PDA

View Full Version : Help me on my splurges.

doliemaster
2007-06-20, 07:50 AM
Hello OOTS forums I am asking you to help me decide wether or not I will like some tabletop games I see at my local used-book store where I have to buy my gaming materials. I go their on saturdays with my saved up money for a miny-spulge and buy a book or two with this money from the tabletop section which is unfortunately small. Anyway when I go I see multiple things that might be fun but I don't know, so I am asking you guys to help me decide if what I see is fun or not by leaving a review for which I would be very greatful. Now there are currently three things their which have caught my eye.
D20 apcolypse-$9.95
Star wars Dark empire sourcebook-$9.95
Ars Magica 4th edition-$14.50

Please leave a review of these if you would be willing to help me decide on which of these I should buy this week.

Matthew
2007-06-23, 07:19 AM
Dark Empire Sourcebook? Is it D6? I have the D6 version and it was okay, but you kind of need to be familiar with the source material.

Ars Magicka 4th Edition is good, but it's also free to download.

D20 Apocolypse, I am not familiar with.

bosssmiley
2007-06-23, 11:37 AM
D20 apcolypse-$9.95

How wrong can you go for $10? Flip through in the store if possible. If you see three pages that catch your eye; 'ave it!

Ars Magica 4th edition-$14.50.

Do you have any previous edition of "Ars Magica" in your gaming collection? If not, you need this book! It's a how-to of flavour for arcane casters and a fantastic DM source for a low-magic gameworld. If you know the True20 d20 variant system at all you'll spot some interesting correspondences with AM.
You cannot lose in buying this game.

If you want to try before you buy there's a free legal download of "Ars Magica" available online - RPGgateway.com possibly?