PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion III, Reign of the Zombies (Game in Progress)

Pages : [1] 2

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-20, 01:10 AM
It's time to start killing people in Rebellion III, the Reign of the Zombies!

THE RULES

THE CLASSES AND THE ROLES

There are two classes: Nobility and Peasantry. There are also two alignments: Loyalists and Rebels.

NOBILITY

Emperor – The Emperor cannot be slain at night while any Loyalist Imperial Guardsmen or a Loyalist Captain of the Guard still live. The Emperor’s vote counts thrice. The Emperor cannot be converted.
Heir – The Heir becomes the Emperor upon the Emperor’s demise. The Heir’s vote counts twice. If the Heir succeeds the Emperor, there will be one full day/night cycle between the previous Emperor's death and the coronation of the new Emperor. (If the Emperor is lynched/autolynched, night will pass, and the coronation will happen at the beginning of the next day. If he is killed by Rebels, day will pass and the coronation will happen at the end of the following day phase.)
Royal Investigator – The Royal Investigator has many tools and much training at his disposal and is able to determine a player's class and alignment with a night action.
Captain of the Guard – The Captain of the Guard sends Imperial Guardsment to protect one citizen each night from assassination. From his lofty position, he doesn't actually know the names of the troops he commands. He is difficult to corrupt.
Imperial Guardsmen – The Imperial Guardsmen fight side by side and know each other well. They are difficult to corrupt.
The Court Couple – The subject of much discussion and speculation amongst the upper crust, a pair of Nobles have fallen in love but must keep it a secret. Should one of them die, the other dies as well.
Court Noble

PEASANTRY

The Gossip – The Gossip has tendrils in several circles and can learn a player's alignment and class with a night action.
Drunkard – The Drunkard thinks he is the Gossip, but people have a grand time giving this person faulty information to see how long it takes to figure it out. When scrying, the Drunkard will be given a random class and alignment.
Lovers– The fates of the lovers are intertwined. Should one die, so too the other.
Peasant

REBELS

Rebel Leader – The Rebel Leader picks the Rebel Soldiers and the Rebel Spy. The Rebel Leader appears as a Loyalist Peasant when investigated.
Rebel Spy – The Rebel Spy, trained in the same investigative techniques as the Royal Investigator, but somewhat less restricted in information gathering tools, can determine a player's class and role with a night action.
Rebel Soldier

THE ACTIONS

DAY
The Peasantry, both Loyalist and Rebel, incite a lynch mob each day, choosing to kill one person.

The Nobles, both Loyalist and Rebel, meet in court each day, choosing to execute one person.

All votes are made communally. They are tallied separately.

NIGHT
The Rebel Leader can send his Rebel Soldiers to assassinate one person or to recruit one person to the Rebel Forces.

The Rebel Spy can follow one person to determine that player’s class and role.

The Royal Investigator and the Gossip may each follow one person to determine that player’s alignment and class, but not the player’s role.

The Drunkard can follow one person but, due to his or her drink-addled mind, decides upon a random alignment and class.

The Captain of the Guard protects one person from assassination each night.

ACHIEVING VICTORY

BY CLASS AND ALIGNMENT
The Loyalists win by eliminating all of the Rebels.
The Rebels win by eliminating all Loyalist Nobles or by placing a Rebel Heir on the throne.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS
The Heir wins if his alignment wins and he has succeeded the Emperor.
The Imperial Guardsmen win if their alignment wins and an Emperor or the Rebel Leader is still alive.
The Court Nobles win if their alignment wins and an Emperor is no longer alive.

OTHER NOTES

RECRUITMENT
To recruit someone, the Rebel Leader must send in the name of a person they choose to recruit and a decision of whether or not to attack if refused. I will then send the person who is to be recruited an invitation. Should the person refuse and the Rebels have chosen to attack, there is a 20% chance of the person being slain, a 10% chance of a random rebel being slain, and a 10% chance of a random Rebel being unmasked in the ensuing battle.

If the person is playing a role with the “difficult to corrupt” description, there is a 20% chance of the attempt automatically failing.

If the person is either the Royal Investigator or the Gossip, there is a 10% chance that a random Rebel Soldier will be unmasked.

If the person is a Court Couple or a Lover, and the recruitment is successful, the Rebels must spend the next night recruiting the other. This second recruitment will automatically succeed.

AUTOLYNCHING
Failure to vote three times will result in an automatic death. Note that this is not necessarily three times in a row. This is to encourage participation and prevent every-other-day voting.

CO-NARRATOR
Please include pingcode20 on all narrator communications (night actions, replies to recruitment offers, etc) since he'll be helping me make sure everything stays running smoothly.

Players
Akaziel**
Alarra
Atreyu, the Masked Llambie - Executed by Royal Decree, Day 3, Peasant and Loyalist
Bassetking
Captain van der Decken**
Castaras
Crystall Myr*
CurlyKitGirl*
Eldritch Knight*
evnafets
Fleeing Coward - Executed and Lynched, Day 4, Noble and Loyalist
Helgraf - Lover, died with Llama, Day 3, Peasant and Loyalist
Ink
janusnori*
Khaldan*
Korias*
Krursk*** - Autolynched, Day 3, Peasant and Loyalist
Orzel**
PenguinSushi
PirateMonk - Lynched, Day 3, Emperor
Pwenet* - lynched, Day Two, Noble and Loyalist
Shadow*
Supagoof*
Vonriel**
Xykon Fan
Zar Peter - lynched, Day One, Peasant and Loyalist

* = One vote strike. Three strikes will lead to an autolynch.

Alarra
2007-06-20, 01:25 AM
Count me in.

Helgraf
2007-06-20, 01:41 AM
I got whacked before I could really give this a try last time, so I'll give it another go.

Ink
2007-06-20, 02:06 AM
Ok, I'll play. Though I'll be damned if I can remember whether we're supposed to be hunting zombies or werewolves or aliens or pirates or rats or Klingons or outlaws.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-20, 02:19 AM
Ok, I'll play. Though I'll be damned if I can remember whether we're supposed to be hunting zombies or werewolves or aliens or pirates or rats or Klingons or outlaws.Oddly enough, it's none of those. The zombie name comes from last game ending with a zombie kitten rebel heiress being placed on the throne, though the zombies were neither specifically Rebel or Loyal.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-20, 02:33 AM
Count me in

Joins the bandwagon and points at Shadow

Zar Peter
2007-06-20, 03:03 AM
I'm in, please!

evnafets
2007-06-20, 03:35 AM
Yeah, sign me up again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-20, 06:17 AM
Go LLambie!!!!

I'm in if you'll take me.

ooooh, please note the new rules for autolynching. I like them, by the way.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-20, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I think it was Supagoof that planted the idea in the wrap up for YOW and I liked it, so I'm going with it. Once the game starts (right after the JC meetup) I'll re-emphasize it so that no one's caught off guard.

Also, I now have Rose Tinted World stuck in my head. Thanks, Llama. :smallsmile:

Supagoof
2007-06-20, 08:56 AM
Do I have to bring out the Graklok in lingerie avi?

Oh, and I'm in.

Castaras
2007-06-20, 09:53 AM
Oddly enough, it's none of those. The zombie name comes from last game ending with a zombie kitten rebel heiress being placed on the throne, though the zombies were neither specifically Rebel or Loyal.

Mew! :smallbiggrin:

The translator walks over to Zeb.

Her majesty the mew has said that she will be in.

Meeowww! Mew!

Umm...and that she is hungry and demands to be fed cream and human flesh. :smalleek:

Bassetking
2007-06-20, 10:00 AM
*Trees her majesty, and looks pleased with himself*

I'm in, Zeb!

Shadow
2007-06-20, 12:53 PM
Count me in again.
Should I bring the hopelessly inept Dead undead slayer back?
He did survive last time....
In fact, that was the only game I ever made it to the end.... :smallconfused:

Supagoof
2007-06-20, 01:07 PM
Supagoof points at Shadow.

Let's make it the only one then where you were dead before it began. You'll have both records! :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Castaras
2007-06-20, 01:27 PM
Castaras points at Shadow :smallbiggrin:

Zar Peter
2007-06-20, 01:40 PM
It already began?

Zar Peter points at Shadow

That's what I call a fast game.

Vonriel
2007-06-20, 03:34 PM
I'll join as well.

I point at Shadow. The bugger is just so creepy. I mean, a dead undead slayer? That has rebel written all over it.

Shadow
2007-06-20, 03:49 PM
I am humbled and honored that you all believe me to be such a threat that you'd rather kill me before the game starts than play with me.
But what happens when I turn out to be just a simple commoner?
You've killed a great ally and one of your best hopes of finding the rebels.... :smallwink:

I think Fullbladder said it best in a PM:

Well, it's risky. We could very take him out. With your current record for creating devastating bandwagons, it's almost certain that he'll be lynched.

*snip*

If you have him lynched, I'll support the bandwagon all the way, of course. It's up to you, O Mighty God of the Bandwagon.
Oh, Mighty God of the Bandwagon....
I really need to make room in my sig for that....

PirateMonk
2007-06-20, 04:03 PM
I guess I'm in.

PirateMonk jumps in the bandwagon and points at Shadow.

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-20, 04:38 PM
In. I will destroy you all.

Korias
2007-06-20, 08:56 PM
Heh. I'm in the mood for something like this. Sign me up if your still recruiting.

Vonriel
2007-06-20, 09:11 PM
Yeah, but what happens when the rebels decide to recruit you on night one? Then we have to worry about you all that much more. :smallamused:

Shadow
2007-06-20, 09:35 PM
Yeah, but what happens when the rebels decide to recruit you on night one? Then we have to worry about you all that much more. :smallamused:
Was that directed at me?
No one in their right mind would recruit me in a game like this.
I suck at these!

Zar Peter
2007-06-21, 12:34 AM
How about that: Recruit you, than you're no threat to the rebels, than sacrifice you because you get lynched anyway :smallbiggrin:

Krursk
2007-06-21, 01:08 AM
Count me in again.
Should I bring the hopelessly inept Dead undead slayer back?
He did survive last time....
In fact, that was the only game I ever made it to the end.... :smallconfused:

Wait, you're an undead slayer and the emperor/empress/whatever is undead. That makes you a regicidist. Krursk pre-points at Shadow

Crystall_Myr
2007-06-21, 01:31 AM
Why not? Count me in.

Crystall_Myr jumps off the bandwagon and points at himself.

Shadow
2007-06-21, 02:39 AM
AHA!!!

Take that unanimoty!

(I know. That's not a word....)

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-21, 11:52 AM
In .

Shadow
2007-06-22, 05:42 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hoppysmurf/forshadow1.gif
The useless undead slayer BUMPs into Van der Decken on his walk to the bakery to get one of the Empress' wonderful pies.

"Hey, watch where you're going, pal. Wait.... I remember you. You're the armorsmith, aren't you?
Hey, do you want to come with me to Cassie's to get some--
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/zombieguy1.gif
--BRAAAIIIINS!!"
The zombiefied undead slayer latches onto Van der Decken's head and begins to feast on the poor chap's hair.
he's not quite bright enough to figure out that there's a skull in the way.

Orzel
2007-06-22, 08:44 PM
In!!

Me and Zoon are in.

*pets Zoon the talking axe*

EDIT: I'll be in away for a few days.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-28, 05:32 AM
Could use a few more people for this. My intention is to start it off early next week (per the schedule) if we can get about ten more to sign up.

Khaldan
2007-06-28, 12:21 PM
im in.. me wants to be a rebel!

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-28, 05:15 PM
I'll join another WW type game...groan...I'm going to be on here a little sporadically for a while, but I'll remain faithful. Just don't take me being less vocal than usual as a sign that I'm a WW!

