PDA

View Full Version : Numenera/Cypher Foci

puctheplayfull
2016-03-16, 11:33 AM
Way back, when I first picked up the Numenera book and started playing around with the system, I started looking for custom foci and descriptors. I found a few pdf's, either on 4shared or scribd I think, that were peoples homebrew. I had saved them but now cannot find them anywhere, and haven't been able to locate them again online. Specifically, I'm looking for the monstrous foci someone made that expanded on the Howls at the Moon focus. They created foci that cover ghosts, vampires, and I think zombies all in one document. Does anyone have a copy of this, or anything like it? None of these has been posted on the Ninth World website and I want to offer it up as an option in a Cypher system game I'm putting together.

Thanks...

PS: If anyone has any awesome Foci or Descriptors that aren't on the Ninth World site they would like to share, that would be awesome too.

Xefas
2016-03-16, 03:02 PM
Do you remember if it was official-looking or a homebrew sort of thing? Because the Numenera Character Options (http://www.montecookgames.com/store/product/numenera-character-options/) book, IIRC, has some more options for Howls At The Moon, along with Separates Mind From Body, which is kinda ghosty, and Siphons Power, which is kinda vampirey.

puctheplayfull
2016-03-16, 11:13 PM
Do you remember if it was official-looking or a homebrew sort of thing? Because the Numenera Character Options (http://www.montecookgames.com/store/product/numenera-character-options/) book, IIRC, has some more options for Howls At The Moon, along with Separates Mind From Body, which is kinda ghosty, and Siphons Power, which is kinda vampirey.

It was homebrew, but very well done. I don't know if it came from an independent publisher or not, and it wasn't Seperates Mind from Body, it was actually for playing a ghost, same with a zombie and a vampire. It was Halloween monster themed and may have had others, I don't remember. I had a copy, but I think I deleted it from a temp folder without a backup anywhere else.

EDIT
It hit me to search for Numenera Halloween Foci, and I found it. It's called All-Hallows-Numenera, and is a pdf on scribd, but it's been set to private. Unless someone has a copy, I don't think I'll be getting it.