PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Demon Hunter Prestige class

DreamingGod05
2016-03-17, 01:15 AM
First off, the link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgcdSiinFamkZeRc4dKn3lSdeDREkQGbpsFKhKeBU1M/edit).

Now, as you'll notice it's not done. That's... intended so far. I want some springboard for the direction I want to take with it. To those who don't know, I took the WoW RPG's Demon Hunter prestige class as the base, and changed it. I see the Demon Hunter being a demonically corrupted, well, monk really. Not as the base class for the prestige class, but in the execution. I see many starting as either rogues/warriors/warlocks.

Now, I want to talk about Fel Essence. I see it as a fusion of a fighter's superiority dice (Demon's Bane gives Banes, Manuever's pretty much) that cost 2 Fel Essence per die. It's also used to cast the class spells (so far Mana Burn, Immolation, and Metamorphosis), acting as a mana substitute. I see a Demon Hunter's startign with 3 Banes, and gaining one every 3 or 4 levels.

Now Warblades. I'm not sure what Warblades should do. In the 3/5 WoW game it made all weapons wielded by the Demon Hunter magical. I'm not sure that would work as well in 5E. Any suggestions?

Artful Dodger is a bonus to AC when you use a Fel Essence to Dodge, or if you have Blur (Evasive Footwork). And Demonic Ascendance changes the Demon Hunter's type to Fiend, and... I'm thinking gives them some bonus stats.

khadgar567
2016-03-17, 01:41 AM
Not a warcraft player but serious illidan supporter so here is my rewiev
Looks good right now

Hypersmith
2017-03-31, 10:09 AM
The link doesn't work

Sariel Vailo
2017-03-31, 05:09 PM
the link ain't their.so uh fix it so I can look and see if I'd use it

DreamingGod05
2017-04-02, 03:45 PM
Sorry! My ex deleted ALL my saved work. It doesn't exist anymore. I do have a new class I've mostly completed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RInyGZLx2J7AfG9IKN0KmA1yFAmEhwkdUifmpIzMqRY/edit?usp=sharing

Hypersmith
2017-04-05, 02:11 AM
thanks man, I like the features, but I feel like there's some parts that don't make much sense. The fel damage type - why not just use a PHB damage like fire? I also feel like the unarmed defense and movement steps on the monks toes, especially since the class already has a bunch of movement options as well as a transformation that lets it fly. It's still cool though, probably going to adapt to to be a prestige class for my campaign, since I like using those.

I'm thinking of using the sigils especially - along the lines of:

Demon hunter - prestige class 1d8 per level

level 1 - unlocks 1 sigil - 3 per short or long rest
level 2 - spectral sight
level 3 - unlocks a second sigil -4 per short rest
level 4- Sworn foe - weapons always count as magic vs demons, and can cast magic weapon on a weapon to give it radiant damage. This costs a sigil
level 5- unlocks a third sigil -5 sigils per short rest

Sigils available:

Brand: As an action, you may force an enemy to make a wisdom saving throw, or they suffer disadvantage when attacking you or anyone within melee range of you. This lasts until the beginning of your next turn.

Silent image: Create an area of silence centered on a single target. If the target is unwilling they must make a wisdom save vs your spell DC.

Chains of faith: Pull one creature 20 feet in a direction of choice etc etc

Something to do damage

some utility

gonna keep going till I have ten

tada