*Runs screaming down length of thread* They're gonna lynch me for sure! Aaaaaah! (I happen to know I'm already a rebel :smalltongue: )

Akaziel
2007-07-01, 04:18 AM
I just HOPE people won't start pointing at me because of my avatar, like in Revolution MkII...

I'm in, though.

pingcode20
2007-07-01, 04:32 AM
Ooh, so we're going to get this off the ground soon? That's good.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-01, 11:46 PM
I'm going to give this a few more days and see if we can get 8-10 more people. Have no fears, I haven't forgotten.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-02, 04:25 PM
Ok, man. You're looking for some more people and I've been told (by several people) I should try playing one of these. You can count me in. I pick things up pretty quickly, but know I'm a novice here.

edit: @V and VV: verily, I say foo upon thou!

~PS

Shadow
2007-07-03, 01:24 AM
*Shadow points at Penguinsushi

Zar Peter
2007-07-03, 05:13 AM
Ssssht! We don't kill newbies on the first day! Except me in Pirates I! And Bookboy in Pirates III. OK, sometimes we kill newbies on the first day.

Zar Peter points at Penguinsushi!

Krursk
2007-07-03, 08:35 PM
Ssssht! We don't kill newbies on the first day! Except me in Pirates I! And Bookboy in Pirates III. OK, sometimes we kill newbies on the first day.

Zar Peter points at Penguinsushi!

But only in pirates.

Oh, I'm in

Pwenet
2007-07-03, 10:53 PM
I'll give this a shot.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-03, 11:08 PM
Krursk - I already had you on my list.

Pwenet - added.

Due to the holiday this week I'll probably start this on Monday. Wouldn't hurt to have a couple more people if someone is waffling.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-04, 08:50 AM
Count me in then. Could be fun.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-06, 04:36 AM
There is still time to sign up, but this game will be starting on Monday. I will send out the PM to the Alpha as soon as I close registration late Sunday night. The rest of the PM's will go out as soon as the Alpha has given me the picks.

pingcode20
2007-07-06, 04:38 AM
I'll just take this opportunity to remind everyone I'm the co-narrator, and that copies of narrator PMs should be sent to me.

With Revolution II I didn't receive any of the PMs, so I pretty much had to wait for JX to come online to forward it, rendering my purpose as Co-Narrator pointless.

janusnori
2007-07-08, 07:38 PM
Whew, made it in just under the wire!

I'm in since you said it closed late sunday night

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-08, 11:15 PM
Recruiting is officially closed. Janusnori, you made the cut.

The PM to the Rebel Leader has been sent. Once pingcode20 and I get the response, the rest of the roles will be assigned and the game will begin.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-09, 02:24 AM
Many decades have passed since the ascension of the zombie kitten to the throne of your fair land. Those years passed with much peace and prosperity. A zombie kitten can't unlive forever, though, and recently her undeath ended. Unfortunately, a zombie kitten can't produce an heir either and it was unclear who the successor should be. Being somewhat accustomed to peace by now, the prevailing forces agreed that the Empress's royal advisor would be the best person to carry on her vision.

Well, that didn't work out as well as everyone had hoped. There is an underground faction who believes that the successor doesn't share the benevolence and wisdom of Her Royal Purrrriness. This faction is trying to start a grass roots campaign to oust the new ruler. It has also come to their attention that there is a legitimate blood heir to the throne, Castaras's third cousin twice removed. This would at least make them related, which is more than the sitting ruler can claim. The only problem is that they don't know who it is to show them their evidence. It seems this heir doesn't like land, he just wants to sing, and so hasn't come forward to claim his due.

Agents of the Empire, Zeb The Troll and pingcode20, were set to the task of finding out who is behind this rebellion. Unfortunately, they were both rookies and not very good at being discrete. They were found in an alleyway, murdered with the very sunglasses they were trying to hide behind.

Zeb The Troll and pingcode20, narrators, were killed by rebels.

Day One begins and will end at 5 a.m. Wednesday morning, Eastern Daylight Time.

Let the pointing begin.

EDIT: If you have not received a PM from me, let me and pingcode20 know immediately, if not sooner.

Supagoof
2007-07-09, 08:39 AM
A mime begins walking down the street. He waves at a few kids who run by. While starting to walk forward again he bumps into something. He feels around, but can't find anything, yet something is blocking his path. He turns to head around it, and yet again finds something in his path. He turns again to head back the way he came, and again he finds himself trapped. To the onlookers on the street, it seems like he's a very good mime pretending the glass wall is there, when in truth he can't figure out why he can't move. He begins to beat up whatever force is holding him back, but no noise is heard. He desperately tries to get the attention of anyone going by, but no one helps. They all think it's part of his act. A few of them even toss some coins in his direction, but the coins fall short of his reach. After a few minutes of frustration, he gives up and sits down.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 09:52 AM
XF walks down the street. He wears a patchwork t-shirt made out of pieces of other bits of clothing and sackcloth. He wears no pants, but the shirt itself is far longer than most, and so it serves almost as a robe. He carries a walking stick and taps it ahead of him. He wears a blindfold made of black cloth, and seems to be blind.

His cane reaches the point where it would hit the wall, and I'll let Supagoof describe how the cane and XF react since I'd rather not Godmod his wall. It's so well done as is! (Permission to godmod to an extent given to Supagoof...and yes, I realize that technically there's nothing against it outside the town, but it's a good rule so I try to use it all the time.)

Castaras
2007-07-09, 09:54 AM
An animated ipod floats down the street. It waves to CurlyKitCat.

Mornin'.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-09, 10:14 AM
PS waddles up the street. He seems to be looking for something and sqeaking to himself when he notices the iPod floating up the street.

He stops and stares in awe - eyes wide, beak agape - his left flipper unconsciously stroking his armband...

Castaras
2007-07-09, 10:21 AM
The ipod turns to Penguinsushi, and gasps.

It's a penguin attack!
They were born of atomic steel,
Life and death to them was so unreal
Stumbling from the ice age!

It floats as fast as it can away.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-09, 10:50 AM
PS is crestfallen.

He sighs and then looks around - finally noticing the mime and the blind man. Looking at the XF's blindfold, he tilts his head to the side, squints and stares for a moment, then shakes his head in exasperation.

After a brief pause, he begins looking around for any others who might happen along...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-09, 11:33 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/birthdayllama2.gif
*A llama sporting a nice black cloth mask and a large bundle of balloons gripped in his mouth wanders the streets. The balloons are well made and include saying like "Support the Emperor" and "Down with the Rebellion." On the llama's back is a sandwich board that says "Avoid Suspicion. Buy a balloon." *

(I'm giving Inky a day to post before I start pointing at him.)

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 11:44 AM
XF, despite being blind, goes over and buys a balloon in order to avoid suspicion. ((Doesn't trying to avoid suspicion actually make you somewhat suspicious?))

XF points at...PenguinSushi

((Don't worry dude, people don't kill new people except in pirates, but I need to point at someone or I'll get lynched. The second someone else points at you I'll withdraw it.))

Helgraf
2007-07-09, 12:10 PM
Murrrr ....

*shuffle shuffle shuffle*

*bends over to pick up a finger that fell off*

Murrrr.....

Khaldan
2007-07-09, 12:13 PM
(its true, hes nearly been lynched becausee he forgot to suscribe to a thread)

a floating skull goes down the street, and see the ipod. you.. TRAITOR! he screams, as he believes that it was his ipod in his earlier life and had killed him.

and *point at castaras*

((V how did i screw up this time? it makes sense to me at least..))

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 12:21 PM
((Pssst...Khaldan, wrong thread...you're looking for Revolution III. Save the techno-geek, save the world!))

Supagoof
2007-07-09, 12:26 PM
The mime just raises his foot as the cane comes swinging by. He notices the cane passes right through whatever is holding him in place. He continues to pound on the glass and try to get the blind's man attention, but turns crestfallen as the blind man turns to a llama carrying balloons.

The mime raises his arms and waves them frantically at the llama when he feels an invisible rope hanging down. He tugs on the rope but it doesn't budge. He tries to jump on it to climb up out of the area holding him in place, but there appears to be a ceiling keeping him close to the ground. The kids around laugh at his antics. To them it appears as a great acting job.

((Thanks XF for not god-modding and to others who have PM'd me about it. Feel free in interact with him. :smallamused: ))

Alarra
2007-07-09, 12:27 PM
A small figure curls in a doorway under a tattered blanket, looking asleep, but rather, watching through slitted eyes and listening intently to the rumors of politics swirling around her. The llama trotting by almost causes her to crack a smile, but she doesn't, because she is supposed to be asleep.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-09, 12:32 PM
((Why would others have PMed you about me letting you godmod for a bit? Feel free to interact with the mime you mean? Sure thing...I just didn't want to waste a bunch of time posting my actions after I checked how the cane would interact with the wall...pure selfishness motivated my actions. :smalltongue: ))

XF randomly selects a balloon, thereby ensuring he gets the most embarrassing and emasculating color possible...bright, hot pink. He pays Llama with Silver dollars, mistaking them for quarters, thereby ensuring Llama is payed 4x the normal amount. As he walks away, he passes through the mime's walled off area, going directly through the center if possible.

Ink
2007-07-09, 12:36 PM
A garbageman stops his truck by the side of the road and noisily empties the contents of a trash can into the back of his truck. He laughs when he sees the antics of the bewildered mime and watches in amusement as the blind man approaches the invisible cage.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-09, 12:50 PM
PS notices the llama and seems surprised for a just a moment, but a look of sullen realization quickly sets into his face. He checks his pockets for loose change, but quickly realizes he has no pockets, let alone loose change.

The penguin doesn't seem to notice the small figure in the doorway. He begins waddling a bit further up the street watching the blind man and the mime, but occasionally glancing back toward the llama. There's something not quite right about that quadruped...

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-09, 12:58 PM
A thin, robed man with a ragged beard leans out of a second floor window, sniggering at the mime's plight. Glancing around to see no-one is looking, he waves his hands and mutters some horribly mutilated words of latin. The invisible box shrinks by a fair amount.

Supagoof
2007-07-09, 02:28 PM
The mime feels the ceiling drop down closer on him, forcing him to kneel. He tries to sit down, but finds he doesn't have anough space do such, so he's left standing with knees bent. He sees the blind man coming straight at him. He screams, but no sound is heard. The kids all gigle with delight - they have never seen a mime this good or make the invisible box look so real!

Khaldan
2007-07-09, 02:34 PM
huh, a mime, The skull mutters to itself. The skull goes to find a 2 foot long branch on the ground, which it picks up and proceeds to test if there is wall in front of the mime.

Orzel
2007-07-09, 04:57 PM
I got Hats. Shades, Gloves. 2 for 10. 3 for 20.

The merchant whispered from his table on the street. He focuses his attention on the skull and the mime. His left eyebrow raise displaying his puzzled face.

You want a hat. I have great hats.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-09, 06:16 PM
Sushi* for sale. Buy one get one free** for today only!

The elvish sushi salesman peers out of his store looking for potential customers to try his latest delicacy.
Seeing PenguinSushi wandering by, he calls out to the odd creature.

My friend, would you perhaps be interested in some "work"?

Hiding his knife behind him, he waits to see if the penguin will take the bait.

*Sushi may not contain any fish, rice or other edible materials. This store shall not be responsible for any death that will result from consuming this product.
**Free Sushi must be of equal or less value of original purchase. By consuming free sushi, you are agreeing to enter a contract for the transfer of the deed to your house at no extra charge upon your death.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-09, 06:28 PM
Hmmm, All seems peaceful. How long will it last, I wonder?

