PDA

View Full Version : Spellcaster Balanciing

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 09:49 PM
Hey so I have been developing a homebrew system based on pathfinder. I currently have slowed the spell progression down so that full spellcasters will be reaching 5th level spells about the same time they would normally gain access to 9th level spells.

I have combat spells which are level 1-3 and scale up duo to equipment the spellcaster gains as they level up. I have developed a spell lists for both divine and arcane spellcasters removing all the spells which were blatantly better than a spell of the same level. Another mechanic I have added to spellcasting is concentration which means you can only have one concentration spell up at a time (Its simular to 5E but you can't lose the spell being hit)

Have I gone far enough to bring wizards and clerics down to the level of a tier 3/4 class. Have I actually gone a bit too far and made it so Wizards are just underpowered and not able to do any of the cool stuff they are meant to do when they reach higher levels.

In combat wizards cast spells from pathfinder like sleep and they are also good at AOE spells.

Wizard and Cleric Spell Progression

1st: 1
2nd: 4
3rd: 8
4th: 12
5th: 16

ThePurple
2016-03-20, 10:54 PM
Hey so I have been developing a homebrew system based on pathfinder. I currently have slowed the spell progression down so that full spellcasters will be reaching 5th level spells about the same time they would normally gain access to 9th level spells.

Part of the problem with spellcasters in non-4e editions of D&D is that they start off incredibly weak due to the hell that is Vancian magic, only able to cast 1-2 spells per day and being absolutely terrible at anything that isn't spellcasting (except for CoD, which are OP largely because they're only slightly less potent spellcasters than wizards are while getting to wear the best armor and using weapons, attack bonuses, and saves that don't just suck).

If you're looking to balance out and smooth out spellcasters in a homebrew, you need to make low level casters better at spellcasting and high level casters worse. You've already done the latter. Now you just need to do the former.

What I'd probably do is make it so that spellcasters can get a whole slew of level 1 spells, even at level 1, and, for higher level spells, that number is lower and can never quite get up to the same. For example, a level 1 wizard can use 5 level 1 spells per day, which increases each level until they can finally use 11 per day at level 8. At level 3, they unlock level 2 spells, but are only able to use 3 of them per day, which increase at a slower rate than level 1 spells, until they can use 8 per day at level 10. The same applies to higher level spells following a similar decreasing progression in maximum number of spells of that level per day until you reach level 5 spells (or whatever you decide the strongest spells should be), which can only be cast 2 per day when they first get them at and that only increases by 1-2 more by the time they hit level 20.

The other option would be to allow wizards to "recharge" lower level spells faster, so that a level 1 wizard still only gets 2-3 level 1 spells per day, but can recharge those level 1 spell slots in 10 minutes. A level 2 spell might take 30 minutes, a level 3 spell an hour, a level 4 spell 4 hours, and a level 5 spell takes a full 8 hour rest.

Of course, I'm a fan of 4e, which explicitly separates at-will, encounter, and daily spells based upon their relative power level rather than trying to have spells operate as the one and only thing you'll do for the entire encounter/day and then have them operate as throwaway spells at higher levels.

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 11:25 PM
Part of the problem with spellcasters in non-4e editions of D&D is that they start off incredibly weak due to the hell that is Vancian magic, only able to cast 1-2 spells per day and being absolutely terrible at anything that isn't spellcasting (except for CoD, which are OP largely because they're only slightly less potent spellcasters than wizards are while getting to wear the best armor and using weapons, attack bonuses, and saves that don't just suck).

If you're looking to balance out and smooth out spellcasters in a homebrew, you need to make low level casters better at spellcasting and high level casters worse. You've already done the latter. Now you just need to do the former.

