PDA

View Full Version : Construct Party

frogglesmash
2016-03-20, 02:17 AM
I've been toying with the idea of a campaign where all the players play as defective constructs (i.e. intelligent and free willed) originally intended to be soldiers in the army of one BBEG or another. I was thinking of a mechanical/clockwork aesthetic to unify all the constructs and was wondering what humanoid constructs fit that sort of description. One that I definitely want to use is the Nimblewright from MMII so suggestions similar in power to that would be appreciated.

ATHATH
2016-03-20, 02:40 AM
Reflux fed Warforged could fit the bill.

frogglesmash
2016-03-20, 02:44 AM
Reflux fed Warforged could fit the bill.

I'm not familiar with this. In which book(s) would I find the rules to make a Warorged "Reflux fed."

ATHATH
2016-03-20, 03:00 AM
I meant "refluffed".

Stupid autocorrect...

frogglesmash
2016-03-20, 03:03 AM
I meant "refluffed".

Stupid autocorrect...

That is far less interesting, but makes far more sense.

unseenmage
2016-03-20, 04:55 AM
The Effigy Template can be used to construct-ify almost any living creature, including base humanoids like elves and humans. And the human bonus feat would/should be retained (as would any other Ex base racial traits).

There's also a madness themed stronger version of the above in Lords of Madness as well if more power is desired. (Named the Eldritch something template? Sorry on mobile and can't remember.)

For 3rd party stuff Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary has the overpowered Clockwork Creature template and the, less overpowered but far more complex, Amalgam Template.
With the latter any creature combined with a Construct results in a construct so the variations are endless. Just use the Warforged as a base creature and season to taste.

You could also take a look at Pathfinder's race builder over at the PRD or PFSRD websites. It works decently, but again, can be very complex.
Of especial note is the Half-Construct racial trait. All the flavor of playing a Construct with half the calories.