PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a song (D&D related)

Some Android
2016-03-18, 02:06 AM
Well maybe not D&D related, but definitely tabletop roleplaying related. The song in question is I think somewhere around 1-2 minutes long (though I could be wrong). Anyway here are the lyrics I can remember:

Baby come with me
To our own private reality
We can leave our troubles behind
As we set out a mystic quest of some kind
We'll get along just fine
I can tell by the way you're aligned
Life will be so sweet
When you're whatever it says you are on your character sheet
I wanna be your dungeon master
Watching you play it makes my heartbeat faster

Hope that's enough to indicate what song I'm looking for. Thanks.

tomandtish
2016-03-18, 10:23 AM
Well maybe not D&D related, but definitely tabletop roleplaying related. The song in question is I think somewhere around 1-2 minutes long (though I could be wrong). Anyway here are the lyrics I can remember:

Baby come with me
To our own private reality
We can leave our troubles behind
As we set out a mystic quest of some kind
We'll get along just fine
I can tell by the way you're aligned
Life will be so sweet
When you're whatever it says you are on your character sheet
I wanna be your dungeon master
Watching you play it makes my heartbeat faster

Hope that's enough to indicate what song I'm looking for. Thanks.

Only song I could find with some google searching that comes even remotely close is (mildly NSFW) Bae Goals (https://soundcloud.com/heavysigh/baegoals) by Heavy Sighs, and it is definitely not it.

Is it possible that someone took an existing song and changed the words?

JoshL
2016-03-18, 09:54 PM
I found a couple dead youtube links (from 2011) referencing a song "I Wanna Be Your Dungeon Master" by Mitch Benn, but I'm not seeing it on any of his albums (bandcamp/amazon/his own website/etc). It is listed on his Last.fm page, but only 2 people claiming to have listened to it. He does a podcast and music for the BBC show The Now Show, so it might have appeared on that (and possibly taken down from youtube). Anyway, can't find a recording of it, so can't confirm that is the one you're looking for, but it seems to be headed in the right direction.

Some Android
2016-03-19, 12:44 AM
I found a couple dead youtube links (from 2011) referencing a song "I Wanna Be Your Dungeon Master" by Mitch Benn, but I'm not seeing it on any of his albums (bandcamp/amazon/his own website/etc). It is listed on his Last.fm page, but only 2 people claiming to have listened to it. He does a podcast and music for the BBC show The Now Show, so it might have appeared on that (and possibly taken down from youtube). Anyway, can't find a recording of it, so can't confirm that is the one you're looking for, but it seems to be headed in the right direction.

Thank you. This does seem like a good lead, and I'll have to follow up on it.

Reddish Mage
2016-04-10, 08:50 PM
So any luck? I want to add this to my playlist?