PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next New Eldritch Invocations for Warlock: "Pact of the Blade"

Gastronomie
2016-03-18, 07:18 AM
Tomelocks get all the rituals. Chainlocks get Magical Resistance. And meanwhile Bladelock, is just... yeah.
The Bladelock is thematically my favorite class (I mean, it looks just so awesome), and I want it to be better. So some random ideas.

Eldritch Blade
Prerequisite: Pact of the Blade feature
You may choose to make attacks with your Pact Blade as Melee Spell Attacks. When doing so, you may add your Charisma bonus instead of your Strength or Dexterity bonus to the attack rolls and damage rolls of your Pact Blade.

Eldritch Blade Mastery
Prerequisite: warlock level 10, Pact of the Blade feature, Eldritch Blade
While you have the "Eldritch Blade" invocation, you may treat your attacks with your Pact Blade not as Melee Spell Attacks, but instead as Melee Weapon Attacks that add your Charisma bonus instead of your Strength or Dexterity bonus to its attack rolls and damage rolls.
NOTE-I don't know if this wording is correct. It's my best try. This means that from Level 10 and then on, the Pact Weapon can use CHA for its attack rolls and damage rolls, AND benefit from Polearm Master/Fighting Styles/GWF/Divine Smite/whatever.

Phantasmagoric Blade
When you summon your Pact Weapon, select a damage type: until you dismiss your weapon or take a short or long rest, your Pact Weapon deals this type of damage.

Morphic Blade
As a bonus action, you may transform your pact blade into any simple or martial weapon, simple piece of adventuring gear, or tool.

Twin Pact Blade
When you summon your Pact Weapon, you may summon an additional weapon. Neither weapon may have either the Heavy or Two-Handed traits. Additionally, you may bind an additional magical weapon to be your second Pact Weapons.

Metaphysical Body
Prerequisite: warlock level 15, Pact of the Blade feature
As an action or reaction, you may expend 1 pact magic slot to gain resistance to a damage type of your choice until you take a short or long rest. Once you use this ability, you must take a short or long rest before you can do so again.

Additional Ability of "Pact of the Blade"
When you choose this pact at third level, you may obtain one of "Eldritch Blade", "Phantasmagoric Blade", or "Twin Pact Blade" as an Eldritch Invocation. This does not count in the number of "Eldritch Invocations" you gain per level.
NOTE: You can obtain the above Invocations as normal Eldritch Invocations as well.

Eldritch Blade
You can use your Charisma Modifier (instead of your Strength or Dexterity modifier) when making attack rolls and damage rolls with your pact weapon.

(Below are the same)
Eldritch Blade
As a bonus action, you can decrease the level of one of your Warlock Spell Slots by 1, till the end of this short rest. Then, you can use your Charisma Modifier (instead of your Strength or Dexterity modifier) when making attack rolls and damage rolls with your pact weapon, till the end of the next short rest.
A Warlock cannot take both "Eldritch Blade" and "Agonizing Blast" at the same time (NOTE: I know it's a weird restriction, but this forces the Bladelock to be specialized in melee).

Phantasmagoric Blade
-When you summon your Pact Weapon, or on each of your turns as a bonus action, you may change the damage type of the weapon to any given damage type.
-When you summon your Pact Weapon, or on each of your turns as a bonus action, you may change its shape into various complex shapes (when doing so, it needs to keep its mass). For instance, you can change the tip of a dagger into the shape of a key so you may open a locked door. The DM has control over how complex the shapes may be.

Twin Pact Blade
-You can have up to two magical weapons as your Pact Weapon(s), instead of up to one.
-You can summon up to two pact weapons as an Action.

Metaphysical Body
-You have resistance to all non-magical slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage.
-When you would take damage, as a reaction, you may expend 1 Warlock spell slot. You then have resistance to the damage type of that damage (including magical damage), till you take a short rest.

SilverStud
2016-03-19, 11:51 PM
I like this! For reasons I'm sure are obvious to you. Especially the Eldritch Blade one. It gives players with really strict DMs a way to use CHA for their blade, which basically brings it up to par with the other boons.

Kellendros95
2016-03-20, 05:45 AM
I like this! For reasons I'm sure are obvious to you. Especially the Eldritch Blade one. It gives players with really strict DMs a way to use CHA for their blade, which basically brings it up to par with the other boons.

