PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Adding to the Book: the Wu Jen's Spell List

TheBrassDuke
2016-03-18, 05:51 PM
I know "optimizing" probably isn't the best prefix for this thread, but I figured it fit. At least a little.

So as the title says, I'm looking to expand the Wu Jen's Spell list, combing through the many books for some good ones.

I think adding to her "All" list might work, too. I don't remember seeing "Mirror Image" on the list, but I feel such an Oriental-style class should boast some more creativity. Imagine the possibilities!

Looking for flavorful "Eastern Elements" spells, as well as those classified under "All" or Universal.

Thanks for the help!

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-18, 06:06 PM
There's always good old wyrm wizard to pick up the absolute must-haves.

Beyond that, it's a question of which spells you're looking to get. Arcane disciple is good if it appears on any domain lists and you can afford the wisdom or it's low level. There's ten levels in rainbow servant to nab the entire cleric list. Arcane disciple for the spell domain gets you anyspell and greater anyspell to cover any random arcane spell under 5th level.

Like I said, it all depends on what it is you're looking to add. As for "eastern" flavor, the wu-jen list has just about all of the really good ones already.

TheBrassDuke
2016-03-18, 06:24 PM
I'm just looking to expand the list, really. Nothing specific, not even overly Eastern. Just something to complement her already great list.

ben-zayb
2016-03-18, 06:35 PM
Didn't Spell Compendium already have some guideline on which of its spells to add on the Wu-Jen list?

TheBrassDuke
2016-03-18, 06:37 PM
Not which spells to add, exactly. But it did say you could flavor some for the Wu Jen.

darksolitaire
2016-03-18, 06:59 PM
There's always good old wyrm wizard to pick up the absolute must-haves.

Beyond that, it's a question of which spells you're looking to get. Arcane disciple is good if it appears on any domain lists and you can afford the wisdom or it's low level. There's ten levels in rainbow servant to nab the entire cleric list. Arcane disciple for the spell domain gets you anyspell and greater anyspell to cover any random arcane spell under 5th level.

Like I said, it all depends on what it is you're looking to add. As for "eastern" flavor, the wu-jen list has just about all of the really good ones already.

Wyrm Wizard is there to get divine spells. For arcane ones, I'd go for Mage of Arcane Order. It has the utility caster/primary arcanist vibe.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-18, 07:51 PM
Wyrm Wizard is there to get divine spells. For arcane ones, I'd go for Mage of Arcane Order. It has the utility caster/primary arcanist vibe.

The spellpool that makes MotAO work only contains core sorc/wiz spells according to the sidebar. It's also -very- questionable if you can call spells that aren't on your list. Take the above advice with a healthy grain of salt.