PDA

View Full Version : Half Orc blade lock undying mc.

Spacehamster
2016-03-22, 11:00 AM
So idea is half Orc brought up by dwarves and becoming jealous of their lifespan so he turned to an undying patron to make his life last longer, being obsessed with living long he will also have 1 level life cleric and 4 ranger(good berry), at 20 levels will be(he is lvl 6 now): undying lock 12, life cleric 1, hunter ranger 4 and champion fighter 3. Will use 1h + shield and full plate with defense and dueling for added survivability.
His 4 lvl 1 slots and 2 lvl 2 slots will mainly be for keeping him and the party stocked with nommy life cleric infused goodberries. :)

Atm he is 1 fighter / 5 warlock with 20/16/18/14/16/18 stats and alert feat.
He will be both good at range with eldritch blast and good in melee and have nice AC and utility and healing from spells.

Does this sound good?

Lawful Good
2016-03-22, 08:41 PM
That build is fairly MAD, although with those stats it doesn't matter. Good backstory and everything, and this build would make a decent gish. I have to ask though- I see the warlock, cleric, and fighter in the backstory-why the ranger?

DracoKnight
2016-03-22, 08:45 PM
That build is fairly MAD, although with those stats it doesn't matter. Good backstory and everything, and this build would make a decent gish. I have to ask though- I see the warlock, cleric, and fighter in the backstory-why the ranger?

He said it was for Goodberry.

PeteNutButter
2016-03-22, 08:51 PM
This is the third build I've seen today with godly stats... How many times does your DM let you roll?! Like 15 take the best is what it looks like. :P

Anyways pro tip: don't build your character for 20th lvl. Just keep rolling on those warlock levels until you find something you want more. If it ends up being ranger cool, but always build your character for that next level. As an aside Vampiric Touch is great for you with its healing increased by life cleric...

EDIT: Thought your first level was the cleric. It should have been :P. Taking cleric after fighter is kind of redundant on heavy armor. All fighter gives is the fighting style. Cleric gives spells that you can use like cure wounds with your higher level warlock slots. Anyways you would get more money out of the build(at this point) if you squeezed in sorcerer instead of the ranger for quicken spell. Two Eldritch Blasts is pretty hard to beat and you can pick up shield spell for a massive albeit resource consuming boost to AC.

indemnity
2016-03-22, 08:54 PM
20/16/18/14/16/18 stats and alert feat...level 6

Those stats are just insane.

You have the highest AC, highest weapon damage, spells, hp, everything. Does everyone else at the table hate you?

PeteNutButter
2016-03-22, 08:58 PM

You have the highest AC, highest weapon damage, spells, hp, everything. Does everyone else at the table hate you?

Not to mention he will be hard pressed to fail a saving throw...

RickAllison
2016-03-22, 09:09 PM

And I thought my 19/19/18/14/12/7 was insane... Best rolls I've ever had and they don't even look impressive compared to this guy.

PeteNutButter
2016-03-22, 09:18 PM
And I thought my 19/19/18/14/12/7 was insane... Best rolls I've ever had and they don't even look impressive compared to this guy.

How do you roll 19s? I'm assuming racial mods... But I'm curious what the actual rolls were.

RickAllison
2016-03-22, 09:23 PM
How do you roll 19s? I'm assuming racial mods... But I'm curious what the actual rolls were.

Actual rolls were 18/18/17/14/12/7. Yes, I made the cardinal sin and went for two odd scores. It evened out at the first ASI, I promise!

PeteNutButter
2016-03-22, 09:37 PM
Actual rolls were 18/18/17/14/12/7. Yes, I made the cardinal sin and went for two odd scores. It evened out at the first ASI, I promise!

Hah I'd take that as a mountain dwarf with two 20s to start. Never wear armor and have a higher AC than anyone in the party. Or a barbarian blade singer could have a 23 AC at level 3 w those stats... Game broken.

wunderkid
2016-03-22, 09:39 PM
Considering the odds of rolling a single 18 is about 2.5%. The odds of getting 3 are 0.01%. Basically out of every 10,000 characters rolled only 1 will turn out this good. That's not including the fact that every other stat is above average too!

My advice stop playing d&d start playing the lottery xD

Mjolnirbear
2016-03-22, 09:57 PM
I'm beginning to think we need a Godly Rolled Stats FAQ.

Q: Hi I rolled godly stats pls help me optimise?
A: with those stats anything you do is pre-optimised.

Q: Hi I rolled amazing how should I allocate them?
A: Ditch them, unless you like breaking groups because everyone resents you. Also be prepared to be called a cheater, even if you aren't.

Q: Hi I am so lucky look what I rolled ps: I rolled in front of my DM what character should I make?
A: with these stats you can make any character you want! Why do you need help?

You know what we never see on these boards? "Hi! Look at the crap I just rolled. Help me make the most of it!" THAT would offer a challenge to us, at least.

Lawful Good
2016-03-22, 10:23 PM
My advice stop playing d&d start playing the lottery xD

+1:smallbiggrin:

RickAllison
2016-03-22, 10:49 PM
You know what we never see on these boards? "Hi! Look at the crap I just rolled. Help me make the most of it!" THAT would offer a challenge to us, at least.

Part of the reason you see more people who post those stats is that more doors get opened up that were not previously available. Unless they rolled really badly, the same techniques that apply to optimizing for point-buy or standard array can be applied to the weaker chassis because similar restrictions are in play. Those who rolled better have more options because MADness doens't apply as much to them. That is probably why you see so many (though why there has been such a rash of them, I do not know...), because support and information for lower-base builds already exist.

Spacehamster
2016-03-23, 05:24 AM
We rolled 3 sets with roll 4 d6, re-roll 1īs and ditch lowest die. :)
Nope nobody hates me everyone managed to get awesome stats with
this way of rolling so. :P

And donīt really plan for 20 build but I do like to post where he will end up at 20,
He will level like this I think:
1 Fighter (dueling, heavy armor, all weapons)
2-6 Warlock (undying, blade lock, agonizing blast, the 2 skills one and the extra attack one)
7-8 Fighter(action surge, champion crits for half orc synergy)
9-15 Warlock(max CON and CHA, +CHA to damage and other warlock goodies)
16 Life cleric(heal goodies)
17-20 Hunter Ranger(horde breaker, goodberries and +AC fight style and a non decided ASI/Feat since wonīt prob get to 20 anyways)