Penguinsushi
2007-07-09, 10:09 PM
Upon hearing a strange man addressing him, PS turns to see the sushi salesman and ponders his strange offer for a moment.

No thanks he finally replies, I'm not very hungry and you don't seem to have any fresh krill...

With that, he turns toward Orzel and asks

Excuse me, sir - I don't suppose you have any second-hand headbands in that lot? You see, I seem to have lost mine. Or rather, it was stolen - I believe by an undead musician of sorts. Perhaps you have seen him?

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-09, 10:23 PM
A large red eyeball floats down the streets aimlessly, stopping to buy a balloon (holding on to it with telekinetic powers), and generally enjoying the nice day.

Pwenet
2007-07-09, 10:56 PM
A man wanders around, buying a balloon as well and enjoying the nice weather.

Akaziel
2007-07-09, 11:17 PM
Akaziel quietly dons his black hat and buys a balloon.

Shadow
2007-07-10, 01:23 AM
I just got home from a long day at work.
I haven't had time to read throgh all of this just yet.
I have no idea what's going on.
I'll point at Akaziel for now, because he posted right before me.

I'll check up on this and read what the heck's going on tomorrow....

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-10, 04:12 AM
A small cat is seen wandering down the street. She is about 8" high and is a creamy brown with black, ginger and white markings. Curly looks around the street and isn't surprised to see so many odd things. However she is startled to see a mime trapped in an invisible cage. She walks over to the cage and is seen batting at the invisible wall. Her paw does not go through the wall, showing that something odd appears to be happening. "Now, I'm tempted to buy a balloon, but I have no money; or hands for that matter." She sees a figure seemingly asleep in a doorway and trots over to her. "Kid, you've got the right idea, I'll take a nap to." She curls up next to the kid and falls asleep quicky, dreaming about sushi.

Zar Peter
2007-07-10, 04:51 AM
Zar Peter walks by and sees the cat and the kid lying in the doorway!

What a nice little cat! he thinks, maybe it wants some squid bones for lunch!
You

Zar Peter points at Helgraf

Could you please be so kind telling me where I can find the next squid bones shop?

Supagoof
2007-07-10, 08:30 AM
The mime attempts avoid being poked at with a stick, but his movement is so limited that he just ends up getting hit with it. He holds his hands out to signal "please don't hit me" but the barrier that has been preventing him from movement makes the motion just seem like an awkward "what do you got tough guy" gesture to the skull.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-10, 09:33 AM
The wizard chuckles. Waving his hands, and reciting some more bad Latin, the box expands to it's original size.

It then, very slowly, starts to move down the street.

Supagoof
2007-07-10, 09:56 AM
The mime feels the area above his hands grown. He begins to wave them frantically once again, when a force begins to push him backwards. As he finds that the barrier is moving towards him on one side, he feels for the other side and finds it moving away. He begins to push on the side moving towards him and an attempt to stop it. He can't and his feet slide backwards on the ground. The children cheer jubiliently at what appears to be a very well done "moonwalk". The mime turns around and begins pushing with his back, but to no avail. He is moving slowly down the street.

((For those who aren't familier with 80s american culture - go to youtube.com and look up micheal jackson moonwalk.))

Alarra
2007-07-10, 09:59 AM
A small wrinkled hand darts out of the blanket and starts to pet the cat. And by 'pet' we mean kneed roughly, periodically pulling and picking at its fur.

She glares through slitted eyes at Zar Peter and *points a gnarled finger in his direction, almost giving the appearance of casting a curse on him. She beckons to him with a raspy voice. "You boy....come here. First...I am not a 'kid' and second...squid do not have bones."

She then waves him away again before returning her attention back to the cat. "Oh...and Mr. Peter", how she knows his name is likely a mystery to them both. "Be wary of wheat." She waves him away again.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-10, 10:16 AM
Red in the face, the wizard bursts out laughing. He then swallows a small piece of string, and waves his hands once more. An (invisible) ladder slides down from the ceiling of the box.

He turns around suddenly, screaming "Don't touch that!"

A loud thump comes from the window, along with a large flock of doves. The wizard groans, and turns his attention back to the mime.

(@V Umm, the 'turns around suddenly' meant to show he was shouting at someone else inside the house. Sorry if it wasn't clear enough.)

Penguinsushi
2007-07-10, 11:16 AM
The penguin is startled by the sudden (though not loud) sound of the raspy voice as he was walking by, which came from a figure he'd previously failed to notice. He jumps back from it slightly and turns turns to look at whoever the figure was calling to, seeing Zar.

After a moment's pause, he turns to continue walking up the street when he is startled again by the screaming wizard and whirls around and looks up to see what's causing all the commotion.

Wha-? Who-? Hu-?

PS sees the wizard in the window and the small flock of doves frantically flying out. Something must be going on. He decides to head across the street to get a better look. On his way, he notices (with some curiosity) the mime again, now moving down the street. Odd...

(edit: @^ yeah, your post was fine - i just misread it the first time and was in the midst of changing it. (i tend to edit my posts a lot after double-checking) Thanks for the heads-up though. :smallsmile: )

Castaras
2007-07-10, 11:41 AM
The animated Ipod watches the action in the streets.

They say she comes on a pale horse
But I'm sure I hear a train...

It shakes itself for a second, changing tracks.

There was once a harvest in this land
Reap from the turquoise sky, harlequin, harlequin

Helgraf
2007-07-10, 11:48 AM
Helgraf considers the question of squid bones.

"Uuuungh."

"Uunngggh."

He raises an arm to *point at Zar Peter* or maybe it's at the market district behind him. Hard to say.

Supagoof
2007-07-10, 02:27 PM
The mime notices the barrier has stopped moving (at least I assume it did) so he dusts his hands off thinking that for once something worked. He turns around to look about and trips over something. He begins feeling about the area....two sides like a board....space in center...no top of space....feeling over it....seems like a handle, continuing to feel upward.....another handle....and another...feels like a ladder. The mime grabs on a run and places a foot on another once, and he begins to climb up. He goes up a few feet and looks around, before noticing he hasn't gone anywhere. He takes a few more steps, and sees that he drifts back to the ground with every step. Frustrated, he grabs the edges of the ladder and shakes it angrily. He tries again, goes no where. Finally he grabs it again and throws it aside in total frustration.

The children keep on clapping and laughing at this. Again believing it's all part of the act....

Penguinsushi
2007-07-10, 02:43 PM
PS, who'd been watching the mime, decides something is a bit abnormal about this particular performer. He waddles a little closer, squinting. Sure is a convincing actor. If I knew no better, I would swear his anger genuine.

He looks around again, back to the wizard in the window and then to the strange llama and his balloons, his brows furrowing. Something. Not. Right. he thinks again. The penguin takes note of the great many townsfolk wandering about the street, clutching the strings of the quadruped's balloons. And I don't like those balloons...

evnafets
2007-07-10, 04:02 PM
With a clatter of wheels on cobblestones, a large black carriage pulls up on a nearby corner. A tall spindly figure steps out, dressed in cassock and dog collar, with a heavy silver crucifix hanging around his neck. His eyes survey the area stopping briefly on the mime, the eyeball, the creature selling balloons. He glares disapprovingly at the blanketed figure in the doorway. Muttering under his breath about evil abounding everywhere, he retrieves a case from the interior of the carriage and stalks off down the street.

Alarra
2007-07-10, 04:21 PM
The figure glares from her shady nook, Look at me like you're better than me, will you. We'll see if that crucifix protects you when the time comes...and it's near, oh yes it is... Her hands involuntarily tighten in the cat's fur until it yowls, or jumps away or whatever it would do if something dug sharp nails into its back.

PirateMonk
2007-07-10, 04:25 PM
A young man, dressed entirely in gray, walks down the street.

*Emergency point at Alarra*

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-10, 08:02 PM
((Just a reminder that you have about 8 hours left to get your votes in.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-10, 08:05 PM
Eldritch Knight looks at the mime, and mumbles: Powerword: Polka

He then turns to Krursk Sir, I point at you.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-10, 08:07 PM
The Floating eyeball stops, and glares at Captain van der Decken.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-10, 08:23 PM
The Sushi salesman having sold his stock of sushi for the day decides to close shop and wanders the streets in search for the the penguinsushi that was almost within his grasp early in the day.

Bassetking
2007-07-10, 08:24 PM
*Points at Zar Peter*

Korias
2007-07-10, 09:38 PM
Korias, sitting in a nearby tree, watches as the others argue and bicker. Alas, It seems that those little buggers are getting at it again. He brushes some of the curly brown hair from his eyes, before jumping from his perch. Unfortunately, his belt gets caught on a branch and he ends up hanging upside down. With his shirt over his head, he begins flailing, inevitably inevitably pointing at Zar Peter. A loud, muffled voice can be heard from the upside down townsperson.

janusnori
2007-07-10, 10:11 PM
Surveying the chaos, JanusNori realizes that with so many suspects flying around that it probably isn't any of the day's major candidates.

*points at Eldritch Knight* Sir, as a knight of the realm perhaps you might know something about who the rebels are.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-10, 10:26 PM
PS is just about to approach the mime's box when he catches sight of the man with the sushi knife moving through the street in his vague direction. *sigh* Every freakin' time.... He quickly ducks into a nearby alleyway, fleeing from Fleeing Coward.

He waddles through the backways with surprising agility, and enters a somewhat abandoned-looking building through a broken back door. Climbing to a higher floor, he approaches a window overlooking the scene on the street below. Mostly concealed by the shadows of the dark room, he peers out. Suspicious characters, the lot of them. He looks down at the sushi seller searching the streets. I'd not like to point flippers prematurely, but that Fleeing Coward has raised my ire.

The penguin then turns his gaze once more upon the balloon-selling pack animal. Perhaps the llama has escaped my attentions for the time being...

evnafets
2007-07-10, 10:35 PM
The cleric stalks through the town muttering under his breath about abomination. "Entertainers, capitalist salesmen, beggars on the street - this town is revelling in sin. But nothing exemplifies the evils of this town more than that seemingly innocent adorable cat."

evnafets points at CurlyKitGirl

Ink
2007-07-11, 12:54 AM
The garbageman leans out of the window of his truck and yells at Fleeing Coward.

"Hey you! Get out of the way, I'm trying to work here!"

Zar Peter
2007-07-11, 12:58 AM
What dimension is this? Mimes, balloons, no squid bones and so much people pointing at me? I think I have to go back to my time-machine and try to find a nicer place!

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-11, 04:16 AM
The Nobles all send their proxies to court to submit their nominations for the execution of a suspected rebel. Unforunately, none of them could agree on anything and so, at the appointed execution time, the guillotine was empty and was only operated for maintenance purposes.

The Peasants, gathering to lynch someone, weren't doing any better until a diminutive man claiming to have a time machine wandered in and was tackled by the bare minimum necessary to hold him down long enough to tie a rope (oddly made entirely of wheat fibers) around his neck. As the lever was thrown, he yelled out something about the existence of squid bones, but no one heard over the roar of the bloodthirsty crowd. A search of his body revealed nothing but the clothes he wore.

Summary: The Nobles failed to reach a consensus and did not execute anyone. The Peasants barely got enough votes together to lynch Zar Peter. He was a Loyalist and a Peasant.

