PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Space Travel?

Yuushi
2016-03-22, 07:53 PM
Hello Giants!

I have a bit of a question about some creative ruling.

So, I want the players to build a ye-olde spaceship! However, I cant really find any info relating to Spell Jammers material or how I can go about this legally. And by legally, I mean without adding ay additional rules / only using the items and magic within the guide books.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to build a spaceship?

Thanks for the help!

Sigreid
2016-03-22, 08:00 PM
Use the air ship and hand wave space?

Reaper34
2016-03-22, 08:06 PM
got a few ideas. you would have to convert alot from 3.x to make it work. all of this comes from 3.x material but will cite it as best i can remember it.

start with a metal hull. each piece has levatate and permanance cast on it. (phb) hull rules are in arms and equip guide for subs.

propulsion would be trapped lightning elementals. maybe re skin a existing elemental.(return to the temple of elemental evil) feeding lightning turbines (arms and equipment guide?)

air and water from endless decanter of water and air respectivally. (DMG?) food maynards spoon

have to get back to my books for more. most of this is from a homebrew mini setting i made a few years back.

DaKiwiMonsta
2016-03-23, 05:42 AM
I'm currently running a space-themed campaign, so I just treat spaceships as if they were water vessels. I've got a pdf of ship rules that I use, as well as some conversions of basic ships, that I would happily send you if you wanted. I've found them very useful as they cater for combat as well, and additional rules for roles on a ship.

Telok
2016-03-23, 06:02 AM
Ooh, what's that pdf? I've always loved Spelljammer but the ship to ship issues were always a but bugger and there's never been much support for anything naval since AD&D. Conversion is getting to be a pain and if you've found something good I'd love to know about it.

DaKiwiMonsta
2016-03-23, 06:14 AM
Ooh, what's that pdf? I've always loved Spelljammer but the ship to ship issues were always a but bugger and there's never been much support for anything naval since AD&D. Conversion is getting to be a pain and if you've found something good I'd love to know about it.

No problem, I'll PM you the link