PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF - What Robots Would You Build To Fight In SPACE?

unseenmage
2016-03-16, 09:19 AM
If you could fight cthulhu-esque monsters in space using robots based on any creature in PF what robots would you build?

Looking for suggestions for an IRL game set after the Iron Gods AP. Level 17 almost 18 and we're Mythic tier 3. My character's only strength is his Constructs (seriously though he sucks out loud at anything else; as an alchemist he's not even a spellcaster). Terrasque is off limits as is Cthulhu itself and all of the cthulhu-esque monsters (though as a strange twist we are allowed the Mi-Go).

Looking for both suggestions for what Robots my character should keep on hand to defend himself with as well as suggestions for what Robots should be mass produced (when we have the ability) to defend Golarion itself from extraterrestrial invasion.
They'll lose their SU and SP abilities so this is a unique challenge.

Constructs will have the Robot Subtype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/robot) simply added as though it were a template for +1 CR.

Other creature types will have the Clockwork Creature template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/clockwork-creature-template-cr-1-tohc) (Tome of Horrors Complete version) applied so they'll lose SU and SP abilities before having the Robot Subtype applied.

Creatures that can't be Clockwork-ed will be combined with a Construct via the Amalgam template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/amalgam-creature-cr-special) to change them into Robot-able Constructs (anything combined with a Construct results in a Construct).

Houserule/RAW interpretation has all Constructs being made with Spellcraft checks with a Price of CR*CR*500 and a body construction cost of Price*0.1 if it matters.

Am already using the Lusca (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/lusca) (3-headed-shark-squid with most natural attacks in PF). Am hoping to find some less brute force alternatives.

atemu1234
2016-03-16, 10:08 AM
Honestly, I'd love to create a Clockwork space Tarrasque.

Necromancy
2016-03-16, 10:35 AM
Go nuts with the modify construct rules and mak an adamant ite gundam

noob
2016-03-16, 01:57 PM
I like drunk level 17 psion Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Clockwork Creature robot.
Then if you prefer brute force take a creature with high hd and some added effects on attack and make a
??? Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Clockwork Creature robot
Then farm your apocalypse swarms by putting a resetting area of effect mechanical damage traps which triggers every minute(double your amount of swarms every minute).
You might try an ??? instrument of the gods Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Clockwork Creature robot.
or a ??? Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Collective Creature Consuming Creature Clockwork Creature robot(make it eat stuff with cool abilities then put it in the trap-room)
Also if the eldritch template is allowed you can slap it onto the thing and reduce as much as you can the intelligence, charisma,wisdom, and constitution of the creature allowing you to reduce its cr without harming the ability to fight of your construct and then take Regeneration and add one ton of times Healing Bypass except for the kind of damage you use to make your things duplicate at astronomic speed since they can go into the negatives as much as you want without killing them and so you can make systems hitting them thousand of times per turn multiplying by 2^1000 the number of swarms you have every turn.
Pod-Spawned Creature also helps since it reduce the CR and remove things that will already be removed by Clockwork Creature
But you probably did not meant "any creature"
But if this much abusive stuff was possible the world would be so much filled with your creations it would make ancients go insane.

unseenmage
2016-03-16, 07:06 PM
Honestly, I'd love to create a Clockwork space Tarrasque.
Sadly the Tarrasque is off limits. The PF one is way stronger as of the Inner Sea book its in anyway. Ignoring all DR and Hardness is just mean. Clockwork takes away its Carapace anyway.
Though Amalgam Template-ing it onto a Tattoo Guardian makes it wearable and retains the carapace.

Go nuts with the modify construct rules and mak an adamant ite gundam
Definitely. Except one of the other players already has a modified Adamantine Golem planned and I'd hate to steal their thunder (especially as I'd also have to steal their ideas; they make GOOD plans).

I like drunk level 17 psion Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Clockwork Creature robot.
Then if you prefer brute force take a creature with high hd and some added effects on attack and make a
??? Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Clockwork Creature robot
Then farm your apocalypse swarms by putting a resetting area of effect mechanical damage traps which triggers every minute(double your amount of swarms every minute).
You might try an ??? instrument of the gods Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Clockwork Creature robot.
or a ??? Creature Swarm apocalypse swarm Collective Creature Consuming Creature Clockwork Creature robot(make it eat stuff with cool abilities then put it in the trap-room)
Also if the eldritch template is allowed you can slap it onto the thing and reduce as much as you can the intelligence, charisma,wisdom, and constitution of the creature allowing you to reduce its cr without harming the ability to fight of your construct and then take Regeneration and add one ton of times Healing Bypass except for the kind of damage you use to make your things duplicate at astronomic speed since they can go into the negatives as much as you want without killing them and so you can make systems hitting them thousand of times per turn multiplying by 2^1000 the number of swarms you have every turn.
Pod-Spawned Creature also helps since it reduce the CR and remove things that will already be removed by Clockwork Creature
But you probably did not meant "any creature"
But if this much abusive stuff was possible the world would be so much filled with your creations it would make ancients go insane.
This... is very hard to read. But I'll give it a shot.