Night 1 begins and will end Thursday at 5am Eastern Daylight Time. Don't forget to include pingcode20 on your correspondence.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-11, 09:15 AM
With a laugh, the wizard snaps his fingers, dismissing the box and freeing the mime.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-11, 01:41 PM
Curly yowls in annoyance and tries to scratch the person 'petting' her. She then runs off down the street; in fact she runs straight into the mysterious figure with a crucifix. She proceeds to climb up his back before leaping off the top of his head. She lands on the street and runs behind the fish stall. Discovering all the fish on the floor she eats and eats and eats. After watching the lynching of Zar Peter she curls up and goes to sleep. Purring loudly.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-11, 02:41 PM
When the coast seems clear of all knife-wielding sushi-men, PS slowly climbs back down from his perch and returns the street as the last of the daylight is fading away from the approaching night. I see the uncontrollable mob has lynched yet another innocent, he thinks with a grimace. At least the streets have quieted down a bit now...

He looks around for the mime he saw earlier, but can no longer find him on the street. Perhaps the penguin's short stature is preventing a clear view. Keeping to the alleyways and largely out of sight, he waddles his way back up the street toward the few villagers remaining beneath the night sky.

Alarra
2007-07-11, 02:57 PM
(aww, come on...you couldn't have thrown some wheat into that death scene? :smalltongue: )

The figure in the doorway chuckles slightly, thinking that Mr. Peter should have heeded her warnings. She turns again with a sigh, and falls asleep beneath her blankets.

Pwenet
2007-07-11, 04:19 PM
The man shrugs after the incident and makes his way to his home for a good nights sleep.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-11, 04:49 PM
(aww, come on...you couldn't have thrown some wheat into that death scene? :smalltongue: )But I did! :smallcool:

PirateMonk
2007-07-11, 06:25 PM
The man turns for home.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-11, 07:49 PM
The sushi saleman, frustrated at not been able to find the elusive penguin, decides to head home.
Seeing the wizard releasing the mime on his way home, he makes a mental note to seek out the wizard tomorrow morning to help him with his newest plan to introduce a new form of sushi on his menu.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-11, 08:56 PM
The eyeball floats back to god-knows-wherever its home is.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-12, 02:32 AM
All is quiet. The penguin takes one last look around before heading in for the night...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-12, 07:42 AM
Happily the llama heads home, having sold many balloons. He hopes the cruel man he works for won't beat him with a rolled up newspaper when he sees the great sales the llama had today.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-12, 08:18 AM
As the night passes and people re-emerge from their shelters to see what foulness transpired in the night, everyone is a little surprised to see that all heads are accounted for and are attached to the proper bodies and fully functional.

Summary: Night ends and no one was killed by the Rebels.

Day begins and will end at 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning, EDT.

PirateMonk
2007-07-12, 09:48 AM
The man walks through the streets again, hoping to actually do something today.

Castaras
2007-07-12, 10:04 AM
The animated ipod floats down another street.

People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb the sound of silence.

It turns to point at Piratemonk.

You better run, run away
What are you gonna do when the fingers point at you?

Shadow
2007-07-12, 10:04 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/TheStoneyOne/finished_works/forshadow1.gif
Waking up after a good night's sleep, the half-undead undead slayer finds hmself hungry and heads down to the common room to get some breakfast.
After grabbing a nice big bowl of scrambled eggs, he spots a squirell running past the window and promptly grabs it.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/zombieguy1.gif
Adding it's brains to the scrambled eggs (old habits die hard), he thinks to himself, I miss the empress....

Vonriel
2007-07-12, 11:00 AM
A portal is opened up in the middle of town, and an armored man in full battle gear is thrown through. And back at you, you bleeding ingrates! What, can't actually take down the man who has led four successful campaigns against ya? Mightiest army in the world my ass! He makes a rather rude gesture just as the portal closes, then turns around to take stock of where he is. Idiots, they let me live. They'll come to regret that. Now, to find out where in the nine hells I've been sent. He wanders off to find a tavern to gather what little information he can about where he's been sent.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-12, 11:00 AM
The penguin crawls forth from his igloo - a little late and still a bit groggy, having had a fairly late night. He waddles out into the town and takes a look around as he stretches his flippers. Seems to have been an unusually peaceful night. I'm not sure that's a good sign...

PS surveys the streets, noticing few of the villagers are out and about as yet. He smiles slightly, and waddles back into his igloo - emerging a moment later with a blue popsicle. Proceeding to a bench at the edge of the park overlooking the main street, he sits down to enjoy his morning confection.

He is just beginning to do so when the peacefulness of the morning is interrupted by the sudden opening of the portal and the shouting warrior that had been tossed through it.

Well, that didn't last long...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-12, 11:16 AM
Curly awakes with an almighty stomach-ache, after licking herself clean she heads off in search of the man who kindly allowed her to eat so much food. Seeing Fleeing Coward she follows him slowly; however she becomes distracted by a man-thing running out of a portal. She sits down and watches. "Funny creature."

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 11:56 AM
The blind man continues to walk down the street. (Was he walking all night? Oh my...) He also appears to have a techno-belt on, until he realizes it's there and it disappears.

He calls out loudly, unsure if anyone is nearby.

Was anyone killed? Does anyone know who might be a rebel?

Alarra
2007-07-12, 12:06 PM
The woman sits up beneath her blankets as the portal opens. She shuffles around in a plastic bag, taking out a red ball, 3 dimes and 2 marshmallows. After rearranging them a few times on the sidewalk in front of her, she glares at the warrior. Just as I thought.

She scoops up most of the items, leaving only the red ball, which she pushes lightly. It rolls easily over the pavement, to come to rest at the penguin's feet. "I've a portent for you," she calls, "if you care to hear it." She then shuffles herself and her things aside, so there's room for another to come sit should the penguin desire to learn his fortune.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-12, 12:43 PM
Though he'd been trying to block out the growing activity on the street (at least until his popsicle is finished), he looks up to see a red ball rolling up to him. He crunches the last bit of his blue raspberry popsicle, shoves the popsicle stick into his armband and then slides off the bench as the ball approaches, catching it with his left foot.

He then flips it up to his left flipper as he hears the raspy words of the inconspicuous figure in the doorway. The words seemed too quiet to have carried all the way from the doorway through the commotion in the street - it seemed almost as if the ball she had sent helped to carry them.

PS narrows his eyes a bit, unsure of what to make of this some what strange old woman. He hesitates for a moment, but then slowly waddles across the street to sit beside her in the space she had made for him. He doesn't face her directly, but instead keeps his eyes on the activity in the street as he begins to converse.

Alarra
2007-07-12, 01:21 PM
The woman looks furtively this way and that, as if she's trying to be very certain that no one is listening in. "The stick first." She holds out her hand expectantly.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-12, 01:44 PM
PS gives the woman a confused look for a moment, wondering what sort of cryptic metaphor this could be - and then he suddenly realizes what she's referring to. He reaches up and pulls the popsicle stick out of his armband.

But...I was saving this..., he thinks. He looks at the blue-stained, flat, round-ended, wooden stick for a moment, seeming to ponder something. You'd be surprised how difficult popsicle sticks are to come by around here. And my model still needs 7 more... ...this had better be good.

Without a word, he reluctantly hands the stick to the old woman.

Alarra
2007-07-12, 02:43 PM
She takes the stick, places it on the ground and arranges piles of rocks around it. "Hmm...." She takes three rocks from the far right and moves them to the left. "Yes...." After several other rearrangements, she looks up and points at PirateMonk (but doesn't actually point at PirateMonk) as he walks by.

"Yes....that man there...YOU RIGHT THERE! she suddenly screams at him. is the cause of your worry. No matter how many times he throws himself at you, you musn't give in. It will only end in despair."

She moves the rocks again. "Your diet needs more fruit."

Then, sensing somehow that there's little else the rocks will tell her, she picks them all back up and puts them in her grocery bag. The stick, she places in her mouth. Then, rummaging again, she pulls out a length of orange string. "Take this and be careful."

Penguinsushi
2007-07-12, 05:15 PM
PS takes the string. Well, THIS certainly isn't going to work in my model... He looks back and frowns at his popsicle stick as it's chewed on by the old woman.

He looks over to PirateMonk, and then back at the woman. I think her age is getting to her. Either that, or she's just looking to cause trouble. He looks back out onto the street. There's nothing any more suspicious about that man than any of the others around here...

The penguin gives the woman a pseudo-genuine smile and nod as he gets up from his seat on the mat. Yeah, if she had a rocker, i think she'd be off it. He then waddles off to find a fruit stand.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 05:20 PM
XF walks down the street, accidentally bumping into BassetKing.

Sorry, but so far, you haven't been very active. You have jumped on a bandwagon or two for no reason at all, and you only joined them after some others were going to. All these things make you suspicious.

evnafets
2007-07-12, 05:24 PM
The cleric has risen with the dawn, but spent the first part of the morning repairing the holes in his cassock caused by the claws of the cat as it climbed up his back yesterday. "Indeed that creature must be possessed by demons - it sensed my thoughts and retaliated. So much corruption - my work to rid this place of evil will be long indeed." Donning his clothing, he steps out into the late morning sunshine.

Passing by the square he sees the beggar woman on the same step as yesterday, and favours her with another frosty glare.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-12, 06:04 PM
*The llama trots out into the street with his mouth filled with balloon strings yet again. He has the usual "Happy Birthday" and "Get well soon" and "Sorry I simu'ed you." He also has the recent additions as well as a new "Recruit me!" balloon. He's quite happy because his owner was happy yesterday and didn't beat him.*

He goes meandering, looking for someone to buy his balloons and maybe he won't be smacked tonight, either.

(hmmm.....thoughts? We can assume that the rebels are peasants, right? We know that a few peasants pointed at Zar Peter, so should we point at those who pointed at Zar Peter? Probably not a good basis for lynching, but do we have better at this time?)

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 06:25 PM
XF unerringly points to a "Sorry I simu'ed you" balloon despite being slightly visually impaired. He asks for five of them.

(Well, that's kinda what I figured. Typically villagers start pointing first, and klingons rebels (I play in too many of these) point around the fourth time or so trying to make it look like they're just following the crowd. They only do it once they are sure it will gain momentum.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-12, 06:42 PM
(That has been a commonly used tactic in the past, but one should ask if the rebels have shifted their playing style to compensate for it.)

*The llama happily gives over the balloons. He hums joyously. Surely, he will be spared tonight.*

(and I'm gonna go home and get offline. Farewell Playground)

Bassetking
2007-07-12, 07:11 PM
XF walks down the street, accidentally bumping into BassetKing.

Sorry, but so far, you haven't been very active. You have jumped on a bandwagon or two for no reason at all, and you only joined them after some others were going to. All these things make you suspicious.

Tide'ate S. Basset Looks down the length of his nose at the young man who has just accosted him...

"In the kindest words possible, my dear gutter-trash, get stuffed, and walk away. Just because there are those of us who care to work for a living, rather than live off of bread-crusts and handouts, all the while still hoping that our "Band" will get out of our grandmother's basement..."

*He sniffs, turns up the corner of a lip, and hands Xykon_fan Five dollars.*

"One dollar of that is for a hot meal. The other four are for Soap."

*Turning sharply, he rolls his eyes, and shrugs at Pwenet*

((OOC: Yes, he's a Jerk. No, this is not an OOC attack on XF. Much Love, man.))

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 07:37 PM
@^: Basset - No worries man. I was actually laughing when I read that. I like that 5 dollars bit. I'd love to use it some time in a D&D game if I have a snobbish person if you don't mind.

evnafets
2007-07-12, 07:51 PM
The cleric walks up to Tide'ate S. Basset.

"Sir, I could not help overhearing your conversation with that man. May I congratulate on your charitable nature. It is a delight to find someone of virtue in this village where corruption seems to abound everywhere." (he glances sideways at the beggar woman in her blanket).

