PDA

View Full Version : Int / stat to AC While armoured

Chewychunga
2016-03-21, 03:55 PM
Was wondering if there's any feats / enchantments / classes that grant a stat to armor while wearing armor
Other than dex of course
I've seen a bunch but they all require unarmoured / monk

Troacctid
2016-03-21, 03:59 PM
Swordsage adds Wis to AC while wearing light armor. You can change it to Int with Ascetic Psion, or Cha with Ascetic Mage.

Gildedragon
2016-03-21, 04:05 PM
Factotum
Cunning Defense is Int to Ac

LTwerewolf
2016-03-21, 04:07 PM
Iaijutsu master gets int to ac. Would need bracers of armor for the armor though.

Yogibear41
2016-03-21, 04:45 PM
Argent Fist gets Monk Armor bonus to AC while wearing any armor/shield at 2nd level. Normal entry appears to be Paladin 4/monk 2

Gabrosin
2016-03-21, 05:23 PM
Defensive Insight, from Eternal Blade 6, lets you add your Int as a dodge bonus to your AC as a swift action against a single opponent. No limit to the number of times you can do this per day/combat.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-03-21, 06:31 PM
A level in the ghost savage progression gives +Cha to AC.

The Tashalatora feat can give monk +Wis to AC, even without a level in monk (because 0 + X = X), which becomes +Int with Carmendine Monk or Kung Fu Genius. You don't actually wear armor, however; instead, you use inertial armor to boost your AC and a +1 bracer of armor to add armor enhancements to, as needed.

Being a warforged means you can get enhancements to your armor plating, so monk works well enough with it (as do the above).

Thurbane
2016-03-21, 07:06 PM
Your go to guide:

X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus)

Chewychunga
2016-03-21, 11:08 PM
Was wanting to wear chest armor because I'm using strong arm bracers so bracers of armor don't work

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-03-21, 11:13 PM
Was wanting to wear chest armor because I'm using strong arm bracers so bracers of armor don't workUse the rules in the MIC to stack them?

CashanDraven
2016-03-22, 01:15 AM
Dervish Defender from PoW allows Int to AC when you are light armor and not using a shield.

LTwerewolf
2016-03-22, 01:35 AM
Was wanting to wear chest armor because I'm using strong arm bracers so bracers of armor don't work

Can enchant more than bracers to have armor.

animewatcha
2016-03-22, 02:57 AM
Use the rules in the MIC to stack them?

to expand on this. MIC has rules to add a regular armor bonus to something like a robe. Allowing an enhancement to armor to be applying. Like a +1 robe of armor that gives +1 armor for a total of plus 2 to armor.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-03-22, 04:48 PM
to expand on this. MIC has rules to add a regular armor bonus to something like a robe. Allowing an enhancement to armor to be applying. Like a +1 robe of armor that gives +1 armor for a total of plus 2 to armor.Actually, I meant, add the cost and the effects of the bracers of armor to your current bracers. The MIC has rules on how to do this legally (+50% surcharge for most effects, when added to the same body slot; certain items, such as ability score boosters and bracers of armor, do not require this surcharge).

Chewychunga
2016-03-22, 07:36 PM
I thought that bracers of armor max at +8 and that's without the strong arm part
A +2 mithirl breastplate has the same armor and 8 more slots

And the 4 things of armor that I know stack are chest shield and 2 from OA

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-03-22, 07:46 PM
I thought that bracers of armor max at +8 and that's without the strong arm part
A +2 mithirl breastplate has the same armor and 8 more slots

And the 4 things of armor that I know stack are chest shield and 2 from OAMy suggestion was to grab bracers of armor +1/+X in armor abilities/whatever other things you want to stack on, and then use inertial armor and force screen for AC via a manifesting class. Then you don't need "armor" as such, and your options are more open for which classes you want to get additional AC out of. Or cast magic vestment on your bracers, if you choose to use a casting class, instead.