What I'd probably do is make it so that spellcasters can get a whole slew of level 1 spells, even at level 1, and, for higher level spells, that number is lower and can never quite get up to the same. For example, a level 1 wizard can use 5 level 1 spells per day, which increases each level until they can finally use 11 per day at level 8. At level 3, they unlock level 2 spells, but are only able to use 3 of them per day, which increase at a slower rate than level 1 spells, until they can use 8 per day at level 10. The same applies to higher level spells following a similar decreasing progression in maximum number of spells of that level per day until you reach level 5 spells (or whatever you decide the strongest spells should be), which can only be cast 2 per day when they first get them at and that only increases by 1-2 more by the time they hit level 20.

The other option would be to allow wizards to "recharge" lower level spells faster, so that a level 1 wizard still only gets 2-3 level 1 spells per day, but can recharge those level 1 spell slots in 10 minutes. A level 2 spell might take 30 minutes, a level 3 spell an hour, a level 4 spell 4 hours, and a level 5 spell takes a full 8 hour rest.

Of course, I'm a fan of 4e, which explicitly separates at-will, encounter, and daily spells based upon their relative power level rather than trying to have spells operate as the one and only thing you'll do for the entire encounter/day and then have them operate as throwaway spells at higher levels.

Ok so what I have done for the low level is make cantrips somewhat potent. You will still be doing a lot less damage than if you were a damage dealing class but still be relevant (None of that 1D3 acid splash here). As for being good at low levels I use an SP system which means you start out with about 5 first level spells per day.

SP Costs are as followed
1: 1 SP
2: 2 SP
3: 4 SP
4: 8 SP
5:16 SP

To put that into comparison you will have roughly these numbers of SP you can spend per day. So even at the high end you can only really rock out the big spells a few times per day and if you do that too often you will be stuck to cantrips for the rest of the day.

1: 6
4: 13
8: 24
12: 40
16: 56

Gnorman
2016-03-20, 11:30 PM
You've taken away some of their toys, but they're still Batman. I would need to know which level 1 - 5 spells you removed for being "blatantly better" before I could really judge your success here.

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 11:33 PM
Ok just gonna post up the spell list.

WIZARD SPELLS

1st Level spells

Abjuration

Adjuring Step: Personal Spell, you can take two 5 ft steps each round, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity while casting spells, whenever you cause damage the spell is lost. (Concentration)
Alarm: Alarm wards an area with a 25 ft radius for 8 hours. Whenever a creature of small or larger size that is not invisible enters the warded area the alarm goes off. An alarm can either be a mental alarm that only alerts the caster or an audible alarm that alerts all within the area.
Endure Elements: Touch spell, the target is uneffected by fatigue gained from hot or cold climates.
Hold Portal: Range 60 ft, you hold a door shut, attempting to open the door requires a hard strength check (-8).
Invisibility Alarm: Invisibility Alarm wards an area with a 25 ft radius for 8 hours. Whenever a creature of small or larger size that is invisible enters the warded area the alarm goes off. An alarm can either be a mental alarm that only alerts the caster or an audible alarm that alerts all within the area.
Peacebond: Spell vs MD, range 60 ft, the target cannot draw their weapon unless they pass a hard strength check (-8), (Concentration)
Shock Shield: Personal spell, whenever you next take damage the shield deals 1[I]+spell modifier air damage to the creature that attacked you. Lasts for 1 minute
Flame Shield: Personal spell, whenever you next take damage the shield deals 1[I]+spell modifier fire damage to the creature that attacked you. Lasts for 1 minute
Wave Shield: Personal spell, whenever you next take damage the shield deals 1[I]+spell modifier water damage to the creature that attacked you. Lasts for 1 minute
Earth Shield: Personal spell, whenever you next take damage the shield deals 1[I]+spell modifier earth damage to the creature that attacked you. Lasts for 1 minute
Stunning Barrier: Personal spell, you create a barrier around you, any creature that damages you is dazed(save ends), lasts for 1 minute (Concentration).

