PDA

View Full Version : Build help plz

Sir cryosin
2016-03-18, 09:23 AM
How does things work if I mc paladin and warlock how does the spell slots work and the main reason I want to mc in to warlock is the refresh slots on short rest for smites the invocations are a added bonus so what lv should I mc. I was thinking about taking a 1lv dip at 3lv then going palay 6 at lv then hitting warlock hard but don't know when to stop and continue palay.

PeteNutButter
2016-03-18, 09:32 AM
How does things work if I mc paladin and warlock how does the spell slots work and the main reason I want to mc in to warlock is the refresh slots on short rest for smites the invocations are a added bonus so what lv should I mc. I was thinking about taking a 1lv dip at 3lv then going palay 6 at lv then hitting warlock hard but don't know when to stop and continue palay.

The breakpoints for paladin are as follows: lvl 2 (SMITE!), lvl 6 (amazing saves), level 7(if your path is strong), lvl 11 (imp smite), or 12 for ASI.

IMO you can go paladin 2 and never look back (maybe go bladelock so you still get extra attack) or go paladin 6, and cut it off.

The spell slots between the classes are separate. You could smite with your warlock slots every time you short rest, but only 1 level of warlock is only 1 first level smite. If you plan on going warlock at all before 5, I'd make sure to get at least 2 levels of it to double that smite output per short rest.

CantigThimble
2016-03-18, 09:42 AM
Hrmm, it seems like it could be really nice to go tomelock for Shillelagh so you can have all your spells, saves and attacks based around one stat. Probably the best way to do that is paladin 2 (for heavy armor, smite and dueling style) and then tomelock 3, and then paladin 6 and then straight warlock. You can rely on GFB until you get extra attack at level 8. The issue is the build doesn't really hit it's stride until level 9-10. At level 10 you have maxed charisma, extra attack and everything is pretty great but before then you lag a bit behind, especially at levels 5-7.

Corran
2016-03-18, 11:27 AM
Need more details. For starters, what is your oath?

Sir cryosin
2016-03-18, 01:33 PM
Need more details. For starters, what is your oath?

I have not put this character on paper just thinking it out and seeing what would work.

Ewhit
2016-03-18, 01:43 PM
I agree with concept on using warlock slots for your paladin. They both get his own spell table. Now as for what you want to emphasize on Pali or wlk. Pact blade and Lvl 5 or 6 wlk give u 2 attack but only with pact blade if u want Cha bonus Lvl 12 wlk. If you wNt more spell option cantrip rituals go tome or get chain for a special familiar which is more rp except scouting.