Pwenet
2007-07-12, 08:07 PM
Enjoying the weather, Pwenet is looked at funnily by Bassetking, so he glares at Bassetking and makes a obscene gesture before smiling and waving.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 08:17 PM
The cleric walks up to Tide'ate S. Basset.

"Sir, I could not help overhearing your conversation with that man. May I congratulate on your charitable nature. It is a delight to find someone of virtue in this village where corruption seems to abound everywhere." (he glances sideways at the beggar woman in her blanket).

Ummm...I think I was actually the target of Tide'ate S. Basset's scathing commentary. See, I'm blind and I'm not wearing the best clothes. It's hard for blind people to color coordinate, eh? (Much apologies to any blind people reading this. :smalltongue: )

Alarra
2007-07-12, 08:32 PM
The woman stands, glaring at the cleric. She rummages in her bag for a moment, removes a button, and walks over to him. She presses the button into his hand, despite any surely forthcoming protests, and whispers in her low raspy voice, "Standing above, looking not without." She shakes her head. "Await your own judgment. You will learn."

She turns on her heel quickly and returns to her step. In a moment, she's all of her things gathered neatly in her arms. She turns toward the street one last time, waving an arm in the direction of the wizard Van Decken. "Perhaps he deserves your scorn."

She removes a key, unlocks the door of the ornate building behind her and walks inside. The door snaps closed with a self satisfied click.

PirateMonk
2007-07-12, 09:20 PM
The man glares at Alarra, and continues walking.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-12, 09:52 PM
PS happens upon a small produce stand - the purveyor of which seems to have stepped out. A small sign hanging over the edge reads "Apples: 1cp". At this point it occurs to him that he has no money on his person. Er, penguin.

Those apples didn't look that good anyway. He decides to head back up the street, turning just in time to see the old woman enter a large mansion. He stands stunned for a moment. Didn't see that one coming. I wonder who or what the old woman really is...

He then notices a few others have ventured into the street, though from his current position he can see neither the mime nor the sushi salesmen from the previous day. He does notice that the llama is present, however.

The penguin heads back to his igloo to retrieve a copper or two.

Helgraf
2007-07-12, 10:01 PM
Shuffle shuffle shuffle. The figure shuffled until it lurched in front of the weirding woman.

"Hunnnng. Unnnggg."

It watches her arm extend, shuffles to one side to peer, raising a withered arm to shield ruined eyes from the sun.

"*Helgraf Unnnghghs (points) at Captain von der Decken*

Korias
2007-07-12, 11:46 PM
Korias, Having Removed himself from the tree yesterday night, walks out onto the street. Having seen everybody bicker and squabble once more, he sighs and sleepily walks over to the bar, Triping into the Capitan Van Der Decken. He apologizes, before moving on.

evnafets
2007-07-13, 12:16 AM
As the cleric glances down at the button in his hand, the blood drains from his face. He hurriedly casts the button away from himself .
The wizard Van Decken? Those who control unholy magic are always deserving of attention. But why should I follow the instructions of a witch just on her say so? It seems that quite a few people are following her lead.

Bah. My god shall protect me whereever I go, as long as I have faith, and fight daily against all evil. I am just not yet convinced of his evil.

Vonriel
2007-07-13, 12:30 AM
Vonriel walks out of the tavern, looking refreshed. Looking around, he is astonished to see a llama walking about in the open, apparently without a master. What the hell? A holy animal, walking around, unguarded? And nobody is treating it with the deference it deserves! The bartender was right, this place is just plain weird. He finds a place to sit in the corner of town, so he can watch the goings-on without much trouble. It would seem that the warning given me by that man was right, I walked in in the midst of a rebellion. He continues musing to himself for a while, settling in to make himself comfortable before deciding who he should help the locals kill.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-13, 12:36 AM
XF's keen ears pick up Vonriel's speech.

Wait...did you say holy animal? There's a llama around? How could I possibly have passed up the opportunity to treat such a being with the proper respect? I must seek it out. Where is it? What has it been doing? Have I interacted with it? I must go talk to the helpful man who gave me these balloons. He was quiet, but kind.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 04:02 AM
Knowing that cats love fish, the Sushi salesman decides to follow CurlyKitGirl in hopes that she might lead him to the penguin or at least some fish.

Akaziel
2007-07-13, 04:28 AM
Akaziel runs out into the street to point at Pwenet.

Orzel
2007-07-13, 05:31 AM
THe junk merchant paints a name "Pwenet" on a cheap brown hat.

Free hat!

Supagoof
2007-07-13, 08:01 AM
The mime wakes up. As he gets up to walk, he runs right into the wall of the invisible barrier that has held him for a day. He screams in frustration at this again, but no one hears the sound. They only see the movements of him stomping around in utter madness and appearance of shouting obscenities at nothing.

He waves at Helgraf, then makes a gesture that the old wizard in the tower is a friend by gesturing at Captain Van Der Decken and giving a thumbs up sign.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-13, 08:05 AM
(why are we ppointing at pwenet? or CvdD?)

*The llama is quite unaware that he is a holy animal, but is player is rollling in laughter:smallsmile: The pack animal continues to wander the streets trying to sell balloons to people. He really wants to sell to the mime that is Supagoof*

(I point at Supagoof before he gets me killed.)

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-13, 09:30 AM
(It's because I'm a wizard, isn't it? Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live?)

Leaning out of his window, the wizard gives a nonchalant wave at the mime, stifling a giggle.

He glares at Alarra, and mutters to himself.

"Folklore and trickery? Is she...? Oh, what would I care? It's nothing to me."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-13, 09:30 AM
Curly has been staring at Vonriel all the time. Seeing that he isn't going to do anything amusing except talk to llamas she goes hunting rats.
However, upon seeing the llama she goes up to him and speaks in llama. "Hey, what's it like selling balloons? How could you actually stand to get a job if you are actually a holy animal? It's easier being a cat. You do nothing all day and nobody expects you to do anything. Life is good."
To anyone else listening all they can hear is series of llama-y sounds, coming from a cat. Wierd.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-13, 09:56 AM
*The llama looks down at the cat, mumbling because if it talks in llama, then all the balloons will fly away.*

"Its fun selling balloons and if I do a good job, I don't get thumped and I get to meet good people. Who said I'm a holy animal? I'm not a holy animal. I'm just a pack horse."

"ooooh, it does sound fun to be a cat."

(now this will be realy funny if I'm the Emperor or the Heir)

(It turns out that my fortune cookie of "Good fortune will follow the fleet of foot." doesn't indicate that Goof is a rebel, but Rich Burlew has sent me a carrier pigeon telling me that Shadow is.)

(The llama points at Shadow.)

Supagoof
2007-07-13, 10:39 AM
The mime looks surprised by the accusations. He points at himself to in disbelief and shakes his head violently no. Then he pantomimes a cat dragging it's foot to give a charade of the emperor and hugs himself to show his love for the emperor. After that, he holds his hands to his face and pretends to spot a person. He then makes a stabbing motion to that person. He then proudly sticks out his chest and points at his eyes, pantomimes holding a magnifying glass, and finishes by giving the thumbs up sign again.

What the charades mean....
The mime is not a rebel. He loves the emperor. He will be looking more closely at people who pointed at him and killing any rebels he finds. He is very proud of his royal eyesight and investigation skills. ((I am the court investigator. Van Der Decken scried as loyal!))

((Sorry all, I shall be leaving shortly for the weekend. The mime shall remain trapped in his box. Please don't auto-lynch me.))

Penguinsushi
2007-07-13, 10:56 AM
PS waddles out of his igloo again, wearing a small backpack. He stands in his tunnelway for a moment, seeming to ponder something and then suddenly darts back inside for a moment before emerging once more with a confident look on his face. There, he says to no one in particular.

He holds up the string the old woman had given him earlier and reacts with mild surprise as he is also still holding the red ball she rolled to him earlier. That's funny... I hadn't realized I was still carrying this around...

He places the ball and the string in one of the pouches of his pack, and waddles back up the street, passing the Llama which seems to be conversing with a small cat, also speaking 'llama'. Wow. I wish I spoke Llama... ...maybe then I'd...yeah...

He also notices the mime in the midst of a rather complex routine that seems to be confusing some of the onlookers. He pauses for a moment, translating the performers motions in his head. He gives the mime a wry smile as he continues up the street through the growing crowd. So that's how it is, is it?

He arrives at the produce stand he visited earlier. Still seeing no shopkeeper, he tries calling out thinking that perhaps his diminutive stature is obscuring proper vision - the stand's counter-top is just above eye-level after all. Hello? Is there a proprietor present? Might I purchase a piece or two of fruit from your humble stand?

Ink
2007-07-13, 11:19 AM
Ink clears out the garbage receptacle behind the fish shop and tosses some fish scraps to the strange cat making llama noises. Out of the corner of his eye he looks curiously at the lurching figure of Helgraf shuffling across the street.

PirateMonk
2007-07-13, 11:23 AM
The man glares at the mime. "Of course you are."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-13, 11:24 AM
Curly notices the fishy-scent-man throwing her some scraps. She walks up to him, doing typical cat things like purring and rubbing up against his legs. She switches to human speech and says in a cultured voice, "Have you got any cod, only I do not care for the flavour or texture of haddock." She then sits down and stares at him until she gets a reply.

Ink
2007-07-13, 11:58 AM
Ink is startled as the cat addresses him in human speech. He looks around to see if anyone else heard it as well, but no one seems to be paying attention.

"Uhh... sorry kitty, I only have these here leftover scraps that were thrown out from the fish shop. Don't know what they are."

"How'd you learn to speak Human so good?"

Alarra
2007-07-13, 01:51 PM
(eh...rp hard right now...)

The woman leans out the window and changes her point to pwenet

Zar Peter
2007-07-13, 02:14 PM
A ghost flys to the fishy scent man and whispers:

Give her sssssquid bonesssss and sssshe sssstops ssssspeakin!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-13, 02:37 PM
"I'm a cat. All I do is watch people. It's fairly simple really. Try speaking fly; three letters and over five billion inflections." Upon seeing the ghost of Zar Peter Curly arches her back and hisses. She swipes him with her claws too.

Helgraf
2007-07-13, 02:55 PM
Muurrrrrr....

*Helgraf shuffles in place to point at pwenet*

Penguinsushi
2007-07-13, 03:26 PM
PS waits at the stand for a moment. Upon receiving no acknowledgement of his presence, he decides the shopkeeper must still be out. He stands there a moment more, deciding what he should do. He could simply leave - but he's been here and left once already and he made a special trip home just to get the money with which to buy apples. He is confused as to why the shopkeeper hasn't returned as yet. Doesn't seem like good business. ...Well, I guess I can...

He sets his pack on the ground, opens it up and fishes around for 2 copper pieces, a scrap of paper and a pen. He scribbles something on the note, places it and the two copper pieces on the counter, and reaches out to take an apple. Just as his flipper touches the shiny red skin of the fruit, there is a loud CRACK as the apple, the stand and the penguin vanish in a puff of smoke.

The copper pieces fall to the cobblestones with clinking sound and the note flutters down after them.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-13, 03:40 PM
XF wanders over to the note, and picks it up. He holds it ransom until someone comes over and tells him what message it has on it.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-13, 07:39 PM
The floating eyeball floats back onto the streets, and glares at Alarra, leaning out the window.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-13, 08:16 PM
The Sushi man decides to follow the mime's lead and points at pwenets since there appear to be little evidence elsewhere of where the rebels are hiding.

evnafets
2007-07-13, 08:39 PM
This town is full of sin and corruption. The voices of the righteous must speak out. There is one among you who has been sowing distrust and discontent. I was unwilling to follow her point at the Wizard Van Decken before, and one with the sight has come forward to indicate my feelings were right. Let us seek out the voices of evil among us.
Verily I say unto you - she is a witch - BURN HER!

evnafets points at Alarra

Penguinsushi
2007-07-14, 12:32 AM
PS suddenly appears about 10 feet above the street, moving sideways with some aerial velocity. He hits the ground with a squeak and rolls violently over the pavement until he is stopped unceremoniously by impacting the side of a building.

