PDA

View Full Version : Gear/Mechanical themed

amdskitzo
2016-03-19, 06:56 AM
Hello all,

I came across the Mechanus Domain and while it didn't turn out to be quite what I was expecting, perhaps a side affect of working overnight. It did give me an idea for a Warforged cleric spreading the word of Mechanus and law.

I've spent a good amount of time looking for gear or mechanical themed feats, spells and/or classes to fluff out the character. I do know of the Artificer, but that wouldn't really fit the bill I think.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thurbane
2016-03-19, 07:24 AM
Well, there's Mechanus Gear armor (in Planar Handbook).

There's also Clockwork Armor, in an online Wizards article.

There's a spell that summons a construct made of gears to fight for you - can't remember the source, or if Cleric get access.

...just got home late from a poker game, so don't have all the links right now.

MisterKaws
2016-03-19, 07:26 AM
Cloistered Cleric/Law Incarnate/Sapphire Hierarch with Law and Mechanus domains, wearing a Mithril Mechanus Gear with wand sheaths for the mandatory Iron Man cosplay. Bind Soulmeld(Mauling Gauntlets) plus Split Chakra and Battlefists also makes for a great way of "convincing" people to accept the words of Mechanus.

Inevitability
2016-03-19, 07:34 AM
Cleric/Law Incarnate/Sapphire Hierarch with Law and Mechanus domains, wearing a Mithril Mechanus Gear with wand sheaths for the mandatory Iron Man cosplay. Bind Soulmeld(Mauling Gauntlets) plus Split Chakra and Battlefists also makes for a great way of "convincing" people to accept the words of Mechanus.

Doesn't work. A planar domain, like the Mechanus domain, takes up both of your domain choices. You'll need another way to gain the Law domain if you want to enter Sapphire Hierarch.

MisterKaws
2016-03-19, 09:27 AM
Doesn't work. A planar domain, like the Mechanus domain, takes up both of your domain choices. You'll need another way to gain the Law domain if you want to enter Sapphire Hierarch.

Cloistered.

Inevitability
2016-03-19, 09:57 AM
Cloistered.

Still impossible unless you have a liberal DM.

A planar domain counts as both of a cleric's domain choices.

Your 'domain choices' are by definition the domains you choose. You don't choose Knowledge, you're given it through an ACF. All being a cloistered cleric would do is give you the Knowledge domain.

MisterKaws
2016-03-19, 05:28 PM
Still impossible unless you have a liberal DM.

Your 'domain choices' are by definition the domains you choose. You don't choose Knowledge, you're given it through an ACF. All being a cloistered cleric would do is give you the Knowledge domain.

There are quite a great amount of ways to retrain it, not really a problem as long as your DM hates fun builds, since this is pretty low-OP.

Malimar
2016-03-19, 05:45 PM
If you get to play in Eberron, the Becoming God is one of my all-time favorite deities. Warforged are all like "We don't have a god? Let's assemble one out of scraps and spare parts!"