Conjuration

Create Ammunition: You create 20 arrows, bullets or crossbow bolts.
Air Bubble: Touch spell, you create a small air bubble that allows you to breath underwater or allows a firearm to function normally. Lasts for 1 minute (Concentration).
Corrosive Acid: Touch spell, spell vs MD, 1[I]+spell modifier water damage, in addition if the target is wearing metal armour gains the broken condition (-2 AC).
Conjure Palisade: You create a thin palisade that is 2ft thick and 10 ft long. Each segment of the wall has 10 HP, is resistant to piercing damage and vulnerable to fire damage.
Grease: Range 30 ft, A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease making it difficult terrain. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast or who moves through it must make a successful dex check or fall prone.
Mount: Summons a riding horse for 8 hours.
Obscuring Mist: Range 30 ft, you create a cloud of mist with a radius of 20 ft, creatures that within it have heavy cover against creatures they are adjacent to and concealment against creatures that are 10 ft or further away.
Ray of Frost: range 60 ft, spell vs MD, 1[I]+spell modifier damage and the target is slowed for 1 round.
Unseen Servant: Range 60 ft, you conjure an unseen servant which is an invisible, mindless, shapeless force that performs simple tasks at your command. It can run and fetch things, open unstuck doors, and hold chairs, as well as clean and mend. The servant can perform only one activity at a time, but it repeats the same activity over and over again if told to do so as long as you remain within range. It can open only normal doors, drawers, lids, and the like.
Divination

Anticipate Peril: Range touch, target gains a +4 bonus to their next initiative check.
Comprehend Languages: You can understand all languages, lasts for 1 hour.
Detect Secret doors: You detect all secret doors within 60 of you. Duration 10 minutes, (concentration)
Detect Undead: You detect all undead within 60 ft of you. Duration 10 minutes, (Concentration).
Identify: Reveals a magic items special qualities.
True Strike: Range 30 ft, the target rolls 2D20 and takes the highest on all attacks for 1 round.

Enchantment

Bungle: Spell vs MD, the target rolls 2D20 and takes the lowest on all attacks for 1 round.
Delusional Pride: Range 30 ft, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls but gains a +2 bonus to MD against spells from the Enchantment school.
Keep Watch: The target remains awake but regains fatigue, HP and MP as if they had taken a full nights rest.
Memorise Page: You memorise a page and all its contents
Memory Lapse: Target forgets moments that happened in the last minute.

Evocation

Ear Peircing Scream: Range 60 ft, Spell vs MD, 1[I]+ spell modifier wind damage and the target is dazed for 1 round.
Floating Disk: You create a slightly concave, circular plane of force that follows you about and carries loads for you. The disk is 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch deep at its center. It can hold 100 pounds of weight per caster level. If used to transport a liquid, its capacity is 2 gallons. The disk floats approximately 3 feet above the ground at all times and remains level. It floats along horizontally within spell range and will accompany you at a rate of no more than your normal speed each round. If not otherwise directed, it maintains a constant interval of 5 feet between itself and you. Duration 8 Hours.
Magic Missile: Range 60 ft, up to three targets within range, 1[I] + spell modifier damage.
Shocking Grasp: Touch spell, Spell vs MD, 2[I]+spell modifier wind damage.
Thunderstomp: Range 60 ft, Spell vs CMD, 1[I]+spell modifier earth damage and the target is knocked prone.

Illusion

Blurred Movement: When you have moved at least 15ft on your turn attacks have a 50% chance to hit you. This spell lasts for 1 minute or until you have been hit.
Booming Voice: Your voice is so load it can be heard up to 1 mile away. Lasts for 1 hour.
Disguise Weapon: You make your weapon appear like a different sort of weapon.
Illusion of Calm: You create an illusory double that takes the same space of you. That double makes it look like you are standing still, even when you are not. While under the effects*of this spell, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity. Duration 1 minute (Concentration).
Vanish: You become invisible for 1 round.

Necromancy

Interrogation: Touch spell, Spell vs MD, the target must tell you the truth or take 1[I] unholy damage. It does not have to tell the truth but receives a -4 to bluff checks if it tries to lie to you. You can ask the target a total of 3 questions this way and only one per round.
Chill Touch: touch spell, spell vs CMD, the target take 1[I] + spell modifier unholy damage and gains one level of fatigue.
Ray of Enfeeblement: Range 30 ft, Spell vs MD, the target is weakened(Save ends, concentration).
Restore Corpse: You cause a corpse to regrow flesh
Sculpt Corpse: You cause a corpse to look like a different type of creature.