Adrenaline pumping, he leaps to his feet, poised for combat - brandishing a long, wooden spoon in his right flipper. He is breathing very heavily and his feathers are very ruffled and noticeably singed in places. He looks around in confusion for a moment, then begins to lower his weapon as he slowly seems to realize where he is.

Y-You!, he shouts pointing at Castaras. You could have prevented that whole mess! Where were you!? He glares at the floating ipod a moment longer, shoves his spoon into his pack and then storms off down the street. (Do you know how hard it is to 'storm off' while waddling!?)

He arrives at the park bench on which he had sat earlier that day, grumbling emphatically under his breath. He tries to smooth his feathers out, but they don't seem to want to cooperate with the effort. In frustration, he hops up onto the bench, sets his pack next to him, crosses his flippers and glares out into the street.

After a moment, he reaches into his backpack, pulls out a shiny red apple and takes a bite. Mmmm. Tastes just like... ...chicken?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-14, 07:45 AM
"Now Mr. Fish-man. Hold on, humans have names too; what's your name if I may ask? I beilieve I will gladly accept all scraps from this shop. Accept for Pollock and haddock. And ray, disgusting taste." Curly begins to sort through the scraps picking out the delicacies. "And in return for these scraps I shall hunt the rats and mice in and around your store." A she says this a large brown rat runs across the alley into the overturned bin. She pounces and kills it. Then eats it. "As you can see I'm very efficient."

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-14, 08:33 AM
As is the custom, the Nobles have sent their proxies to court to relay their suspicions to the executioner. The executioner waits the day patiently, eagerly hoping to get to have someone's head on the gruesome device today. As the day wears on, his hopes for a good killin' wane as, once again, the noble's were not able to agree on who was the most untrustworthy. The blade falls, but hits nothing.

The peasants, on the other hand, gather themselves in the courtyard around The Lynching Tree (as it has become known after generations of it's for just this purpose) to scream for blood. Initially, there is a lot of finger wagging but nothing close to a concensus. Throughout the day, here outside away from the court and its fickle nobles, a vote coalesces somewhat as Pwenet and Bassetking get into a minor disagreement about personal space. The crowd mind leans in favor of Bassetking in this disagreement and Pwenet is lead off to The Tree.

Pwenet, surprised by the crowd sentiment, takes offense but offers little resistance. "You filth have no idea what's going on out there, do you? This is why fate chooses who leads you, because you're not bright enough to do it yourselves. Fine then. Here's my neck, for all the good it'll do you." He scoffs and sneers as the crowd is unimpressed by his tirade and strings him up anyway.

A search of his belongings for evidence of his treachery turns up nothing but a Royal Charter declaring his family to be of Noble blood.

Summary:
The Nobles once again failed to reach the minimum number of votes needed to execute anyone.
Pwenet is lynched by the Peasants. He was a Noble and was Loyal to the crown.

Night 2 begins and will end Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. EDT.

EDIT: The first post has been updated. Note that Krursk and Vonriel already have two strikes against them and are in danger of being autolynched by the three strikes rule being used in this game.

Vonriel
2007-07-14, 11:19 AM
(( Gah, son of a.. I meant to vote yesterday, but for some reason I scrapped the post and never did it. D'oh.. ))

Vonriel stands up from where he was watching the proceedings, fascinated by how both the villagers and nobles would lynch one of their own without anything to prove they were a rebel. ...Weird society, but it'll be in my best interest to help out the established monarchy, in case I need to bring up a favor or two in the future... He walks back into the tavern he came out of earlier and heads to bed.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-14, 12:35 PM
Hmmm...told you I don't vote with the bandwagons. They're rarely right when they're based on no reasons whatsoever. Come on, we're still using first-day tactics?

Penguinsushi
2007-07-14, 11:40 PM
PS doesn't move from the park bench for a long while, but the otherwise quiet night allows him to hear the crowd calling for blood elsewhere in the town. He grimaces.

Having finished his odd-tasting apple, he grabs his back, hops off the bench and waddles home for the night.

Ink
2007-07-15, 01:22 AM
"Now Mr. Fish-man. Hold on, humans have names too; what's your name if I may ask? I beilieve I will gladly accept all scraps from this shop. Accept for Pollock and haddock. And ray, disgusting taste." Curly begins to sort through the scraps picking out the delicacies. "And in return for these scraps I shall hunt the rats and mice in and around your store." A she says this a large brown rat runs across the alley into the overturned bin. She pounces and kills it. Then eats it. "As you can see I'm very efficient."

"It's not my shop, kitty cat. I just clear out the garbage behind here, and the rest of this street. I'm the garbageman. Glad you're killing them rats though, don't like them good-for-nothing squeaky creatures. I hear tell once a pack of lycan-rats went and killed a bunch of folk up in the next town... those poor sods."

Ink stops and ponders for a moment, then looks at the cat.

"What does rat taste like? Someone told me it tastes like chicken once. But that's what he says about most things."

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-15, 08:11 AM
It's time again for the morning head count to see who has been abducted or has otherwise been the victim of ill behavior at the hands of others. Once again the Mouseketeer Roll Call turns up 100% accounted for.

Summary: Night 2 ends and no one was killed by Rebels.

Day 3 begins and will end on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-15, 08:19 AM
*Places penguin trap outside igloo*

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-15, 08:35 AM
((Is that intended to be a point? If so, please mark it in read for easy detection at update time. If not, disregard and carry on.))

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-15, 10:54 AM
((Are the rebels inactive or something? This is the second night in a row they haven't done anything.))

PirateMonk
2007-07-15, 10:56 AM
((They could have recruited, tried to assassinate the emperor, or tried to assassinate the person who was protected.))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-15, 01:40 PM
"What does rat taste like? Someone told me it tastes like chicken once. But that's what he says about most things."

"Oh, well if you get such good scraps I'll follow you around for a day or so; just until I find out the best places of course. I'm no housecat, although I must admit you smell niicer. Must be the 'garbage', personally you smell like a 5* restaurant. A cats one obviously.
"Why would rats taste of chicken? They are in no way chicken shaped! It's a cross between pork and beef really. Highly nutritious, and in no way poisonous. But since you are human you'd have to skin it and remove the green wobbly bit, the feet, tail, that purple thing and of course the bones." Upon looking around and seeing the multitude of rats Curly says, "For a town with disposal men there are an amazing amount of rats here. I might stay for a wgile, offer my services....." Curly stops suddenly. "I did nnot say that. I'm a cat. Work is a diease. You are infecting me with it. I will follow for the food. I will not work." She goes off to hunt the llama. Hoping for an intelligent conversation.

PirateMonk
2007-07-16, 03:33 PM
No activity, yet again.

The man sends an emergency point at Atreyu.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-16, 03:35 PM
Curly points at evnafets. "To be honest I have no reason other than e pointed at me a while ago and I don't know when I can get on this thread next. Sorry evnafets, but you're the only person I could have had reason to point to; and I hate pointing without a reason."

Khaldan
2007-07-16, 03:36 PM
*points at atreyu because he won cloak and dagger*

Castaras
2007-07-16, 03:58 PM
The animated Ipod waves to Curlykitcat for a random point, for once not quoting lyrics.

evnafets
2007-07-16, 04:20 PM
The cleric walks down the street looking for the street-mime (supagoof). "Obviously this is a person who has been touched by holiness. Blessed with extra vision, but cursed so as not to have the ability to communicate it verbally. Perhaps by watching him today I can determine my lord's divine will."
(( ie Supagoof - did you scry anything worthwhile last night? ))

No sign of the mime yet, but THERE is the upstart who pointed at the mime yesterday. Obviously someone under evil influence. evnafets points at PirateMonk

Alarra
2007-07-16, 05:18 PM
The woman comes out of her apartment, arranges her blanket on the stoop and begins to eat a plate of pasta. After some time she *offers some (points) to Curly.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-16, 08:09 PM
The sushi salesman decides to walk back towards his ACME penguin trap to see if that waddling penguin had set it off yet. On his way, he waves to the llama.

Helgraf
2007-07-16, 09:53 PM
Hruunnngh. Urugungnhg..

*puts a hammy hand on Curly's head, and pats*

Eeeauughhshjg.

Vonriel
2007-07-16, 11:27 PM
Vonriel enters the plaza in time to see Fleeing Coward point at the llama. Gods, he wants to kill the holy animal! I can't let that happen! He draws his sword and points it at Fleeing Coward.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-17, 12:19 AM
I ain't trying to kill it, I just want a few slices since I think people would love the taste of Penguin & Llama Sushi suprise.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-17, 01:08 AM
PS finally wakes up after a long night's sleep. He sits up and rubs his eyes. That was a strange dream...

He hops out of bed, stretches, grabs his pack and heads down his tunnel. He's almost reached the end when he notices a peculiar metal contraption with the letters "A.C.M.E." on the side of it. Unsure of what it is, he inches forward and nudges it with his left foot. The penguin trap springs shut with a loud *SNAP*, and though not caught in the trap, the sudden noise causes PS to jump, stumble and fall over backwards. Upon hitting the ground, a pouch on his pack opens and the red ball rolled to him by the old woman rolls out and back into the igloo and comes to rest under his cot.

The penguin stands back up and grabs his pack - though he is too busy grumbling to himself to notice anything missing. He walks out of the tunnel and into the street, pointing at the nearest person, which, by a staggering coincidence, happens to be none other than the Fleeing Coward.

I meant to do that.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 01:20 AM
XF, not having anyone to read the note for him, gropes his way to town square and then yells for Fleeing Coward to read the note for him.

(He's a little too vicious for most villagers, though I suppose a rebel would have to be pretty dumb to be that aggressive, but maybe it's a double bluff. Either way, I doubt he'll actually be lynched. I don't start or vote with bandwagons.

Shadow
2007-07-17, 01:49 AM
Shadow points at evnafets because yellow and blue makes green.

Ink
2007-07-17, 06:14 AM
"Llama? A holy creature?"

Ink eyes the llama closely.

"He doesn't look very holy to me. He looks a little bit scruffy."

Supagoof
2007-07-17, 10:48 AM
((Sorry, alas I was gone for the weekend and did not have a chance to send in a scry last night. However, there is something that really bugs and hopefully he can offer further explanation on his action.

PirateMonk - as I came out as seer, you pointed at me. Why?

I took a risk to come out and reveal my role, in an effort to not lynch someone who I knew to be loyal to the crown. It was a risk, but I've always thought that the seer coming out before the baner came out was a far better tactic to win these games. The baner can protect the seer, and the seer can look at the people who approach him to ensure he's not being led around by a rebel. In a percentage of things to work right, I figure it's the best way to lead the people and the points. Since I didn't scry last night, I can't direct the people who to point at or who to not point at - but I can direct them to question the person who pointed at me. Which unfortunately is you PirateMonk. Not being mean, just being analytical is all.

I don't know if the rebels attacked me last night and I was protected or if they tried to recruit someone. Feel free to contact me if you have thoughts or insight on this.))

The mime makes a few motions that he was sleeping last night. He does however, put up his hands and peers through his fingers like glasses and looks at followed by pointing at PirateMonk.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-17, 10:53 AM
Hmmm.....we have 4 people voting at me and none of them have given a reason. Why? I don't know. I know I'm not a rebel, so its not the guards trying to covert lynch me after I was investigated. Its possible that the drunkard has spied on me and thought I was a rebel and told the guardsmen who I am, so that they are covertly trying to lynch me, but that seems odd, too.