I think you're using some templates and a specific creature to make a clockwork swarm that infinitely duplicates yes? Sorry but I am trying to avoid infinite loops for this game. Last game with this GM he allowed infinite and we all had fun enough but this time around I'm giving him a break from shenanigans. (Though Latten Mechanisms do make four clockwork construct corpses every day and I already found a way to monetize it which we all agreed it was best to not utilize.)

Eldritch template looks like fun. But I'm going to hand it off to my GM so they can use it to make more space monsters for us to fight.
Pod-Spawned has some merit. Maybe. I'll have to see. We've already been using Young to lower Construct prices and I have personally been avoiding combining it with Advanced, though at this level of play maybe I should be adding Advanced to all my Constructs.

Florian
2016-03-17, 02:57 AM
I´d upgrade the Clockwork Dragon and Juggernaut to robots.
The later, I´d upgrade with flying, force field, twin chainguns, plasma lance and make my personal hover bike out of it. :D

noob
2016-03-17, 01:04 PM
I think you're using some templates and a specific creature to make a clockwork swarm that infinitely duplicates yes
There is a nuance: I use a template that turns into a swarm and a template that allows swarms to duplicate when hit.
You might also try ranged attack spam onto an animated object: the cost of an animated object is.
[(animated object’s HD + CP) ×1,000])
Which means that you can make as many cp as you want and is stays cheap
then stack

Ability Score Modification: Using this modification, a crafter can permanently increase one of the construct’s ability scores by +2 per modification. He cannot increase any abilities with a score of 0. The cost for permanently increasing an ability score is 5,000 gp.
and

Additional Attack (Ex, 1 CP): Gains an additional slam attack.
then use

Ranged Attack (Ex, 2 CP): Replace one slam attack with a ranged attack. It does the same amount of damage, and has a range of 20 feet. Replace all attacks for an additional +2 CP. Object abilities that specify slam attacks do not work on ranged attacks.
Twice and your construct can instagib people at range.
But that is not really useful to instagib people there is already gunslingers supposed to do that.

You could also use a little monstruous lycanthrope for applying the clockwork template to any creature

Âmesang
2016-03-17, 01:55 PM
Any chance you could make some sort of locust hivemind construct swarm that doesn't just consume everything in its path, but uses what they consume to replicate themselves?

Florian
2016-03-17, 02:02 PM
Any chance you could make some sort of locust hivemind construct swarm that doesn't just consume everything in its path, but uses what they consume to replicate themselves?

You´ll find that under "Grey Goo"

unseenmage
2016-03-18, 08:35 AM
You´ll find that under "Grey Goo"

According to the text the replicating infectious version of Gray Goo is only rumored. Though the base version does still reduce victims to gray dust.

Edit: I need an infiltration construct and the Clockwork Spy seems somewhat lackluster.

Thealtruistorc
2016-03-19, 04:10 PM
According to the text the replicating infectious version of Gray Goo is only rumored. Though the base version does still reduce victims to gray dust.

Edit: I need an infiltration construct and the Clockwork Spy seems somewhat lackluster.

All rumors have a degree of truth to them, don't they?

Also, for infiltration, consider a clockwork invisible stalker or spawn of Yog-Sothoth

noob
2016-03-19, 05:07 PM
or spawn of Yog-Sothoth
Well the latter may or may not be forbidden depending on the GM unseen-mage have.
Else invisible tracker is a great choice for stealth(ex invisibility)
Will-o'-wisp is great(ex immunity to magic and invisibility) and since it is not incorporeal and is living it is a valid subject for clockwork and also it is not as much linked to Lovecraft as spawn of Yog-Sothoth.

Sayt
2016-03-19, 06:16 PM
I had a 17th level 3.pf wizard build for a silly game that build a Clockwork dragon, upped it to something like 35 HD, and gave it a mechanical brain and heart. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it looked like it was going to be pretty rippy.