PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Class that dont stop running?

killingfish
2016-03-18, 04:18 PM
I want to play a class that dont stop moving, so im looking for high speed. Also how would i move in and out of threaten areas without provoking.
I belive the best class for this is scout but i dont know. can anyone suggest a build.
32 point abilty score
no druids
no Psionics
no homebrew
no campaign settings
max of 3 classes + favoured class + 1 Prestige

Thanks to anyone who supports the noobs of DND 3.5

Sillybird99
2016-03-18, 04:25 PM
Scout could be decent, but I am thinking the swiftblade Prc is your best bet. They specialize in using haste to move and attack all over the battle field.

Also take the Expeditious dodge feat instead of standard dodge if you plan on moving a lot.

There is a swiftblade handbook. Check Google :)

EDIT: tumble skill allows you to not provoke AoO with a successful check

Kelvarius
2016-03-18, 04:33 PM
Scout is certainly one option, especially if you like ranged attacks.

If you're looking for melee options, any Dex based class would work. Swashbuckler comes specifically to mind, though Rogue, Ninja, or even Monk might also be feasible. Other than Monk, they don't get any movement speed increase, but you can max out tumble to move in and around the battlefield without provoking Attacks of Opportunities.

Swashbuckler specifically has class features that make things like moving through rough terrain on the battlefield don't apply, which is a weakness of mobile characters. I think Ninja might have something similar, but I don't remember offhand.

As for feats, there's always the Dodge > Spring Attack ones. Move in, attack, move back out. You don't get the option to do a Full Attack this way, though.

Speaking of feats, there's also one that increases speed by 5 feet. I can't remmeber it's name or book right now, though. I think it's in one of the Complete books, possible Adventurer.

There's also the Quick trait, from Unearthed Arcana, which increases speed by 10 feet at the cost of 1 HP per level.

Otherwise there's the old tried and true method of magic.

MisterKaws
2016-03-18, 04:40 PM
Swordsage.
Scout 3/Ranger X with the Swift Hunter feat.
Mounted Combat.
Be a Monk and use Throw Anything on yourself ("A Monk's entire body is a weapon"/"You can treat a Monk's Unarmed attack as a manufactured weapon"). This one is subject to your DM's disposition towards funny shenanigans, because this is actually pretty weak.