Its also possible that people simply assume that I am a likely candidate for recruitment, so are attempting to kill me, but such is not the case. I turned down the recruitment offers in Revolution for a reason and I'll do it for the same reason in this game. I'm tired of being evil and plotting. Its also fun to try to guess the villains.

Anyway, I don't have much evidence, but I am suspicious of why Piratemonk chose me, and Goof does have a point, so I'll point at Pirate Monk, too.

Khaldan
2007-07-17, 10:55 AM
huh. we got a seer saying pm is evil, and a bandwagon against the coward. i hate cowards. *points at fleeing coward.

Vonriel
2007-07-17, 11:03 AM
(( Originally, I was pointing at Coward to avoid autolynch.. but you're right about PirateMonk. ))

Hmph. You'd better not make anything out of the llama, or I will end you. For now, though, that PirateMonk character is rather suspicious. Vonriel sheaths his blade, then points at PirateMonk.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-17, 12:25 PM
I can always count on Atreyu to have an actual reason for pointing at someone. He seems to think very clearly regarding this stuff.

XF points at Pirate Monk, trying to get him to come over and read the note.

Bassetking
2007-07-17, 12:29 PM
*Points at Pirate Monk*

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-17, 02:53 PM
EK points at Bassetking

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-17, 07:19 PM
((I apologize. I lost track of the days. I'll be updating at work this evening. Sorry about that. All *points* made before I update will still count so if you haven't yet, do so please.))

Penguinsushi
2007-07-17, 07:23 PM
PS wanders out into the street. He looks around and sees all the frantic finger-pointing. Interesting, he thinks The townsfolk seem to be more adamant in their accusations now. Maybe something actually is going on...

The penguin takes a look at the sky. Hmm...rather ambiguous time of day, this...

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-17, 08:02 PM
((I only pointed at the llama because I've got absolutely no idea who is what and I thought he'd be a safe enough vote.))

The sushi salesman, seeing the penguin standing right there in front of him staring at the sunset, decides to make one last attempt to capture his prey with his ACME P&M heat-seeking net. Unfortunately, at the last moment he sees PirateMonk walk right in front of the penguin.

Helgraf
2007-07-18, 01:20 AM
Urrrghn.

*Helgraf swivels to point at Pirate Monk, after reattaching his arm*

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-18, 01:32 AM
Day 3 ends.

Dusk approaches. Proxies make their way to the court. This time they seem to be seeing similar things because there is almost a consensus. Two people are raised slightly higher on the suspicions list until a heavily robed figure enters with a rather large entourage. He pulls back the cowl on the robes which were hiding his identity for safety. The entire room kneels immediately in a show of fealty. It's PirateMonk! The Emperor himself!

That Llama is behind all this! Prancing around pretending to be a holy beast when he's nothing more than a beast of burden! Look at him, selling 'Recruit Me!' balloons right out there on the street, openly defying me! He must be the one who goes! I demand it!

The Emperor storms out of the court and into the street to see that his orders are carried out. His guard dutifully rounds up the Masked Llama and drag him bleating to the guillotine. The executioner, though his face is hidden, is very obviously pleased that his tools will see blood this day. The bleating of the Llama causes him to inadvertently release all of his balloons into the air. He gets a saddened look in his eyes as he realizes his master won't be happy about this. With a sudden, violent shove the Llama's head is thrown into the instrument of death and strapped down, his neck stretched across the bottom at an unnatural angle.

Before the executioner even gets a chance to throw the switch, the Emperor gets impatient and runs up and heaves it to, causing the great blade to fall and the Llama to go silent and still.

From the crowd ushers forth a few sad moans and one pained, mournful scream. NOOOOOOOOOO! How could you DO this!? Helgraf bursts forth and rushes up to the now still Llama and kneels and weeps at the loss of this blessed holy creature who meant no ill to anyone. In a sudden burst of rage, Helgraf stands, steals the executioner's backup axe, and twirls all in one remarkably graceful action, catching everyone off guard, including the Emperor who ordered this murder. Everyone, that is, except for the Imperial Guard who simultaneously launch several crossbow bolts at the would be assassin, but too late. The Emperor's head is seperated from his body as cleanly as the Llama's was, without even time for a remark. After a few long seconds both men slump over, dead.

Krursk was caught in the crossfire, having been too surprised to duck when the bolts started flying.

A search of the bodies for evidence reveals only that PirateMonk was wearing the crown symbolic of his station.

Summary:
Atreyu, the Masked Llama was executed by the Nobles. He and Helgraf were "lovers". Both were Peasants and Loyal to the Crown.
The Peasants in turn lynched PirateMonk. He was the Emperor.
Krursk was autolynched for three missed votes. He was a Peasant and Loyal.

Night 3 begins and will end at approximately 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning, Eastern Daylight Time.

Helgraf
2007-07-18, 01:35 AM
((Muah ha! Regicide for the win!))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-18, 05:36 AM
"The master of the humans was killed by a non-living creature? Well, that's kingship for you. besides, he killed the llama! I wanted to talk to him. I miss him already." Curly mourns the death of the llama. "He was fun to talk to." She places a fish head on the site of his death, to commemorate him.

((I may not be able to get back online until Saturday. Don't autolynch me))

Castaras
2007-07-18, 10:02 AM
(( Oh dear. Not good. ))

The animated ipod wanders around the streets, silent.

Khaldan
2007-07-18, 10:54 AM
((we killed them emporer and the llama?! rwevolt! wait, wrong game.))

Great. never lynch a llama, it always comes back to bite you.

Supagoof
2007-07-18, 11:33 AM
((Ah crud. Dangit! Why'd I have to pick the emperor? Or why'd he have to point at me? I didn't know what his allignment was, just that it's very foolish to point at the seer and something only a rebel would most likely do.))

The mime bites his fingernail seeing the death of the emperor. He starts by waving goodbye to everyone in passing with a very sorrowful look on his face.

Korias
2007-07-18, 02:52 PM
Well, This is certainly turning out to be an Interesting day. The Emperors dead, The Lovers are dead, and now the Llamas dead too. Isnt anything sacred to you people anymore?
Korias walks by the crowd gathered at the Lynching Tree. He carries a bag and wears a hat with corks dangling from it.

(I'm Back from the Land down Under. Posting will resume to the usualy 4+/Day)

Now, I think its best that if we could just calm down for a day, it might be possible to find a solution to all this lynching. Mainly, I vote he get a taste of whats coming to him. Korias gestures in the direction of the whistling Executioner. But for now, I propose that we all get wasted. My Treat. Korias then begins to walk towards the nearest pub, and heads into the back room. Rolling out a few large kegs and barrels, He props them up against the wall. Cmon now! We're Burning Moonlight!

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-19, 03:00 AM
Night 3 Ends

And once again passes uneventfully.

The Court Nobles report evidence of what appears to have been a secret coronation ceremony but no evidence remains of who was crowned.

Day 4 begins and will end Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. EDT.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-19, 08:39 AM
The sushi salesman, seeing the corpse of the headless llama still lying next to bloody guillotine, decides that it would be a crime against nature to leave perfectly good meat to rot while hundreds of thousands of children are left starving every day around the world.
Seeing that everyone is still asleep, he slowly drags the llama into his shop and closes the door, leaving a sign outside his window reading:
Coming Soon: Mystery Meat Sushi

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-19, 09:01 AM
((Okay, that made me sick, just a little bit. You win this game's "Gross Out the Narrator" award. :smallyuk: ))

Supagoof
2007-07-19, 09:05 AM
The mime mimes shouting at the man to no avail. He points at Fleeing Coward to indicate that such holy llama bodies should not be desecrated.

((Last night I found another noble and someone loyal to the cause. And again, I don't know what role Fleeing Coward is, but what he's up to with Llama's body disturbs me too. :smalltongue: ))

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-19, 09:35 AM
It's so easy to condemn, so hard to create. I be nothing but a humble merchant trying to earn a living in this expensive world. It be nothing but a dead llama that shall now satisfy the hunger of the starving masses.
Besides, all proceeds raised from the sale of Mystery Meat Sushi shall go towards saving the endangered llama hunters :smallbiggrin:

((I can assure you, I'm definately not a rebel and would rather die than join their cause, scry me tonight if you want. Withholding my point for now))

@V I thought we were here to root out the rebels. Why would I draw so much attention to myself by turning the llama into sushi considering the success of the llama revolution if I were a rebel? You, on the other hand have kept a relatively low profile so far along with quite a few others...

Korias
2007-07-19, 09:38 AM
Gross... Sushi... Seeing Raw Llama in the seaweed, Korias quickly bolts to a trashcan and proceeds to violently retch his eggs and carrots into it.

Anyway, I Propose we deny Fleeing Coward the opportunity to make more Llama sushi.

Ink
2007-07-19, 10:42 AM
Ink is making his usual rounds in his garbage truck. As he empties one of the trash cans vomit splatters out of it and hits his clothes and shoes.

"What the hel- Gah!! This is disgusting!! Ugh!!"

He turns and yells at Korias.

"What you have to go and do that for? My shoes are ruined. Yuck!"

Korias
2007-07-19, 11:31 AM
Sorry bout that. It was just... The Llama... Butchered... Sushi... *Urp* Korias's hand quickly flies to his mouth as he rushes to another trash can.

Ink
2007-07-19, 12:33 PM
"Sigh... Not again. This town is not for the faint of stomach."

Suppressing the urge to throw up himself, Ink looks away and tries to find something to clean his clothes with.

Supagoof
2007-07-19, 03:14 PM
The mime seeing the vomiting makes a gesture of covering his mouth. He then removes his hand from Fleeing Coward in an attempt to keep his breakfast in his stomach. After he regains his composure, he walks around and points at Ink and beckons him over, making charades to ask the question of why Ink pointed at Atreyu?

((I heard reasoning from FC about his actions and they make sense and now I'd like to hear from Ink about it. I'll continue to change my points until I find something that seems suspiscious to me. So you can follow the bandwagon I start or not, as I'm going by what I know and who I know is safe. So Ink, if you care to share publically or privately, I don't mind. I just would like to know. :smallwink: ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-19, 03:26 PM
I suspect Korias of being a rebel. We must lynch him to preserve the order of our society.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-19, 03:52 PM
Curly sees Fleeing Coward the Sushi man drag her llama friend into the shop. In a fury she springs at the sushi man, attempting to claw him for his desecration of a corpse. "Well, if he wants to play dirty let's see how he likes being the only rat-infested shop in the entire town." Curly begins to round up the rats and explains to them "If you want to live go to the sushi shop and stay there." and things of that ilk. "He killed a friend. How dare he! At least my revenge is working." Curly smirks before going to bask in a sunny spot on the roof, awaiting the screams of horror.

((Once again, very intermittent posting. Might be on every other day, but have no actual idea. Sorry, don't autolynch yet.))

Korias
2007-07-19, 05:29 PM
(( I love how people point at other people without giving a fair reason. No Evidence to back it up? For Shame, Eldritch. Ink had an RP Reason (Although it was really brought on by him. You were the one that got barf on you, not me. I just put it there.), and you suspect me of being a rebel. so its 2-2, Even. Seriously. Does this avatar LOOK like he's a rebel?)) Gulp. Usualy I'm assassinated in the night by the antagonists. I wonder what this means... Korias cowers in a corner.

Vonriel
2007-07-19, 11:38 PM
The soldier still looks as if he's going to throw up at the sight he saw last evening, and impossibly looks even more ill when he sees Fleeing Coward drag off the dead llama. That's.. that's just.. That's disgusting.. Vonriel again votes to lynch Fleeing Coward.