I think, strict DM will never allow this, becaus it's so-o-o OP. Really, I can't imagine bladelock who will not choose Eldritch Blade and Metaphysical Body.

Gastronomie
2016-03-20, 08:25 AM
I think, strict DM will never allow this, becaus it's so-o-o OP. Really, I can't imagine bladelock who will not choose Eldritch Blade and Metaphysical Body.
I created them so that they will not be overpowered though. At least I meant them to be not overpowered.

I agree with you that strict DMs will never allow this because most strict DMs will not allow homebrewing from the start. Then again, people like me hate strict DMs anyways and will not play with them no matter what (I mean, what's the point of playing a TRPG if the DM doesn't allow things that aren't printed? Those people should honestly just go play Final Fantasy or Pokemon instead), so it doesn't really matter right now.

However, if you are going to state "it's so-o-o OP" (a very vague term), please, please give me reasoning why you think so. Otherwise it doesn't even stand as an argument, and it's not very cooperative either.

Also, yes, me too, I can't imagine a Bladelock who will not choose those two because I FRIGGIN MADE THEM TO BE GOOD. I mean, like, yeah, I know you know, but, that's like their whole point in the first place, so.

Anyhow, I believe these are "balanced" based on the following reasoning:
-Warlocks are generally considered to be an underpowered class from the start (unless the DM allows a lot of short rests).
-Even if you are to build a warlock, if you want to make it strong, chances are you'd go for either Tome or Chain, since the former gives you a nice load of rituals, and the latter gives you magical resistance. Blade gives you... what? A nice badass blade? And... yes, that's it. Really, that's it. And since most Bladelocks multiclass into Fighter anyways, having proficiency in all weapons doesn't really count as a good reason why you'd ever choose it.
-The argument that this "Eldritch Blade" is "overpowered because it allows you to fight with just one stat (CHA)" is invalid and makes absolutely no sense, as Tomelocks and Chainlocks can fight with only CHA from the start. The same goes with every single other casting class, as well as most warriors. If you're mad about the Bladelock now being good in both melee and ranged with "just one stat", take a look at DEX weapons first. And DEX is generally the better stat than CHA, at least in fights with monsters.
-As of now, there is very little reason to slash with your weapon instead of spamming Eldritch Blast, unless you multiclass, take several costly feats, and do other tedious stuff. Given Bladelock is MAD from the start, this only worsens the case for them (chances are they can't max out their most required stats until very high levels, while most casters and warriors have already done that ages ago). This is not a well-designed option.
-Metaphysical Body is an upgraded version of the Oathbreaker Paladin's "Supernatural Resistance". However, for one, most strong monsters at this level have magical attacks, or melee attacks that count as magical - something frequently mentioned when discussing about Oathbreaker's power level. And for another, the warlock's HD is d8. He already has a handicap as a "frontline warrior".

Completely apart from that, from a "logical" perspective: The idea that a pact with a demon lord, or an archfey, or a great old one or whatever nets you a very badass looking blade, but the pact does not enhance your physical abilities of wielding said blade at all is...
...It's...
Well, you know, it's pretty darn stupid.
I mean, it's like Power Rangers, except the costumes don't strengthen their punches or kicks or whatever, just gives them their cool-looking weapons and that's it. How rediculous is that? Whoever designed Bladelock apparently thought this was acceptable. It's not. It's terrible design from the start and he should be ashamed of it.

Also, I don't want a Mahou Shoujo-ish character to be a mass of muscle.

If you have any counter-arguments please post them, I might be missing some stuff.
Just, I really love how Bladelock looks and I want them to be strengthened.

Kellendros95
2016-03-20, 09:02 AM
Anyhow, I believe these are "balanced" based on the following reasoning:
-Warlocks are generally considered to be an underpowered class from the start (unless the DM allows a lot of short rests).

Why would DM doesn't allow a lot of short rests? I can imagine it as a common situation only if party plays dungeondelve and nothing more happens. Normally, warlock tries to have a short rest after each one ore two fights.

-Even if you are to build a warlock, if you want to make it strong, chances are you'd go for either Tome or Chain, since the former gives you a nice load of rituals, and the latter gives you magical resistance. Blade gives you... what? A nice badass blade? And... yes, that's it. Really, that's it.

Blade gives you a possibility to use a magic weapon. Without magic weapons he's weak, yes. But... there always are magic weapons.