Transmutation

Animate Rope: You cause a rope to come to life for 10 minutes. The rope can tie itself move up vertical services and hover in the air.
Break: Spell vs MD, the targets weapon or armour gains the broken condition (-2 to AC or -2 to attack rolls).
Crafters Curse: Spell vs MD, target has a -5 to all craft checks, lasts for 8 hours.
Crafters Fortune: Target has a +5 to all craft checks, lasts for 8 hours.
Endothermic Touch: Touch Spell, the target does not need to eat or drink while under the effects of this spell. Duration 1 day.
Erase: Mundane or magical writing disappears
Feather Fall: Personal Spell, Reaction, you descend at the speed of 30ft per round and do not take falling damage. Lasts for 1 minute or until you land.
Youthful Appearance: Touch Spell, target appears much younger, lasts for 8 hours.

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 11:34 PM
2nd Level Spells

Abjuration

Arcane Lock: You magically lock a door or chest which can only be unlocked with either knock or dispell magic.
Obscure Object: Target object cannot be scryed by divination spells or crystal balls.
Warding Weapon: Your weapon protects you, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity for casting spells. Lasts for 1 minute.

Conjuration

Cloud of Sickness: Range 40 ft, 10 ft radius, creatures within the cloud are sickened, after they exit the cloud they are no longer sickened.
Glitterdust: Range 40 ft, spell vs MD, the target is blinded and cannot turn invisible (Concentration)
Web: Range 40 ft, radius 15 ft, any creature that is in the area of the web must make a dex check or be restrained. As a full round action they can attempt a challenging strength check to break free. At the end of their turn if a creature is within the area of the web they must make a dex check or is restrain.

Divination

Blood Transcription: Learn a spell from the targets blood.
Commune with Birds: You can talk to birds, duration 1 hour.
Detect Thoughts: You can here surface thoughs of all within 30 ft of you, duration 10 mins
See Invisibility: You can see invisible creatures.
Share Language: Touch Spell, the target can understand a language of your choosing.

Enchantment

Arcane Disruption: Range 80 ft, spell vs MD, when the target tries to cast a spell they have a 50% the spell will fail. (Save ends)
Bestow Insight: The target is trained in a skill of your choice for 10 minutes.
Qualm: The target takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls and skill checks until it spends a whole round doing nothing.
Seducers Eyes: You become very attractive to those around you.
Unnatural Lust: Range 40 ft, Spell vs MD, The target is compelled to kiss or caress another target creature within 40 ft of you.

Evocation

Continual Flame: Creates a permanent heat less flame.
Force Sword: Touch Spell, the touched weapon targets MD instead of AC
Frost Fall: Range 40 ft, radius 10 ft, creates an area of difficult terrain in addition all creatures that end there turn within the frost take 1[I]+spell modifier water damage.
Gust of Wind: Range 40 ft, radius 10 ft, spell vs CMD, each creature hit by the gust of wind is knocked prone. In addition Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Sickening Cloud and Stinking Cloud are dispelled in the spaces where Gust of Wind shares a space with.

Illusion

Invisibility: Touch Spell, the target is invisible for 1 hour, casting a harmful spell or attacking breaks the spell early.
Haunting Mist: Range 40 ft, you create a cloud of mist with a radius of 20 ft, creatures that within it have heavy cover against creatures they are adjacent to and concealment against creatures that are 10 ft or further away. In addition creatures within the mist are Shaken.
Jitterbugs: You cause the target to perceive itself as being covered in creeping, crawling, stinging bugs. The target cannot take reactions and has a -4 penalty to Dex checks, Lasts for 1 minute.
Mad Halucination: This spell induces a hallucinogenic reality in the mind of your target. Surfaces seem to swim, and movement constantly distracts the eye. The target takes a –4 penalty to Spell attacks (Save ends).

