PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying The Best Idea You Never Knew You Wanted Until You Got It: Magic Themeparks

INoKnowNames
2016-03-18, 01:22 AM
Okay, so me and my friends were having one of our conversations, and in the process of it I started doing some work on some D&D stuff, so I was in the mood for D&D Mechanics. When one of my friends mentions she's going to an Indoor Waterpark.

And then it suddenly hit me:

If we can have Arcane Trains and Elemental Airships, could we have Magic Themeparks and Waterparks?

It sounds kinda silly at first... but is it, though? I mean, not only could that be something a group of sorcerers could jigger up, but even improve upon.

Like, a Water Park... but with floating pools of water suspended above each other, with streams that flow into each other! You could swim to the top through the streams, then swim down, fall through the bottom of one pool, and into another! With a pool at the very bottom to keep people safe, of course.

I'd pay Disney World Prices for that!

And that's just the Water Park; think what Walt Disney could have done if he was a Wizard!

The Haunted Houses would -CERTAINLY- be far more legitimate. Or at least have far more convincing Illusions and Enchantments to make them seem scarier.

Heck, special effect shows could have even more awesome pyro-tech and explosions!

With more access to restorative magic and protective spells, the rides could be made even more intense than they already are. And you could probably use transmutations to make them even crazier: speed spells at the least to make them faster Faster FASTER!

Anything themed with animals becomes even more fun with transformative spells. One minute you're on a horse. Next minute, you're on a Pegasus, or even a Dinosaur! Dinosaur Ride! Without the risk of getting eaten, because they're all just trained Horses or Dogs.

One friend noted that the House of Mirrors would get even more radical, and that's not counting possible Teleporation Effects!

Heck, I offhandedly mentioned this at first, but this even has good applications for plot-hooks: if one of these parks were to malfunction, you'd -NEED- a group of heroes to help get everyone out safely!

Legitimately, this is the coolest idea I think I've ever accidentally had! And I want to pitch it to a Dm for a game I want to play. But I was hoping for more suggestions. What would you want in your Magic Themepark? What were your favorite rides, and how would you see them given form in a D&D setting?

ben-zayb
2016-03-18, 01:48 AM
Give this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?453275-Artificer-Disneyland) thread a look for ideas.

INoKnowNames
2016-03-18, 01:58 AM
Awesome. That's ****ing sick! I love it!