-The argument that this "Eldritch Blade" is "overpowered because it allows you to fight with just one stat (CHA)" is invalid and makes absolutely no sense, as Tomelocks and Chainlocks can fight with only CHA from the start. The same goes with every single other casting class, as well as most warriors. If you're mad about the Bladelock now being good in both melee and ranged with "just one stat", take a look at DEX weapons first. And DEX is generally the better stat than CHA, at least in fights with monsters.

With one stat you can
- go melee
- go melee with GWM with STR 8
- go melee with Polearm master and Sentinel with STR 8
- go range
- cast spells
- talk to people

-As of now, there is very little reason to slash with your weapon instead of spamming Eldritch Blast, unless you multiclass, take several costly feats, and do other tedious stuff. Given Bladelock is MAD from the start, this only worsens the case for them (chances are they can't max out their most required stats until very high levels, while most casters and warriors have already done that ages ago). This is not a well-designed option.

Magic weapons. Remember about magic weapons. And, with your invocation, about magic Greatswords.

-Metaphysical Body is an upgraded version of the Oathbreaker Paladin's "Supernatural Resistance". However, for one, most strong monsters at this level have magical attacks, or melee attacks that count as magical - something frequently mentioned when discussing about Oathbreaker's power level. And for another, the warlock's HD is d8. He already has a handicap as a "frontline warrior".

Ok, maybe.

And... warlock is OK in early and mid game. Warlock is really underpowered after 10th level. If you create more useful invocations for lategame, I think, it would be better.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-20, 12:07 PM
These are too strong. Especially the level 15 one. People will just take pact of the blade to take this invocation (especially if they start later). But the others are also too much. The idea is nice but it is too much

Gastronomie
2016-03-20, 06:36 PM
These are too strong. Especially the level 15 one. People will just take pact of the blade to take this invocation (especially if they start later). But the others are also too much. The idea is nice but it is too much
...You know, did you read my other post? Please give me reasoning, instead of just stating something is "too much". It's really vague and isn't really cooperative, as it doesn't give me any clues on "where I should fix".
Thanks on the note that the "idea is nice" though.

Why would DM doesn't allow a lot of short rests? I can imagine it as a common situation only if party plays dungeondelve and nothing more happens. Normally, warlock tries to have a short rest after each one ore two fights.Well, I suppose this depends on the DM so it's impossible to build a counter-argument to this. Okay.

Blade gives you a possibility to use a magic weapon. Without magic weapons he's weak, yes. But... there always are magic weapons.I don't really get the reasoning here though (of course I might be missing something). Are you talking about how Bladelock works good against monsters with resistance against non-magical weapon damage? But in that case, a normal Tomelock or Chainlock can always spam Eldritch Blast and surpass that resistance anyways. So...

With one stat you can
- go melee
- go range
- cast spells
- talk to peopleOkay. Perhaps I should delete the part about how Bladelocks get 1 extra invocation. That way it'd perhaps work better (given the limited number of Invocations).
And for that matter, a little tweak in its effect too...

And... warlock is OK in early and mid game. Warlock is really underpowered after 10th level. If you create more useful invocations for lategame, I think, it would be better.Hmmmm... sure. Will think some up. Can't think up many at this moment though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Did the below edits:
-Deleted the "one extra invocation" part
-Edited "Eldritch Blade" to have the following cost and restricton:
+A Warlock cannot take both "Eldritch Blade" and "Agonizing Blast" at the same time (I know it's a weird restriction, but this forces the Bladelock to be specialized in melee)
+As a cost, the Warlock must decrease 1 Warlock Spell Slot's level by 1 till the end of this short rest (then, the Warlock can use his CHA as his pact weapon's wielding stat till the short rest)

If these aren't enough, please tell me why. Again, thanks~

Submortimer
2016-03-22, 09:23 AM
While I don't PRECISELY agree with you that bladelocks are underpowered or worse than chainlocks or tomelocks, I can't begrudge you for giving them some more options.

Eldritch Blade
As a bonus action, you can decrease the level of one of your Warlock Spell Slots by 1, till the end of this short rest. Then, you can use your Charisma Modifier (instead of your Strength or Dexterity modifier) when making attack rolls and damage rolls with your pact weapon, till the end of the next short rest.
A Warlock cannot take both "Eldritch Blade" and "Agonizing Blast" at the same time (NOTE: I know it's a weird restriction, but this forces the Bladelock to be specialized in melee).

