PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF version of Oriental Adventures?

Blackhawk748
2016-03-19, 04:15 PM
What it says on the tin, im planning on running an Oriental themed game and im wondering if Pathfinder has a resource for this.

Sayt
2016-03-19, 04:55 PM
The closest pathfinder probably has is the Dragon Empires Gazeteer, but at my memory that was mostly a setting book with some minor, underwhelming mechanical stuff thrown in.

Bestiary 3 might be helpful, containing Oni, Kami, Imperial Dragons, Kappa, etc.

Otherwise, there's the Jade Regent AP, which was Paizo's pretty decent go at doing a far-eastern themed adventure, but mostly they've been developing the Inner Sea region.

Milo v3
2016-03-19, 08:27 PM
For the setting, there is the Dragon Empires Gazeteer for the Golarion setting, and for mechanics of that region there is the Dragon Empires Primer.

Things like oriental weapons can be found in Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Equipment, oriental classes of samurai and ninja can be found in Ultimate Combat, monks can be found in CRB and Unchained, many classes have oriental themed archetypes such as their being Metal/Wood element Wizards, Sacred Fists warpriests, Shigenjo oracles, Kami Mediums, Onmyoji spiritualists, kensai magus can be found here and there, finally there is some extra content for the oriental races of kitsune/nagaji/samsaran/tengu/vanara*/vishkanya*/wayang in Advanced Race Guide.

And there are various oriental monsters throughout the bestiaries.

Starbuck_II
2016-03-20, 01:38 AM
The closest pathfinder probably has is the Dragon Empires Gazeteer, but at my memory that was mostly a setting book with some minor, underwhelming mechanical stuff thrown in.

Bestiary 3 might be helpful, containing Oni, Kami, Imperial Dragons, Kappa, etc.

Otherwise, there's the Jade Regent AP, which was Paizo's pretty decent go at doing a far-eastern themed adventure, but mostly they've been developing the Inner Sea region.

Jade Regent isn't much eastern till book 3-4, instead you fight Vikings in book 2.
Yes, in Book 1 there is some eastern, but really small amount.

They wanted a round the world in 80 days theme first.

raygun goth
2016-03-20, 03:07 AM
There's also a lot of material in Occult Adventures, as most of the classes have an Oriental-Adventures archetype and there's a lot of potential for themes from India shuffling around between those covers.

Psyren
2016-03-20, 10:58 AM
IIRC there is Tian Xia stuff in the pipeline but not a whole lot yet aside from what was mentioned above. If you don't want to wait, I'd say adapt the existing oriental-themed stuff from 3.5 and borrow heavily from B3. You should also have little trouble converting things like taint and honor.

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-03-20, 11:09 AM
There are multiple PFS scenarios that take place in Tian Xia.

JerichoPenumbra
2016-03-23, 02:50 AM
There's a 3rd party supplement called Dragon Tiger Ox that is for running Wuxia styled games.

Florian
2016-03-23, 03:02 AM
IIRC there is Tian Xia stuff in the pipeline but not a whole lot yet aside from what was mentioned above.

If you know anything, care to share?

Last thing I saw is the Hobgoblin capital city in Distant Shores.

atemu1234
2016-03-23, 08:18 AM
I don't know if you're opposed to converting 3e/3.5e stuff, but I feel like some of the original stuff (Hengeyokai, in particular, and maybe some Rokugan stuff) is actually pretty cool and useful.

Tuvarkz
2016-03-23, 03:53 PM
I'd say Tian Xia stuff, and you certainly want Dreamscarred Press's Path of War for the martial characters.