PDA

View Full Version : So you find a gem...

Waffle_Iron
2016-03-17, 11:41 AM
So you find a gem in the gullet of a slain owlbear, and you weren't going to bother opening the thing up (you thought they smelled bad on the outside) but the stupid wizard insisted and because he doesn't HAVE a sword, he insisted you use yours, and because he has the strength of a anemic kobold, he made you do it.

Anyway, you found a gem in its gullet, and it has a activation word engraved on it and you just said the word, because why not? What just happened when you said that, and why is the rogue laughing?

JumboWheat01
2016-03-17, 11:44 AM
So you find a gem in the gullet of a slain owlbear, and you weren't going to bother opening the thing up (you thought they smelled bad on the outside) but the stupid wizard insisted and because he doesn't HAVE a sword, he insisted you use yours, and because he has the strength of a anemic kobold, he made you do it.

Anyway, you found a gem in its gullet, and it has a activation word engraved on it and you just said the word, because why not? What just happened when you said that, and why is the rogue laughing?

Suddenly you look down to realize that you are not wearing pants.

gfishfunk
2016-03-17, 11:55 AM
The gem resurrects the owlbear around the gem, and you slowly find yourself being surrounded by stomach lining of an owlbear...

CantigThimble
2016-03-17, 11:57 AM
You are immediately true polymorphed into an owlbear. And you have something stuck in your throat...

Biggstick
2016-03-17, 12:03 PM
Suddenly you look down to realize that you are not wearing pants.

Embarrassed and angry at your lacking of pants, you grab the gem and fling it at the laughing rogue. As it hits him in the chest...

Draconi Redfir
2016-03-17, 12:07 PM
The gem fuses to the hilt of the sword that freed it, and in gratitude, grants the blade the strength of the beast that ate the poor gem.

the hilt of the sword grows fur, the blade becomes as black as owlbear claws, and enchants the thing with +2 and some kind of rage enchantment or something.

or the gem does something unrelated to owlbears, because seriously. the gem likely has nothing to do with owlbears.

maybe the gem projects a solid hologram of a beautiful sorceress who was devoured by the owlbear and the gem is her last remaining remnant, and she is forever indebted to the fighter and lends them her magic and love.

the Rogue is laughing at the irony because the Wizard would have totally been into dating a magical hologram chick.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-17, 12:12 PM
The gem started glowing, because it's a bog standard Gem of Brightness. The rogue is laughing because she's been 'experimenting' with 'potions' again - who knows what she thinks she's seeing?

Shining Wrath
2016-03-17, 12:17 PM
Your brow swells, and you now have a higher INT score than the wizard, and he knows it, and you know he knows, and the rogue knows you know he knows, and finds it terribly amusing because the rogue has INT=8 and is easily amused.

Segev
2016-03-17, 12:27 PM
You ask the rogue why she's laughing, and she tells you, "You turned into a girl!" Which confuses you, because you'd always been the only girl in the party. ...wait, 'why she's laughing?' You look to the wizard, and are horrified to realize that she no longer has that beard of which he was so fond.

krugaan
2016-03-17, 01:28 PM
You ask the rogue why she's laughing, and she tells you, "You turned into a girl!" Which confuses you, because you'd always been the only girl in the party. ...wait, 'why she's laughing?' You look to the wizard, and are horrified to realize that she no longer has that beard of which he was so fond.

... and the feminization wave reached all the way across the world, turning all the males into females, and the (demi)human world died out in a single generation.

Clever of [insert Elder God here] to hide the gem inside an owlbear!

Zman
2016-03-17, 01:56 PM
You are immediately true polymorphed into an owlbear. And you have something stuck in your throat...

Exactly my thought!

Douche
2016-03-17, 02:11 PM
Is this just a brainstorming session, or do you actually want us to guess what happened to you?

Tbh I would not have cut open the owlbear. I don't listen to anything wizards tell me. I woulda just nut-punched him and said "hahaha, geek!"

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-17, 02:16 PM
Is this just a brainstorming session, or do you actually want us to guess what happened to you?

Tbh I would not have cut open the owlbear. I don't listen to anything wizards tell me. I woulda just nut-punched him and said "hahaha, geek!"

:smallannoyed:
:smallconfused::smallwink:

:smallcool:

JumboWheat01
2016-03-17, 02:23 PM

And suddenly, the next thing you know, you're spending some time as a squirrel. And the rogue is laughing even harder.

Best not to tempt the wrath of those whose playthings include the very fabric of reality itself.

Douche
2016-03-17, 02:28 PM
And suddenly, the next thing you know, you're spending some time as a squirrel. And the rogue is laughing even harder.

Best not to tempt the wrath of those whose playthings include the very fabric of reality itself.

You mean the wrath of those who cower in the corner and need me to occupy our enemies so they can actually accomplish anything?

gullveig
2016-03-17, 02:56 PM
The gem in made of amber of a cannabis tree and the activation word make it sublime in a cloud of smoke.

It reminded the good old days when the rogue was a young pot junkie. He is getting his bong pipe that he put somewhere in the backpack.

The wizard insisted to get it because he never tried it and wanted to desperately now that his teacher isn't around anymore.

You are from a good traditional family, you didn't know the existence of this kind of thing. This is why you don't know what the hell is going on...

Waffle_Iron
2016-03-17, 03:36 PM

Just a brainstorming session. I like charop, but I get bored if that's the only thing I'm doing. :)

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-17, 03:49 PM
It reminded the good old days when the rogue was a

thief, and warlocks hadn't been invented yet.

There, I fixed it for you. :smalltongue:

HoarsHalberd
2016-03-17, 04:06 PM

The gem is known as the gem of masculinity, the naturally occurring ore that is processed into belts of masculinity. (I'm still annoyed my 7ft minotaur currently has become well endowed in the chest region.)

Hrugner
2016-03-17, 05:29 PM
Nothing happened, as the item doesn't function for the fighter. The activation phrase is a hilarious and crude joke though.

goto124
2016-03-18, 06:12 AM
The gem is known as the gem of masculinity, the naturally occurring ore that is processed into belts of masculinity.

Gives a whole new meaning to "the family jewels".

Regitnui
2016-03-18, 06:30 AM
The gem started glowing, because it's a bog standard Gem of Brightness. The rogue is laughing because she's been 'experimenting' with 'potions' again - who knows what she thinks she's seeing?

Better than her staring into the middle distance with those haunted eyes as she comes back from the land of dried frog pills.

Inevitability
2016-03-18, 06:49 AM

You live up to your username.

HoodedHero007
2016-03-19, 10:57 AM

It is a gem that casts tasha's hideous laughter on whoever the activater hates most

Dimcair
2016-03-19, 11:24 AM
The word was: "I fed the owl-bear AND prepared explosive runes this morning" anyone?

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-03-19, 11:45 AM
Absolutely nothing. The 'Activation Word' just turns out to be the name of a person the Gem was a gift for. The Rogue was laughing at a joke the cleric made about Owlbears defecating in forested areas.

HoodedHero007
2016-03-19, 05:25 PM
Absolutely nothing. The 'Activation Word' just turns out to be the name of a person the Gem was a gift for. The Rogue was laughing at a joke the cleric made about Owlbears defecating in forested areas.
Too boring, that

Norgrim Malgus
2016-03-19, 09:30 PM
The activation word forces the personalities of everyone in the group to switch bodies, and the Rogue (in the Wizards body) laughs because earlier that same day something happened which caused the Rogue to say, "What else could go wrong?"