PDA

View Full Version : Path of War: Martial Training and Prestige Classes

Againstusername
2016-03-23, 08:14 PM
I'm now even more unclear about the feat Martial Training and Prestige classes. Prestige class increases in effective levels stack with the levels used to obtain the prerequisites in general (be them spell caster levels, manifested levels, initiator levels, etc as detailed by the prestige class). If I use a non-initiator class with the Martial Training Feat to gain the prerequisite, does this effective initiator level stack with the prestige class (obviously only allowing access to the one discipline, but likely higher maneuver levels)? The RAW for martial training and initiator base classes is clear (as this is alway the case with multiple spellcaster/manifester/etc base classes), but this does not seem to apply to prestige classes. Any thoughts?

digiman619
2016-03-25, 10:00 PM
I'm no expert, but I think this work similarly to the Monastic Tradition feat; your effective initiator level would be 1/2 non-initiator levels + initiator levels. For example, a Warpriest 6 that took the Martial Training feat line to qualify for Bladecaster, then when he becomes a Warpriest 6/Bladecaster 1, his Effective Initiator Level would be 4; 6/2 is 3, plus the 1 actual initiator level makes 4.

Felyndiira
2016-03-28, 10:23 AM
From what I'm seeing, they would stack. However, it's not a problem, as Martial Training still caps you to a maximum of your character level in IL (so you won't end up with a situation where IL > CL).