldTrees1
2016-03-16, 09:26 AM
Yes Karmic Strike, Robliar's Gambit, and Double Hit stack but your math is not quite right:

1 Attack/Hit (different triggers remember) -> 2 Opportunities (not 4 AoOs)-> 2 attacks with each weapon(4 attacks but only costing 2 AoOs). This is important because you can only act upon a limited number of opportunities per round (1+Dex mod) so the 2 attacks per opportunity feature of Double Hit is quite nice.

theboss
2016-03-16, 09:28 AM
Yes Karmic Strike, Robliar's Gambit, and Double Hit stack but your math is not quite right:

1 Attack/Hit (different triggers remember) -> 2 Opportunities (not 4 AoOs)-> 2 attacks with each weapon(4 attacks but only costing 2 AoOs). This is important because you can only act upon a limited number of opportunities per round (1+Dex mod) so the 2 attacks per opportunity feature of Double Hit is quite nice.

Oh damn... that's alot better than i thought it'd be...
Thanks buddy

OldTrees1
2016-03-16, 10:37 AM
Oh damn... that's alot better than i thought it'd be...
Thanks buddy

You're welcome.
Do remember that, excluding the two-hand/no-hand duel wielding, 2 duel wielding attacks tend to be similar in strength to 1 two-handed attack. So to fully make use of Double Hit one would want an on-hit effect(like Sneak Attack, Knockback, Staggering Strike, Knock-down, Daze ...).

Personally I like Double Hit (attack with both ends as an AoO) to trigger Dire Flail smash(if you hit with both ends, Fort vs Daze) thus making my AoOs each threaten to Daze my foe.