Alarra
2007-07-19, 11:42 PM
The woman glares from her stoop at the cat. *pointing a gnarled finger in Curly's direction "Unnatural temptress! Befouling the minds of the simple rats! Away with thee!"

She then sits back down, very calmly, and wraps the blanket around her shoulders. Her expression implies that she has no idea she was just screaming at a cat.

Crystall_Myr
2007-07-20, 02:05 AM
The floating eyeball returns, and notices the commotion going on around the sushi salesman. It looks at Fleeing coward curiously, wonder what's going on.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-20, 02:28 AM
Seeing the rats pouring in, the sushi salesman is decides to expand his horizons for the business.
((If you thought llama sushi was gross, stop here))
Using spells learnt from years of journeying throughout the country, he starts gathering all the rats into his kitchen and begins to effortlessly snap their necks.
When the last rat has fallen, he goes to work on creating his latest delicacy for his customers to enjoy.
After hours of hard work he sits proudly in his kitchen admiring his handywork ...
((Do not view the below images if you have eaten or am planning to eat in the near future))
This is no joke, stop now if you know what's good for you Last Chance I did warn you... having turned the rats:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/graphics/rats01_small.jpg
into:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/graphics/rats09_small.jpg
Rats: the other white meat!

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-20, 03:27 AM
Leaning out of his window, humming, the wizard toasts a few nearby seagulls with a bolt of lightning.

He scowls at Alarra, muttering to himself.

"Crazy wannabe Magicker, giving wizards a bad name."

He then turns his head sharply towards the sushi shop, sensing spellcasting. He wanders out onto the street to take a look.

(I don't get why everyone's freaking out over the llama sushi. It's a tall sheep. You people must have eaten sheep.)

Khaldan
2007-07-20, 10:16 AM
((it were a sentient llama. Think of it as if someone went over and made human sushi.))
You took the llama and made sushi?! DEATH!

Points at fleeing coward.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-20, 10:53 AM
(I know. I still don't think it's particularly gross.)

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-20, 11:05 AM
The blind man creeps over towards the sushi shop and buys a bunch of assorted sushi. He calls to Khaldan that you shouldn't point at someone in a bandwagon for purely RP reasons, and the sushi tastes good.

@V: (I'm blind? I said "point"...not "start a revolution")

Khaldan
2007-07-20, 11:17 AM
((XF, i started a revolution for pure RP reasons. And it won too.))
damn blind men You're next, old man.

evnafets
2007-07-20, 07:10 PM
The cleric wanders the streets in contemplation. "The Emporer has been brought down. And I was one of those who pointed at him! But I was merely following the guidance of my god as revealed through the actions of that mime. Does that mean the mime is evil? Did I mis-interpret the signs? I am confused.

The creature selling balloons has been killed. Some thought that creature to be holy. To my mind it was never that, however nothing justifies the capitalistic butchering of the dead for profit.
evnafets points at FleeingCoward

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-20, 08:16 PM
Looks like the peasents are going to lynch me for selling llama sushi this time (two of whom, also killed the emperor yesterday) so let me just make some final observations on those that are pointing at me before you lynch another innocent sushi salesman.

Crystall_Myr appears to have been pointing at random people every day and avoided the vote that got the emperor and pirate_monk lynched. So either he's just a disinterested person with no role or deliberately staying under the radar for one reason or another.

Korias apart from the vote to lynch ZP that marks him as a peasent and the missed vote yesterday which might be to avoid attention, I find nothing nothing particularly suspicious about.

Vonriel, I find the most suspicious of the lot. Having missed the first 2 votes, he comes along yesterday first pointing at me to avoid the autolynch then changing his vote to piratemonk that led to his death. That to me marks him as a peasent and I highly suspect as a rebel as well.

Khaldan has kept relatively quiet through this, missing one vote on the second day and otherwise not having much of a impact on this game either to stay under the radar or just because he doesn't care. Only thing that might be viewed evidence that I've got against him is that he followed Vonriel shortly after to vote against me yesterday so he might be following Vonriel with his votes and is doing so again today - mid-game recruit perhaps?

Finally evnafets - although he has yet to miss a vote, he marked himself as a peasent yesterday through the lynching of the emperor which in itself is suspicious and along with a few people including crystall_myr had tried to get Alarra lynched on day 2. I'd think she'd probably be one of the first people that'd get scried upon and the fact that noone has come out saying anything against her almost proves her innocence so that leads me to think whether he can be trusted.

So based on this, I'll point at Vonriel for now although I might change vote later on if the nobles are unable to reach a consensus.

Bassetking
2007-07-20, 09:52 PM
*Points at Fleeing Coward*

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-20, 10:47 PM
Guess that's the final nail in my coffin.

Bassetking - has been involved in the lynching of every person on the peasent side so far and has only provided reasons for one of those points. There be no bigger crime in my opinion than mindlessly following lynch mobs without providing any reasons.

However in an attempt to put someone in the guillotine while I still have a chance, I'll switch my point to Korias unless someone is certain that he ain't a rebel.

Penguinsushi
2007-07-21, 12:25 AM
Penguinsushi walks through the street, apparently deep in thought. He doesn't appear to notice much of what's going on around him, until he catches sight of the cat sitting in a doorway.

Hmm. This "seemingly innocent" cat does little besides watch the others all day. Also, she seems to have little respect for the established authority in this town and, at times, even seems to have a malicious air about her. It may seem strange, but I'm beginning to find find CurlyKitGirl quite suspicious. Perhaps I should investigate further...

He is about to look for an ideal observation location when he suddenly remembers something. He quickly pulls a pocket watch out of his pack, looks at it in surprise, and hurriedly waddles back down the street.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-21, 01:56 AM
Guess that's the final nail in my coffin.

Bassetking - has been involved in the lynching of every person on the peasent side so far and has only provided reasons for one of those points. There be no bigger crime in my opinion than mindlessly following lynch mobs without providing any reasons.

However in an attempt to put someone in the guillotine while I still have a chance, I'll switch my point to Korias unless someone is certain that he ain't a rebel.

Sorry Fleeing Coward, I did my best to convince them it's not right to bandwagon for no reason, and especially not RP reasons.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-21, 02:10 AM
Doesn't matter much, I didn't really expect to live once I made the llama into sushi and a RP reason is still better than no reason at all even though they know I'm not a rebel.
It's people like Bassetking who just points without bothering to supply any reasons RP or otherwise that I have problems with. What's the point of playing these games if all you intend to do is write *Me points at ####* everyday?

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-21, 09:15 AM
Day 4 Ends

The proxies gather in the court to share their lord's votes on who should be executed. Two names float to the top with an even number of votes. The executioner states that, as much as he likes to throw the switch on people, his pretty blades need time between choppings and he can't execute more than one person per day. With that, one of the proxies steps forward and ...

The door crashes in! The filthy peasantry have dared invade this sanctuary of Lords and Ladies?

Clamp it, Fred. You're no more noble than I am, you just carry papers around for 'em and wear nice clothes they bought for you.

Look, here's the deal. These folks here? He points his thumb over his shoulder indicating the masses that have assembled behind him. They were awful distraught when the Holy Llama was slaughtered by our late Emperor, may he know peace in the after. So you can see that they were a bit put off when, while they were building a right proper tomb-shrine for 'im, this FleeingCoward guy here makes off with the carcass and decides to sell it to us as dinner. So my point is, they're kinda antsy to see him be next and would be awful stressed if the nobility didn't see eye to eye with 'em. What do you folks say?

Several of the proxies quickly scratch out the vote they had and pencil in FleeingCoward instead, then nod their agreement.

With that, the guards leave to gather up the poor merchant and drag him to the chopping block. They return shortly with the restaurateur in tow.

"I, I was just trying to serve you, my customers, with the best food I could! Our resources have been somewhat limited as of late, but you can't kill a guy for making do with what's available! Come on, people!"

The people are unimpressed, and FleeingCoward is placed in an uncomfortable position.

Wary of recent events and still miffed that for three days he hasn't been able to throw the switch, the executioner does his job without ceremony as soon as the guards' hands are out of the way. And FleeingCoward's pleas for mercy are cut short.

Summary: FleeingCoward was executed/lynched by both the Nobles and the Peasants. He was a Noble and was Loyal.

Night 4 begins and will end Sunday at approximately 9:00 a.m. EDT. Send your night actions to pingcode20 and me. If everything is resolved sooner we'll update sooner.

Fleeing Coward
2007-07-21, 09:56 AM
((Well, that's sort of a suprise to me, either I analysed things wrong or the newly crowned emperor doesn't like llama sushi either))

The headless ghost of the sushi salesman rises from his corpse and delivers his final words to the gathered crowd.

Ye ignorant fools, I have done nothing but faithfully provide food for the starving masses and this be the thanks I get. Enjoy your mindless killings whilst ye still can for soon ye shall all fall to a fate worse than death.

Laughing maniacally, the ghost floats off to haunt his store.

Bassetking
2007-07-21, 10:13 AM
Doesn't matter much, I didn't really expect to live once I made the llama into sushi and a RP reason is still better than no reason at all even though they know I'm not a rebel.
It's people like Bassetking who just points without bothering to supply any reasons RP or otherwise that I have problems with. What's the point of playing these games if all you intend to do is write *Me points at ####* everyday?

((My choices, decisions, and thoughts need to be on display? The point of playing these games, is to PLAY the games, which, last I checked, Involved the necessity of posting. I've never been Auto-lynched, and I've also never used the strategy of skipping days, in order to remain under the Radar. While my strategies may not be showy, my strategies exist, and remain valid. They may not be pretty, but my play record can speak for itself.))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-21, 10:39 AM
"Well, I guess that serves him right for killing the holy Llama." Upon seeing PS she says to him in Penguin, "I'm a cat. We're lazy, idle, we can get humans to look after us to the extent they will clean up our messes. Peguins do the same thing. You manipulate humans into feeding you, get a cushy home and so on. I have no respect for human laws and boundaries. If there were cat laws and enforcers in this town I would-"
A cat with a badge walks up to Curly, "H'excuse me ma'am. I h'am noticing that h'you h'are loitering on this 'ere premise. If I were you h'I'd move along or h'I'll be forced to h'arrest you."
"Yes sir." Curly scoots along and walks alongside PS for a while. "As you see I follow cat law; and the more logical human ones naturally."
Curly is then startled by the ghost of sushi man floating down the street. She runs home (yes she actually has one) to hide for a while.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-21, 11:13 AM
(This post is ghost and not relevant to the game, so it has been white texted, hightlight if you wish to read it.)

*There is a ghost already at his store, looking perturbed*

"Sushi? Llama sushi? What is wrong with you!!!"

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-21, 11:46 AM
((My choices, decisions, and thoughts need to be on display? The point of playing these games, is to PLAY the games, which, last I checked, Involved the necessity of posting. I've never been Auto-lynched, and I've also never used the strategy of skipping days, in order to remain under the Radar. While my strategies may not be showy, my strategies exist, and remain valid. They may not be pretty, but my play record can speak for itself.))

((They don't need to be on display. It is simply typical for people to explain why they are pointing at someone. When someone consistently doesn't do so, people begin to think they are a WW. Thus, while you have the freedom to do what you wish without explanation, they have the freedom to do what they wish without being attacked for it.))

XF stumbles blindly into a house...it appears to be Fleeing Coward's...ooops. :smalltongue:

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-21, 04:29 PM
"Ghosts! Why, this is my lucky day. You there! Yes, you pair, the translucent ones! Hold still!"

The Wizard runs towards Fleeing Coward's store.