Way too complicated. I'm not going to get into the debate over weather or not allowing Bladelocks to get rid of their MAD issues is OP (Because I don't think it is), I think a cleaner way to do this would be like this:

Eldritch Blade
You may choose to make attacks with your Pact Blade as Melee Spell Attacks. You may add your Charisma Bonus instead of your Strength or Dexterity bonus to the damage of your Pact Blade.

That has a built in limiter, since many features which directly enhance Melee Weapon attacks (such as Dueling) require a Melee Weapon attack to work. Also, and this is just design philosophy here, when designing features you should NEVER create an ability which directly cuts off other class abilities.

Phantasmagoric Blade
-When you summon your Pact Weapon, or on each of your turns as a bonus action, you may change the damage type of the weapon to any given damage type.
-When you summon your Pact Weapon, or on each of your turns as a bonus action, you may change its shape into various complex shapes (when doing so, it needs to keep its mass). For instance, you can change the tip of a dagger into the shape of a key so you may open a locked door. The DM has control over how complex the shapes may be.

Again, probably too complicated...also, not a fan of the name, but that's just personal preference. Also, Invocations only give one bonus ability, not two.

Phantasmagoric Blade
When you summon your Pact Weapon, select a damage type: until you dismiss your weapon or take a short or long rest, your Pact Weapon deals this type of damage.

Morphic Blade
As a bonus action, you may transform your pact blade into any simple or martial weapon, simple piece of adventuring gear, or tool.

This is a lot simpler, provides nearly the same effect, and gives you an ability you wouldn't be able to get otherwise (transforming a magic item pact blade into a more suitable form).

Twin Pact Blade
-You can have up to two magical weapons as your Pact Weapon(s), instead of up to one.

No problems here, just need to clean up the format

Twin Pact Blade
When you summon your Pact Blade, you may summon an additional weapon. Neither weapon may have either the Heavy or Two-Handed traits. Additionally, you may bind an additional magical weapon to be your second pact blade.

Metaphysical Body
-You have resistance to all non-magical slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage.
-When you would take damage, as a reaction, you may expend 1 Warlock spell slot. You then have resistance to the damage type of that damage (including magical damage), till you take a short rest.

Yeah, whole lotta nope here. With this, you immediately outclass everything but the Bear barbarian in terms of damage mitigation, and that is far too much power. This ability would be overly strong as a 14th level class feature, not just as an invocation; as it is, this is so far above just being a must-have.

If you want something like this, here's a better option:

Metaphysical Body
As an action, you may expend 1 pact magic slot to gain resistance to a damage type of your choice until you take a short or long rest. Once you use this ability, you must take a short or long rest before you can do so again.

This one is not nearly so broken, and still worthy of being a high-level invocation.

Submortimer
2016-03-22, 09:33 AM
With one stat you can
- go melee
- go range
- cast spells
- talk to people

I don't totally agree that this is a problem. Specifically, with an already existing feat (Crossbow Expert) you can, with one stat:
- go melee
- go range
- cast spells
- talk to people

In fact, out of all of these, the only real problem becomes "go melee with Polearm master and Sentinel with STR 8". GWM isn't much use to a warlock, since they don't have an innate ability to apply advantage, and 2d6 is only marginally better than 1d10.

Even so, PAM only becomes an issue when you get Lifedrinker, since at that point it immediately outclasses melee-range Eldritch Blast (3d10+15 (31.5 avg) vs 2d10+1d4+30 (43.5 avg)). At level 17, it smooths itself out (4d10+20 (42 avg) vs 2d10+1d4+30 (43.5 avg)), but for those five levels PAM warlock would be king.

Grayfigure
2016-03-22, 10:42 AM
Tomelocks get all the rituals. Chainlocks get Magical Resistance. And meanwhile Bladelock, is just... yeah.
The Bladelock is thematically my favorite class (I mean, it looks just so awesome), and I want it to be better. So some random ideas.

Eldritch Blade

Phantasmagoric Blade

Twin Pact Blade

Metaphysical Body

Additional Ability of "Pact of the Blade"
When you choose this pact at third level, you may obtain one of "Eldritch Blade", "Phantasmagoric Blade", or "Twin Pact Blade" as an Eldritch Invocation. This does not count in the number of "Eldritch Invocations" you gain per level.
NOTE: You can obtain the above Invocations as normal Eldritch Invocations as well.

