PDA

View Full Version : New character

Monk of love
2016-03-18, 10:02 PM
So I was wondering if there were any good shadowcraft mage, incantrix or druids builds out there anyone has or knows of, an "invincible" builds for magic tanking would also be ok.

Most material except for dragon magazine,
class level 12 and 42 point build

I'm in a high optimized campaign(other players are) and I'm not great so any known builds or if you have one for a backup character would be helpful^^

ATHATH
2016-03-18, 10:11 PM
How optimized is "highly optimized"?

Monk of love
2016-03-18, 10:27 PM
How optimized is "highly optimized"?

Artificer level optimized.

Tiri
2016-03-18, 10:30 PM
Artificer level optimized.

Well, an artificer is not necessarily optimized.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-18, 10:41 PM
Indeed, an artificer can be anything from gond's little brother to a sorcerer-equivalent whose spells all have a material component of a couple GP.

Just google a wizarding handbook, pick your banned schools and go to town with incantatrix.

Monk of love
2016-03-18, 10:47 PM
Well I don't have the builds on hand as they keep it secret but I've seen plenty of cheese, and we often go up against much higher cr creatures

ATHATH
2016-03-18, 10:49 PM
Well I don't have the builds on hand as they keep it secret but I've seen plenty of cheese, and we often go up against much higher cr creatures
How much higher?

What kind of "cheese"?

2016-03-18, 10:52 PM
My suggestion would be to build a Shadowcraft Mage that also dips into Incantatrix for at least 3 levels (and possibly for all 10). Here's a few relevant handbooks:
Shadowcraft Mage Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5638.0)
Metamagic and You: A Thesis (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9876.0)

You'll also want to look for general advice on taking advantage of the class features the Incantatrix has, but I haven't ever found a handbook for it I really liked, personally (although this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?223438-3-5-Incantatrix-Handbook-(WIP)) does okay).

Amusingly (at least to me), the metamagic handbook is written as if being a Thesis by an actual Shadowcraft Mage who got bored and needed something new to study and master.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-03-18, 10:58 PM
Okay, you want a good druid build; druid 20. Seriously. Planar sheperd is just about the only thing that makes a druid strictly better than just sticking to druid all the way through. Get familiar with the options for the summon nature's ally spells, stock up on BFC spells, pickup natural spell at 6, be the strongest bear your HD cap allows, wreck face, and enjoy the carnage. You can take or leave the animal companion, it's just a bit of icing on all that delicious T1 power cake.

MisterKaws
2016-03-19, 06:15 AM
Be a Druid.
Turn into a bear.
Cast Greater Luminous Armor.
Cast Bite of the Werebear(which I believe is a 6th for Druids) at every encounter.
???
Profit!

Companion Spellbond makes that double profit. Turning into a Fleshraker instead, as well as having one for a companion, makes it quadruple profit. Seriously, that thing rocks.

Pale Sun
2016-03-19, 12:00 PM
For Cleric/Archivist you can go Stuff 10/Dweomerkeeper 10

If you want to go Wizard you can do Wizard 5/Incantatrix 10/Shadowcraft Mage 5 or Wizard 5/Incantatrix 10/War Weaver 5 or even Wizard 3/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7/Incantatrix 10 via an early entry trick.

For Druid you can go Druid 10/Planar Shepherd 10, pick Region of Dreams from MotP. You have a 10:1 time ratio with your Planar Bubble (and you dont use spell slots while inside it) and can Wild Shape into any Outsider you can dream (aka Any) as the plane contains every manner of creature. At level 12 with a Skin of Kaletor (which sadly is Dragon Magazine stuff) and a Wildshape Amulet you should be able to either turn into Zargon for 14 attacks/round at 50 STR or a Secundus for Cleric 20 casting and Sorcerer 20 casting on top of your normal Druid casting. Note that you will get the DMG thrown at you.