PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Stormsinger Bard w/ leadership

DrBloodbathMC
2016-03-23, 12:01 AM
Ok so I'm building a bard for a weekly one shot group I'm in and I want to advance him to Stormsigner eventually (really great flavor, look it up when you get the chance). An ability caught my eye, the Thunderstike.

Thunderstrike (Su): At 3rd level, a stormsinger with 11 or more ranks in Perform (sing) can use bardic music to unleash a deadly thunderbolt. The bolt can be targeted at any one creature within 60 feet, and the stormsinger must make a successful ranged touch attack to hit the target. If she hits, the stormsinger then makes a Perform (sing) check; the result indicates how much electricity damage the thunderbolt deals. A Reflex save (DC 10 + stormsinger's class level + Cha modifier) halves the damage. If the creature fails its Ref lex save, it must make a Fortitude save (same DC) or be deafened for a number of rounds equal to the damage dealt.

And my devious mind got thinking that this could possibly be abused. Now there's the obvious by stupid high bonus items, but as a cheaper way, I was thinking the leadership feat and have all my followers aid in my singing. The aid another skill says this:

In cases where the skill restricts who can achieve certain results you can’t aid another to grant a bonus to a task that your character couldn’t achieve alone.

Would this conflict and make the aid another useless? I ask because the example I was given was a rogue trapfinding, aiding another can't find traps the rogue herself can't see, but here aiding another wouldn't change a result, just the magnitude of damage.

Troacctid
2016-03-23, 12:07 AM
Yes, it would prevent them from aiding you, for the reason you stated. Only a Stormsinger with 11 or more ranks in Perform (Sing) can make the check.