Necromancy

Ghoul Touch: Spell vs CMD, the target take 1[I] + spell modifier unholy damage, gains one level of fatigue and is dazed (Save ends).
Defoliate: Range 80 ft, radius 10 ft, you destroy all plantlife within the area of effect. Plant creatures take 2[I]+spell modifier unholy damage.
False Life: Personal Spell, you gain 3[I]+ spell modifier tempory hit points, duration 1 hour.
Unshakable Chill: Spell vs MD, the target becomes immensly cold taking one level of fatigue. Each day they are allowed a saving throw, on a success they are no longer effected by this spell, on a fail they gain another level of fatigue.

Transmutation

Alter Self: Touch Spell, the target appears as if they were another race. Lasts for 8 hours.
Darkvision: Touch Spell, the target can see in complete darkness up to 60 ft. Lasts for 1 hour.
Fools Gold: Touch Spell, you touch up to 100 gold pieces and make it appear as if there was more. Whenever you try to use this gold however the person you are trying to use them can do a challenging perception check, if they pass they know the gold is fake.
Knock: You open a door or chest.
Make Whole: You repair a medium or large object.
Rope Trick: You create a tiny dimension that 8 people can hide in, while within the space no spells even divination can find you. Lasts for 8 hours.
Spider Climb: Touch Spell, the target can walk on walls and ceilings without needing a climb check.
Waterwalking: Touch Spell, the target can walk on water.

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 11:35 PM
3rd Level Spells

Abjuration

Dispell Magic: Range 80 ft, Spell vs MD, Removes one magical effect from the target. Or removes one spell from an area within range. If the target is friendly no attack roll is needed.
Explosive Runes: Touch spell, when a creature other than you reads the touched item they take 3[I]+spell modifier damage.
Nondetection: You are immune to scrying for 1 day.

Conjuration

Mad Monkeys: You summon 4 monkeys (See monster manual). They last for 10 minutes.
Magical Pit: Range 40 ft, radius 5 ft, you create a pit that is 30 ft deep, creatures that fall into the pit take falling damage and requires a challenging climb check to escape(-4).
Stinking Cloud: Range 40 ft, 15 ft radius, creatures within the cloud are sickened and may only take a move action on their turn, after they exit the cloud they are no longer effected.
Web Bolt: Range 80 ft, up to 3 targets within range, Spell vs MD, the target is effected by the web spell.

Divination

Arcane Sight: Magical Auras become visible to you, lasts for 8 hours.
Blood Biography: Through a creatures blood you can see events that have happened in its life.
Clairaudance: You gain a +10 bonus to perception checks that rely on hearing for 10 minutes.
Clairvoyance: You gain a +10 bonus to perception checks that rely on sight for 10 minutes.
Find Fault: Range 80 ft, you are aware of the creatures vulnerabilities.
Tongues: Personal Spell, you can understand and talk and language, lasts for 1 hour.

Enchantment

Hold Person: Spell vs MD, stuns humanoid for 1 minute (save ends, concentration)
Unadulterated Loathing: Spell vs MD, target is compelled to avoid another creature.

Evocation

Magic Missile II: Range 80 ft, up to three targets within range, 2[I] + spell modifier damage.
Tiny Hut: You create a shelter for up to 10 humanoids, lasts for 24 hours.
Wind Wall: You create a wall that is 5 ft wide and 40 ft long, projectile weapons automatically miss if they have to travel through it. Lasts for 1 minute.

Illusion

Adjustable Disguise: Changes appearance for 8 hours, in addition you can change your appearance as a move action.
Invisibility Sphere: Range 40 ft, radius 10 ft, all creatures within the effect are invisible, any creature that attacks while within the sphere breaks the spell, lasts for 10 minutes.
Isolate: The target is invisible and silent but only to his allies.
Wall of Nausea: You create a wall that is 5 ft wide and 40 ft long, creatures that start their turn in it or walk through it are sickened and dazed for 1 round.

