PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A How exactly do I obtain a "true dragonmark"?

Pippin
2016-03-22, 04:09 PM
I'm reading Dragonmarked but I feel like this is never specified very clearly. If I want to get a true dragonmark, what do I have to do?

I'm only asking this because the feat Mark of the Dauntless looks very nice.

Necroticplague
2016-03-22, 04:15 PM
I'm reading Dragonmarked but I feel like this is never specified very clearly. If I want to get a true dragonmark, what do I have to do?

I'm only asking this because the feat Mark of the Dauntless looks very nice.

Take the Least Dragonmark feat. A True Dragonmark is "any dragonmark that isn't an aberrant dragonmark".

Malimar
2016-03-22, 04:17 PM
I don't know for sure, but I would assume "true dragonmark" just means "any non-aberrant dragonmark". So, the Least Dragonmark feat or completing the Heir of Siberys PrC, I think?

MisterKaws
2016-03-22, 04:17 PM
A True Dragonmark is any non-aberrant Dragonmark.

Pippin
2016-03-22, 04:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for the fast replies.

Red Fel
2016-03-22, 06:29 PM
The in-character explanation is "Be a member of a Dragonmarked house, or a distant scion thereof, and have the crazy random fortune to develop one."

But yeah, the technical answer is "Take the Least Dragonmark feat or the Heir of Siberys PrC."

Also, Dragonmarked isn't the only source of Dragonmark info. Look into the Eberron Campaign Setting, as well as Magic of Eberron, Explorer's Handbook, and Sharn, City of Towers. But ECS and Dragonmarked will be your big go-tos.

Cruiser1
2016-03-22, 07:10 PM
But yeah, the technical answer is "Take the Least Dragonmark feat or the Heir of Siberys PrC."
If you don't want to spend a feat or character level, the Altar of the Dragon's Eye magical location from the Eberron adventure "Eyes of the Lich Queen" will confer upon one the Least Dragonmark or Aberrant Dragonmark feats, as a bonus feat. A generous DM might allow you to write it into your backstory and assign some WBL to it.

atemu1234
2016-03-22, 10:06 PM
If you don't want to spend a feat or character level, the Altar of the Dragon's Eye magical location from the Eberron adventure "Eyes of the Lich Queen" will confer upon one the Least Dragonmark or Aberrant Dragonmark feats, as a bonus feat. A generous DM might allow you to write it into your backstory and assign some WBL to it.

This is interesting. I'll have to look into it.