PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf proficient with dwarven warpike?

bigbaddragon
2007-06-20, 02:12 PM
Are dwarves naturally proficient with dwarven warpike from Races Of Stone or is it exotic weapon for them too.

Quietus
2007-06-20, 02:14 PM
Are dwarves naturally proficient with dwarven warpike from Races Of Stone or is it exotic weapon for them too.

Does it state that they are in the weapon's block? If not, then no. Normally (according to Cwar, anyway), you get one racial weapon "proficiency", which lets you treat an exotic racial weapon as a martial one. In this case you could probably go with the warpike. They also have a feat that gives you proficiency with all your racial weapons, if memory serves.

Penguinsushi
2007-06-20, 02:18 PM
It's still exotic for them. They *do* get 'weapon familiarity' with the more common Dwarven Waraxes and Dwarven Urgoshes, but those other 'Dwarven' weapons still require special training.

They *can*, however, take 'Improved Weapon Familiarity' (also in Races of Stone) to treat any and all 'Dwarven' weapons as a martial weapons...

Same with Elves & the Elven courtblade/thinblade/lightblade...

~PS

Amiria
2007-06-20, 02:22 PM
As they said, it is still exotic for dwarves. But I got permission from my DM to trade in dwarven urgosh proficiency for dwarven warpike proficiency for my Crusader. Houserules, speak with you DM about it.