Necromancy

Halt Undead: Personal spell, radius 20 ft, spell vs MD, undead creatures are dazed and immobiles (Save ends)
Ray of Exhaustion: Range 80 ft, spell vs MD, the target is weakened and takes 2 levels of fatigue.
Sands of Time: Spell vs MD, the target ages by 2D10 years.
Vampiric Touch: Touch Spell, Spell vs MD, 3[I] + spell modifier unholy damage you gain the damage dealt.

Transmutation

Ancestral Regression: Spell vs MD, you turn a Drow into a surface elf or a Duergarr into a Dwarf.
Anchored Feet: Personal Spell, you are immune to forced movement and trip. But you are slowed. Lasts for 10 minutes.
Blot: Touch spell, the target scripture is destroyed.
Water Breathing: Touch Spell, target can breath underwater for 8 hours.

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 11:36 PM
4th level spells

Abjuration

Dream Shield: Touch Spell, the target is immune to divination and enchantment spells while they are asleep. Lasts for 1 day.
Invulnerability: Touch Spell, target is immune to spells up to 3rd level.
Spellcrasher: Range 100 ft, spell vs MD, target looses 16 mp.
Trueform: Removes polymorph effects

Conjuration

Hasty Craft: You create a mundane item that you are able to craft. Roll a single craft check to determine if it is masterwork.
Summon Monster: You summon up to 4 monsters whos combined level does not exceed your own.
They stay for 10 minutes afterwhich they dissipate back to where they came from.

Divination

Arcane Eye: You create an invisible magical sensor that sends you visual information. You can create the arcane eye at any point you can see, but it can then travel outside your line of sight without hindrance. An arcane eye travels at 30 feet per round (300 feet per minute) if viewing an area ahead as a human would (primarily looking at the floor) or 10 feet per round (100 feet per minute) if examining the ceiling and walls as well as the floor ahead. It sees exactly as you would see if you were there. The eye has an AC of 10 and 1 HP.
Detect Scryring: You are aware if you are being scryed.
Locate Creature: You are aware of the location of a creature you are familiar with.
Scry: You can gather information on a creature you are familiar with from any distance.

Enchantment
Charm Monster: Range 40 ft, Spell vs MD, the creature sees you as a friend.
Crushing Despair: Personal Spell, radius 50 ft, each hostile creature within the effect takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and Defences.
Malicious Spite: Range 1 Mile, Spell vs MD, target is compelled to plot against another creature.
Overwhelming Grief: Range 40 ft, Spell vs MD, the target is overcome with grief and not able to take any actions. They are also considered helpless. (Concentration, Save ends)

Evocation

Wall of Ice: You create a wall of ice that is 5 ft wide and 100 ft long. It is impossible to pass through the wall and each section has 100 HP and is immune to all damage except fire. Lasts for 10 minutes.
Wall of Fire: You create a wall that is 5 ft wide and 100 ft long. Creatures that pass through the wall take 1[I]+spell modifier damage, creatures that end their turn inside the wall take 2[I]+spell modifier damage. Lasts for 10 minutes.

Illusion

Fools Teleport: Personal Spell, you go invisible but it appears as if you teleported away.
Invisibility II: Touch Spell, the target is invisible for 1 minute. Attacks do not cause the creature to become visible.
Simalcrum: Simulacrum creates an illusory duplicate of any creature. The duplicate creature is partially real and formed from ice or snow. It appears to be the same as the original, but it has only half of the real creature's hit points, non of its traits and is vulnerable to fire damage. You cannot make a simalcrum of a creature that is higher level than you and additionally the creature cannot be an elite or solo.

Necromancy

Boneshatter: Range 100 ft, Spell vs MD, the target takes 1[I]+spell modifier unholy damage and 3 levels of fatigue, they are also weakened (Save ends).
Sadomasochism: Personal Spell, Whenever a creature hits you they roll twice for damage and pick the higher result but then must make a challenging wisdom check (-4) and is stunned for 1 round on a fail.
False Life II: Personal Spell, you gain 6[I]+spell modifier temporary hit points, these last for 1 hour.