Eldritch Blade
You can use your Charisma Modifier (instead of your Strength or Dexterity modifier) when making attack rolls and damage rolls with your pact weapon.

(Below are the same)

My DM and I came to a similar conclusion about two magic weapons, but from the other side of the equation:

After some discussion, we worked out and resurrected the paired weapon from 4th edition and ported it to 5th. Worked Great for my Bladelock, allowing him to get decent to hit upgrades through his weapons, without overdoing by being able to to Pact a Holy Avenger and Dragonslayer.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-22, 02:24 PM
...You know, did you read my other post? Please give me reasoning, instead of just stating something is "too much". It's really vague and isn't really cooperative, as it doesn't give me any clues on "where I should fix".
Thanks on the note that the "idea is nice" though.

wow the sarcasm. I always give feedback on your monsters and you react 10% of the time. Now I give feedback on your subclass and it is not good enough for you just because I think you can better make monsters then unbalanced options? Yeah, don't expect feedback from me anymore. Why can't something just be too strong. The druid in 3.5 is also just too strong. I won't spill my time on you anymore

Gastronomie
2016-03-22, 10:23 PM
wow the sarcasm. I always give feedback on your monsters and you react 10% of the time. Now I give feedback on your subclass and it is not good enough for you just because I think you can better make monsters then unbalanced options? Yeah, don't expect feedback from me anymore. Why can't something just be too strong. The druid in 3.5 is also just too strong. I won't spill my time on you anymore
You gave me feedback on my monsters...?
*Goes off to check*
Oh, you did. Sorry, I didn't really pay attention to everyone's usernames. Some people like NinjaPrawn with their own avatars, I remember, but everyone on here has basically the same avatar and... yeah, I couldn't distinguish them from one another, to be honest.
Just for the record, checking back, I did react to most of your feedback (not all of them, though - this is because I had some college entrance exams to do, sorry for that), and when you gave me constructive critisism, I always edited my homebrew material in one way or another, based on what you told me.

For instance, in the "Pyromancer" thread:

10 times disadvantage is boring. Maybe one option more and less points, seriously no enemy is lasting 10 rounds (bosses can but every round a nova option ?).

True - thanks. Edited a bit.
Well, the original idea had Quickened as well, but I decided it was overpowered and erased it. Gave it Twinned instead. How's this?

Sounds good, I just suggested burning hands because I thought one first level spell is even for a sorta sorcerer low but there isn't a problem with it.

Well, I suppose that's true. Added Burning Hands just in case.

And in the "Oathbreaker" thread:

Stats seem too high, even assassins or (arch)mages don't come really close, humanoids just don't have these. Maybe 17/18 con and 19str. You could instead of +4 say cha mod (min 1) because a feeblemind or something can target this creature and the bonus would be the same. Any non-good alingment would make more sense and madness smite is too weak and would be a bad choice.

Well, I think it needs about this much HP for it to be a frontline fighter though. But true about stats.
Lowered his STR to 18 (from 20) and CHA to 17 (from 18). Also changed how his madness works.
Better now?

So... yeah, I did appreciate your comments in these threads because they were constructive and helpful, and I made edits based on your detailed critisism. They gave me examples of what I should do. They're good examples of "feedback".
And compared to the above examples of good feedback you previously gave me,

...Is not very helpful, nor constructive, nor detailed. It doesn't give me an alternative option, a new way how I should fix things. Just stating something is bad doesn't help, because most of the time, the guy who made that "bad" thing... didn't do it on purpose. At least he thought it was right. So he needs help from other people, not in the form of "this is bad", but in the form of "this is bad, so change A to B and X to Y and add Z to compensate" or something like that. (I don't think I'm saying anything wrong here, am I...?)

Well, if you got angry and don't want to comment anymore, that's your right to do so, though it certainly is a shame. Just saying, I don't think I said anything really "wrong" or "mean" here. I just asked it to be detailed like in your previous good comments, that's all.

Way too complicated. I'm not going to get into the debate over weather or not allowing Bladelocks to get rid of their MAD issues is OP (Because I don't think it is), I think a cleaner way to do this would be like this:

Eldritch Blade
You may choose to make attacks with your Pact Blade as Melee Spell Attacks. You may add your Charisma Bonus instead of your Strength or Dexterity bonus to the damage of your Pact Blade.

