PDA

View Full Version : Syringe Weapons

ekarney
2016-03-21, 05:04 AM
Before we start, I know Eberron has bloodspikes, but one of my players was curious about any other Syringe based weapons, failing that is there any decent homebrew or 3rd party concerning them?

Thurbane
2016-03-21, 05:24 AM
Not sure how "syring like" it is, but there is is the Poison Ring in Dragon Compendium. It's a simple light weapon which does 1 point of damage, and holds a reservoir of poison...

Arcanist
2016-03-21, 05:33 AM
Not sure how "syring like" it is, but there is is the Poison Ring in Dragon Compendium. It's a simple light weapon which does 1 point of damage, and holds a reservoir of poison...

This as well as an Alchemy Blade (Magic of Eberron) are always cool.

Jowgen
2016-03-21, 05:45 AM
There are also Stirge Bolts, A&E p. 119. Hollow +3 Crossbow bolts that stick in targets and drain their blood on a round by round basis. Arguably re-useable if they hit.

Milo v3
2016-03-21, 08:22 AM
Pathfinder's Ultimate Intrigue has wrist-mounted dart shooters, which deal no damage but can be used to poison enemies or heal/use potions on allies.

manyslayer
2016-03-21, 10:16 AM
I don't remember the stats on them, but Howl of the Carrion King (Pathfinder #19) has spears that hold a potion that is injected on use (used to bring creatures out of rage by injecting them with Calm Emotions).

dysprosium
2016-03-21, 10:31 AM
In the same vein as the previous post, in Pathfinder Adventure Path #61: Shards of Sin has an exotic weapon called an injection spear.

It is basically a spear that can inject poisons (or other liquids) into the target on a hit, as long as the wielder is proficient with the weapon.

daremetoidareyo
2016-03-21, 11:16 AM
Not quite the same but magic of eberron on p. 137 has spikards, which are a rules nightmare, where bolts shootout of the spear when you hit. But only when you hit...in melee. But you can enchant and poison those bolts in addition to your spikard, which might nab you two poison saves on any single hit. Don't ask me what happens when you take penetrating shot. Also don't ask me about what that means for sneak attacks. Also don't ask about putting the adaptive property on that bad boy and taking hand crossbow focus, tormtor school, or lightning maces.

Darrin
2016-03-21, 05:03 PM
It's not a syringe, but there's a mister in Drow of the Underdark that can be used to deliver poisons or drugs as a 5' ranged touch attack (that provokes). Ingested poisons get a Ref save but contact and injury do not.

Alistaroc
2016-03-21, 05:56 PM
Legends & Lairs, Sorcery & Steam, Page 102, the Brew Injection feat lets you make syringes of potions that can be injected into willing targets, or into unwilling targets with a successful melee attack that deals at least one point of damage. All save DCs are increased by 2 when in an Injection, and arguably the system works with Master Alchemist's potion level increase.

Thurbane
2016-03-21, 07:04 PM
If it hasn't already been mentioned, Dagger of Venom is pretty easy to re-fluff as an over sized syringe, especially if you make it a Punching Dagger instead.

Dagger of Venom
This black +1 dagger has a serrated edge. It allows the wielder to use a poison effect (as the spell, save DC 14) upon a creature struck by the blade once per day. The wielder can decide to use the power after he has struck. Doing so is a free action, but the poison effect must be invoked in the same round that the dagger strikes.

...I preferred how in older versions it actually had a reservoir inside it, and you could re-fill it with whatever substance you liked.

Morof Stonehands
2016-03-21, 07:21 PM
Dungeon magazine #124, pg. 45 has an enemy that uses a syringe to inject potions into himself. There isn't a clear stat set for it, but it's something! The description even says it can be useful for poisons and potions on an unwilling recipient.

Jormengand
2016-03-22, 01:45 PM
failing that is there any decent homebrew or 3rd party concerning them?

Might not really be what you're looking for, but Simulation Serum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20099314&postcount=4) is delivered by syringe (even though this is only implied in the text).