Transmutation
Polymorph: You turn into a creature thats level does not exceed yours and which you have experience familiarity with. You cannot turn into elite or solo creatures. Lasts for 1 hour.
Cloud Shape: Touch Spell, the target is insubstantial and gains a fly speed of 30 ft. Lasts for 1 hour or until the subject willingly ends it.

Flik9999
2016-03-20, 11:37 PM
5th level spells

Abjuration

Banish: Range 120 ft, Spell vs MD, if the target is a demon they are sent back to their home plane.
Spellsteal: Range 60 ft, reaction, you counter a spell as it is being cast and can cast the spell within the next 1 hour.
Wreck of Blades: Personal Spell, you summon 4 daggers that spin around you, any creature that attacks you within 5 ft takes 2[I]+spell modifier damage, you also do not provoke attacks of opportunity while casting spells. Duration 1 minute.

Conjuration

Cloudkill: Range 120 ft, radius 30 ft, Spell vs MD, creatures with 5 or lower HD are instantly killed, creatures with 10 HD or lower must make a saving throw next round or are instantly killed. Creatures with 11 HD or more take 1[I]+spell modifier earth damage. Each round the Cloudkill moves 10 ft away from you effecting all in its path. The Cloudkill lasts for 1 minute (Concentration).
Planar Binding: Range 60 ft, Spell vs MD, target demon is bound to you and must follow your orders. Each day it gets a saving throw to break free. (Concentration)
Wall of Stone: You create a stone wall that is 10 ft thick, 200 feet long and 20 ft high.

Divination

Contact Other Plane: You can ask questions of another planer being such as a god or demon.
Telepathic Bond: You and up to 4 other people can communicate telepathically over any distance for 1 day.

Enchantment

Curse of Disgust: Touch Spell, Spell vs MD, when the creature sees a trigger they are sickened and throw up constantly for a full 10 minutes, unable to act.
Hold Person II: Spell vs MD, stuns humanoid for 1 minute
Hold Monster: Spell vs MD, stuns creature for 1 minute (save ends, concentration)
Mind Fog: Ranged 120 ft, Spell vs MD, the target takes a -10 penalty to wisdom based skills and wisdom checks. Lasts for 1 day.

Evocation

Interposing Hand: Range 120 ft, one creature within range has Heavy Cover against physical attacks. Lasts for 1 minute.
Sonic Wall: Creates a wall that is 5ft thick and 50 ft long. Any creature in it or that moves adjacent to it is pushed back 30 ft and knocked prone.

Illusion

Dream: Sends a message to anyone sleeping, you must be familiar with them, you can even send the message to creatures that are not on the same plane as you.
Nightmare: Sends a message to anyone sleeping, you must be familiar with them, the creature does takes 4 levels of fatigue and does not recover fatigue for that nights sleep.
Persistent Image: You create an illusion that has sound, smell and visual effects, its permanent and requires no concentration.

Necromancy

Black Spot: Ranged 80 ft, spell vs MD, the target is cursed with the black spot. While under the effects of the Black Spot they do not recover fatigue each day in addition at the start of the day they must make a saving throw on a fail they gain one level of fatigue. The black spot can only be cured with use of the Divine Intervention Spell or by finding a miracle cure. If a creature dies to the black spot they die and are resurrected as a ghost.
Ray of Death: Ranged 80 ft, Spell vs MD, the target gains 4 levels of fatigue and is weakened (Save ends)
Waves of Fatigue: Ranged 40 ft blast, Spell vs MD, each creature gains 3 levels of fatigue.

Transmutation

Echolocation: You gain blindsight 60 ft, lasts for 8 hours.
Elemental Transformation: You gain immunity to one element and vulnerability to one type of element, you gain vulnerability to the opposing element. This lasts until a dispell magic spell is cast on you or you use Elemental Transformation to change into another type of elemental.
Rubberskin: You gain immunity to bludgeoning and falling damage, lasts for 1 hour.