PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Online play Warlock mind talker thoughts....

Chalkarts
2016-03-23, 12:07 PM
I tried something new last night in a regular game on Roll20.
I played a Warlock, GOO, Path of the tome.
At first level a Great Old One worshiper gets,

"Awakened mind: You can telepathically speak to anyone you can see within 30 feet. You don't need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances as long as it speaks a language."

I interpreted this to mean I can speak to the mind of others but cannot listen to their thoughts so for them to respond they still need to speak or communicate in some fashion. So I'm always silently talking to members of the group while they're responding out loud. To the outside observer it would appear to be 3 disjointed one sided conversations going on at once. The group would most likely come off as insanely babbling.

Online play via Roll20, D20pro, whatever gives me the opportunity to enact this very thing better than I ever could with tabletop due to the clunkyness of analog note passing. But with /whisper /pm commands I can send "thoughts" directly to other players to which they must respond out loud.

I was hoping it would go well and be a nice humorous aside and might beef up the role play of the group a bit.

I don't think it went well. I'm not sure they got what I was going for. Does anyone have any tips on how i might make this work, better, ake it more enjoyable for the group and more of a roleplay opportunity and less of a bog down, Any ideas?

RulesJD
2016-03-23, 01:26 PM
Setup macro hotkeys through Teamspeak to only whisper talk to certain other players. Don't tell them when you're whispering just to them.