PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of input form people who know the Toksatsu Genera.

Metahuman1
2016-03-21, 04:06 AM
Sooooo, long story short, I have a couple of games going IRL and a couple of other web sites, and, in an ironic twist, I have cause to make 2 separate Toksatsu referances in both games.

What I need specifically are a total list of all the different season and team names for both the Kamen Rider Franchise, and the Super Sentai franchise.

And I also need to know if there's ever been a Kamen Rider (Ideally an individual rider but team theme also works.) themed around Cat's/Tigers/Lions/Other feline-ish beings, and if so, what his/her name was when transformed.

Thanks.

tensai_oni
2016-03-21, 04:34 AM
Super Sentai have hero teams but Kamen Rider doesn't - there is often a secondary or even tertiary rider but he's just as likely to be a rival or opponent as an ally.

Kamen Rider Beast is a secondary rider to Wizard and he is generally lion themed, though also using mantles themed after other beasts to support his power set. Kamen Rider OOO likewise has medals themed after animals, some cats. His form depends on which three medals are active at the time, and the "basic" Tatoba form includes the tiger medal.

Just googling or checking Wikipedia should give you a list of Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders so I don't feel the need to paste it here.

ben-zayb
2016-03-21, 04:38 AM
While I can't say I'm a hardcore fan, I've often used this KR (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/KamenRider) and SS (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/SuperSentai) TVTropes links for very basic info like season names.

Based on a quick google search leading to this (http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/2009/04/insects-and-themes-in-kamen-rider.html) link, the only ones are Satoru Tojo (KR Tiger) from KR Ryuki and Nishiki (KR Nishiki) in the KR Hibiki movie "Kamen Rider Hibiki and the Seven Senki".

Metahuman1
2016-03-21, 07:12 AM
Super Sentai have hero teams but Kamen Rider doesn't - there is often a secondary or even tertiary rider but he's just as likely to be a rival or opponent as an ally.

Kamen Rider Beast is a secondary rider to Wizard and he is generally lion themed, though also using mantles themed after other beasts to support his power set. Kamen Rider OOO likewise has medals themed after animals, some cats. His form depends on which three medals are active at the time, and the "basic" Tatoba form includes the tiger medal.

Just googling or checking Wikipedia should give you a list of Super Sentai teams and Kamen Riders so I don't feel the need to paste it here.

Huh. I'd always been under the impression that Kamen rider usually had multiple Riders, and usually 3-5 of them or so were fighting for the same basic goal by the end.

Ah well, if I knew jack about the franchise I'd probably not be here at all.

Having google imaged both of them, I was hoping for something with a bit more Cat theme in the helmet/mask.

ben-zayb: Thank you, the links are precisely what I needed on that front. Now I just need to find a suitable Kamen Rider Mask. With a 45 year run there ought to be at least one somewhere.

ben-zayb
2016-03-21, 08:28 AM
Finding a cat-themed kamen rider mask is a pretty difficult task considering the series is deeply rooted on the grasshopper theme of the originals. It eventually branched out to other insectile themes, and then further to broader concepts, but most mask designs often still bear that big bug-eye look.

Cat-themed design on a super sentai mask, on the other hand, is one of the most frequently repeated one, right there with birds (of prey).

Metahuman1
2016-03-21, 10:16 AM
Huh. I don't really think I need that much, just some cat like ears or other marks like that. (Lion main, tiger stripes, something.)

The bug eyes could still stay, long as I had that.

Prime32
2016-03-21, 05:06 PM
Huh. I'd always been under the impression that Kamen rider usually had multiple Riders, and usually 3-5 of them or so were fighting for the same basic goal by the end. Ryuki and Gaim both had large numbers of Riders, but while they may end up forming alliances, they're never really a team.

Having google imaged both of them, I was hoping for something with a bit more Cat theme in the helmet/mask.To elaborate on OOO, his transformation items are coins stolen from a group of monsters, each monster having the powers of one category of animals. His belt holds three coins for head, arms and legs, and he can insert new coins to swap out parts of his suit mid-fight. If he inserts three coins from the same monster, it creates a "Combo" with additional powers.

His default form is Hawk head, Tiger arms, Grasshopper legs. RaToraTah Combo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRT8Bs3q9hY) is Lion (Raion) head, Tiger (Tora) arms and Cheetah legs.