PDA

View Full Version : Sword Coast Race question

SMac8988
2016-03-21, 11:45 AM
I know that some race changes happened with its release.

Can anyone tell me bychance the new sub race options for the teifling and the halfling? I, can't seem to find them anywhere.

Naanomi
2016-03-21, 11:53 AM
Halfling a get a version with minor telepathy

Half elves can trade out some skills for racial abilities of the specific elven side of their parentage

Tieflings get a few options, including getting Dex instead of Int and getting wings

SMac8988
2016-03-21, 12:14 PM
Awesome. was looking to do a beast master/rouge.

How does the half elf/drow work?

Ewhit
2016-03-21, 12:46 PM
YouTube D&d 5th sword coast adventures

Lord Il Palazzo
2016-03-21, 12:50 PM
Awesome. was looking to do a beast master/rouge.

How does the half elf/drow work?It basically boils down to losing the bonus skills of the PHB half-elf and picking one of the elf racial features of the elf sub-race you're claiming as your ancestry. For drow, I think the only option the book gives is Drow Magic, though as a DM, their improved darkvision and weapon training are also options I'd allow. (I think I remember the book allowing the weapon training for the other sub-races).

Falcon X
2016-03-21, 12:55 PM
Do a google image search for "Sword coast adventures tiefling" and it will come right up.

(I would post the link, but this forum is pretty strict on anything that resembles piracy.)

SMac8988
2016-03-21, 07:34 PM
Couldn't find anything... Blah

indemnity
2016-03-22, 09:04 PM
Drow half-elf

From the SCAG (edited for brevity)
...forgo Skill Versatility and instead... choose the drow's Drow Magic.

Drow Magic. You know the dancing lights cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast faerie fire once per day. At 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.