PDA

View Full Version : Armor of Shadows and an Abjurer combo?

Haveatya
2016-03-23, 06:48 PM
If I dip into warlock to get armor of Shadows as an invocation, wouldn't I be able to use it to charge my abjuration ward ability? Just asking because it seems munchkiny.

wunderkid
2016-03-23, 06:50 PM
Iirc it works. But you're taking a two level hit in class progression for that. So I don't really think it's too op

Hrugner
2016-03-23, 06:56 PM
It should work, the divination school as a similar ability worded slightly differently to prevent this sort of thing, so I imagine the omission is deliberate. It's not a really large pool of HP, so it shouldn't be too big a deal.

You could also make a Svirfneblin abjurer and take the Svirfneblin 4th level racial feat "Svirfneblin magic". The feat lets you cast non-detection at will, it would fill up your HP pool faster, you don't lose a level, and it's a pretty awesome race to begin with.

I think that's the point where you hit munchkin land, but still it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Renewal
2016-03-23, 06:59 PM
Moreover, you'll only be restoring 2 hit points to the Ward per cast, so it's really only effective at lower levels. It's a nice trick, and it might indeed mean the difference between life and death, but it's far from game-breaking.

RickAllison
2016-03-23, 07:48 PM
Heck, you could spend a few hours tossing Alarm rituals around and recharge it that way too.

Haveatya
2016-03-24, 09:08 AM
2 points per cast sure, but you can recharge it in under 5 minutes or doing a short rest quite easily. If your party likes shorts, itd be easy to for you to do during then.