PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I ported D-20 to Pathfinder. (Pathfinder Modern)

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jEnR9r2pw

If you run D-20 as a GM or player, let me know. I would like to learn what works for you and what you tried.

Currently the system involves mechanics from the D20Modernpf, that have been adjusted so that they work. Most of my system draws more from the D-20 Modern system then Pathfinder Modern. I generally prefer Pathfinder as it has one stealth skill and one perception skill, rather then three of each.

I have ran three campaigns in it. One with a group of officers breaching a house and looking over clues, one about a group of mercs being hired to search a zombie infested, walled-off, desert to find a religious artifact, and another group of mercs hired to keep the nation outside the walled off one from falling apart.

As soon as I can, I will port the video in and provide links to the D-20 Modern PF

Jack_Simth
2016-03-16, 07:20 PM
Does this message my email if someone responds? I assume no one will, but it would be helpful if that feature existed.It can. If you go to "thread tools" and select "subscribe to this thread", then you can set the "Notification type" to make the forums:
Notify you through your subscriptions panel on your profile (default).
E-mail you immediately whenever someone posts.
E-mail you daily if someone's posted.
E-mail you weekly if someone's posted.

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:24 PM
It can. If you go to "thread tools" and select "subscribe to this thread", then you can set the "Notification type" to make the forums:
Notify you through your subscriptions panel on your profile (default).
E-mail you immediately whenever someone posts.
E-mail you daily if someone's posted.
E-mail you weekly if someone's posted.

Very nice, thank you.

Guess now all I have to do is hunt me down some D-20 GMs and players.

2016-03-16, 07:25 PM
I tried to post a video I did on how I run, the system.... But it won't let me. :(

If you run D-20 as a GM or player, let me know. I would like to learn what works for you and what you tried.

For people interested in learning more or wanting to be a player, my Skype is Tevo77777

Does this message my email if someone responds? I assume no one will, but it would be helpful if that feature existed.

Firstly, I think links and videos require a minimum of 10 posts in order to let you link, or something similar (which was implemented to deter spam bots). Once you've got some posts under your belt, you'll be able to post links. That said, posting a bunch of posts specifically to reach that limit would probably be considered spam as well; I'm sure there's something around here you can comment on.

Secondly, while I don't think there's an email alert for somebody posting in a thread you started, I think there's a way to get email notifications for a thread you're subscribed to.

Thirdly, if you have further questions about how the message board works, there's a sub-forum for that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-Board-Site-Issues). Similarly, there's a sub-forum for recruiting for games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?51-Finding-Players-(Recruitment))as well, including Skype games; if you're interested in getting some players, there's lots of them around here, since getting a DM to stick with a game is difficult for Play-by-Post.

Welcome to the Playground!

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:31 PM
Firstly, I think links and videos require a minimum of 10 posts in order to let you link, or something similar (which was implemented to deter spam bots). Once you've got some posts under your belt, you'll be able to post links. That said, posting a bunch of posts specifically to reach that limit would probably be considered spam as well; I'm sure there's something around here you can comment on.

Secondly, while I don't think there's an email alert for somebody posting in a thread you started, I think there's a way to get email notifications for a thread you're subscribed to.

]a sub-forum for recruiting for games [/URL]as well, including Skype games; if you're interested in getting some players, there's lots of them around here, since getting a DM to stick with a game is difficult for Play-by-Post.

Welcome to the Playground!

Thanks, glad to be here. I'm a huge fan of the comics connected to this site.

How exactly do I adjust the search settings to find D-20? I can't seem to find anything very easily on here.

2016-03-16, 07:35 PM
Thanks, glad to be here. I'm a huge fan of the comics connected to this site.

How exactly do I adjust the search settings to find D-20? I can't seem to find anything very easily on here.

Can't say I use the Search function much, TBH, so that'd be a question for either someone else around here or for the Board Issues section. If you're looking for people who play/DM d20, you could start your own thread on it, and people interested in such a system will flock to it (probably).

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:36 PM
Can't say I use the Search function much, TBH, so that'd be a question for either someone else around here or for the Board Issues section. If you're looking for people who play/DM d20, you could start your own thread on it, and people interested in such a system will flock to it (probably).

You think I could explain my first post to make this thread work for that? Or not?

2016-03-16, 07:38 PM
You think I could explain my first post to make this thread work for that? Or not?

This thread is in a sub-forum for discussing 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder/d20 in general, including worldbuilding, theorycrafting, character building, and many other things...but this is not the sub-forum for recruiting for games, the recruitment sub-forum is. If nothing else, you could treat this thread as your "looking for d20 players" thread, but most of the people looking for d20 games will be looking in the recruitment sub-forum, where people usually post about such things.

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:41 PM
This thread is in a sub-forum for discussing 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder/d20 in general, including worldbuilding, theorycrafting, character building, and many other things...but this is not the sub-forum for recruiting for games, the recruitment sub-forum is. If nothing else, you could treat this thread as your "looking for d20 players" thread, but most of the people looking for d20 games will be looking in the recruitment sub-forum, where people usually post about such things.

Do you think I could attract DMs then? Since they might be here and not on the recruitment thread?

How do I make the 3.5 or Pathfinder symbols appear on the thread name like other threads?

2016-03-16, 07:46 PM
Do you think I could attract DMs then? Since they might be here and not on the recruitment thread?

How do I make the 3.5 or Pathfinder symbols appear on the thread name like other threads?

Any potential DMs will also be looking in the recruitment sub-forum. The point of the sub-forum you're currently in is discussing the game system, not directly playing the game, not even looking to see who's interested in playing the game.

When you start a thread, you can select a "Prefix", from with 3.5, 3.0, and PF are among the options available. You can also do this by editing the first post of the thread.

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:48 PM
Any potential DMs will also be looking in the recruitment sub-forum. The point of the sub-forum you're currently in is discussing the game system, not directly playing the game, not even looking to see who's interested in playing the game.

When you start a thread, you can select a "Prefix", from with 3.5, 3.0, and PF are among the options available. You can also do this by editing the first post of the thread.

I mean like DMs that want to talk about the mechanics and such. Sorry if I wasn't being clear.

2016-03-16, 07:50 PM
I mean like DMs that want to talk about the mechanics and such. Sorry if I wasn't being clear.

Oh, is that it? You'll find no shortage of people around here willing to debate the mechanics.

Tevo77777
2016-03-16, 07:56 PM
Oh, is that it? You'll find no shortage of people around here willing to debate the mechanics.

Sweet, nice avatar.

I'm from Nationstates; where there is huge empires of ponies waging war with each other.

Along with lots and lots of humans trading, fighting, and debating; of course.

Since the Nation States website and forums is full of different nations that are very interesting, I port those settings over into my Pathfinder Modern games.

Example, in one of the settings the players are in a wartorn area outside post-nuclear Korea, which has been walled off with 60 foot walls to keep the zombies in. Inside the walls is lots of radiation, 20 shanty towns, and three megacities with large walls.