That has a built in limiter, since many features which directly enhance Melee Weapon attacks (such as Dueling) require a Melee Weapon attack to work. Also, and this is just design philosophy here, when designing features you should NEVER create an ability which directly cuts off other class abilities.
I see, that balances stuff up. Thanks! (I honestly was iffy about the "No Agonizing" thing from the start, so...)
Perhaps, based on Kellendros95's comment that "warlocks are UP from level 10"... Adding a new invocation that allows the attacks to be melee weapon attacks, plus a Fighting Style?

Again, probably too complicated...also, not a fan of the name, but that's just personal preference. Also, Invocations only give one bonus ability, not two.

Phantasmagoric Blade

Morphic Blade

This is a lot simpler, provides nearly the same effect, and gives you an ability you wouldn't be able to get otherwise (transforming a magic item pact blade into a more suitable form).
Trudat. Thanks~

No problems here, just need to clean up the format

Twin Pact Blade
When you summon your Pact Blade, you may summon an additional weapon. Neither weapon may have either the Heavy or Two-Handed traits. Additionally, you may bind an additional magical weapon to be your second pact blade.
Thanks, I'm not really good with the format. Appreciating it.

Yeah, whole lotta nope here. With this, you immediately outclass everything but the Bear barbarian in terms of damage mitigation, and that is far too much power. This ability would be overly strong as a 14th level class feature, not just as an invocation; as it is, this is so far above just being a must-have.

If you want something like this, here's a better option:

Metaphysical Body
As an action, you may expend 1 pact magic slot to gain resistance to a damage type of your choice until you take a short or long rest. Once you use this ability, you must take a short or long rest before you can do so again.

This one is not nearly so broken, and still worthy of being a high-level invocation.
Mmmm....I personally would like it to be a reaction, but otherwise, okay, perhaps deleting the first part. It is just an invocation after all.

Editing a lot, based on your feedback. Thanks~

My DM and I came to a similar conclusion about two magic weapons, but from the other side of the equation:

After some discussion, we worked out and resurrected the paired weapon from 4th edition and ported it to 5th. Worked Great for my Bladelock, allowing him to get decent to hit upgrades through his weapons, without overdoing by being able to to Pact a Holy Avenger and Dragonslayer.
Sorry, I dun know 4e. Could you please explain to me what it was like...?

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-23, 01:34 AM
Always? You also often didn't. You did at the beginning, sure. But well, you're right it was more often. More on top topic I think it was just too strong. That's all. If you can't use that then don't

Gastronomie
2016-03-23, 02:54 AM
Always? You also often didn't. You did at the beginning, sure. But well, you're right it was more often. More on top topic I think it was just too strong. That's all. If you can't use that then don't
Um... You know, I checked every single page of homebrew I have ever done on this forum.
And know what? I found only one thread in which I did not reply to your feedback (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478307-CR-12-Oriental-Theme-Monster-The-Gasha-Dokuro-(Colossal-Skeleton)-PEACH), and this was due to me being busy IRL at the time, as aforementioned. And I did not find even one thread in which I did not edit my material based on constructive critism you gave me. I followed all advice you gave me. I hesitated once in the Pyromancer thread, but eventually gave in with even that, leaving not a single case in which I ever ignored constructive critisism.
"Often didn't" is nothing but a misconception, an exaggeration by far. I can understand you were pissed off by my post but your logic doesn't really stand here.

And for that note, yeah, the other guys did give me "other ways to go", and I made a lot of edits based on them. So what do you think of the current version?

Submortimer
2016-03-23, 10:23 AM
Adding a new invocation that allows the attacks to be melee weapon attacks, plus a Fighting Style?

I don't think this is needed. By level 10, you should have been able to build towards being a proper melee fighter or not. The invocation for a fighting style isn't a bad idea, though, and it's one I have used in other games.

SilverStud
2016-03-25, 12:33 AM

I don't have the largest amount of experience with DMs in general. You're right about strict DMs not allowing homebrew, I'm sure. What I meant was that some DMs are fine with just houseruling that warlocks can use CHA for their blade. For those that don't like that idea, this comes with some built in limitations to justify the CHA use(having to use invocations for it).

Also, Ender Dwarf. Gastro was just reacting to the fact that after he specifically asked for justified criticism, you popped in with "it's too much" and no explanation. Not a comment on your responses in general, though they are often similar. No need to be unhappy.

InstaEdit: P.S. I like these updated versions. They're cleaner.