PDA

View Full Version : E6 Help with the Spellstitched Template

ATHATH
2016-03-24, 01:14 PM
I've recently been invited to a "high-op" E6 game, so I decided to take advantage of E6's generous LA buyoff system (reduce your point buy total to get free LA, up to +5 if you go with a 0 point buy total; normal LA buyoff is allowed as well) to do some template stacking. Here's what I have so far:

Name Undecided, LN Phrenic Half-Fey Shadow-Walker [Human Heritage Psi-Reformed Here] Necropolitan Evolved Undead (Circle of Death or Greater Invisibilty, depending on optimization level) Spellstitched Lesser Aasimar Trap Expert Arcane Hunter Spiritual Connection Planar Shapechanging Mystic Ranger 2/Shooting Star Ranger 1/Mystic Ranger 3

Feats:
1: Human Heritage (retrain later (via a Psychic Reformation scroll created by a Psionic Artificer) to Magic in the Blood)
Flaw: Aberrant Blood
Flaw: Natural Spell
3: Aberrant Wildshape
6: Sword of the Arcane Order
E1: Natural Bond
E2: Assume Supernatural Ability (Eye Rays)

SLA's:
3/Day (depending on the DM's reading on how Magic in the Blood works, some of these might be moved to the 1/Day category):
Shadow Mask (not in bright light/a Daylight spell)
Dimension Door (self only, not in bright light/a Daylight spell)
Darkness (not in bright light/a Daylight spell)
Defensive Precognition
Force Screen
Empty Mind
Mind Thrust
Body Adjustment
Brain Lock
Circle of Death or Greater Invisibility, depending on optimization level (once made, this choice is irrevocable)
Hypnotism
Faerie Fire or Glitterdust
Detect Law
Sleep or Enthrall
Protection from Law
Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Suggestion
1/Day:
Daylight (not an SLA, but very similar to one)
At-Will:
Charm Person

Stats:
STR: 10
DEX: 12
CON: -
INT: 10
WIS: 14
CHA: 20

I have two questions (about this, not about the meaning of life and such):
1. What spells should I spellstitch? I've decided that one of them will be Command Undead and another will be Animate Dead, but I haven't decided on the rest. Remember that the stitched spells don't have to be Sorcerer or Wizard spells; the creator just has to have a level of Sorcerer or Wizard (a Wizard 1/Archivist 5 could stitch Archivist spells, for example). The spells will still have to be accessible by an E6 caster, however.
2. What (Celestial) Animal Companion should I get? Are there any with unique or magical abilities?

ATHATH
2016-03-24, 01:18 PM
Side Note: The Evolved Undead Template (choosing Circle of Death) seems to be comparable to That Darn Crab in power. An Evolved Undead can [S]eat kill 2d4 investigators level 1 adventurers in one round, and is somehow CR 2.

ATHATH
2016-03-24, 06:25 PM
Wait, Aberration Blood needs the Humanoid type, doesn't it? I'm going to need to reorganize the feats.

Does anyone have a better suggestion for a base race than Aasimar? Preferably one that has a bonus to INT and WIS?

Doctor Despair
2016-03-24, 07:10 PM
Don't forget to take three "free" bloodline levels before you get level two :p

Edit: Also, careful with the reposts man. Forum rules and stuff. I'm sure folks woulda seen the thread without the bump. :)

ATHATH
2016-03-24, 10:00 PM
Don't forget to take three "free" bloodline levels before you get level two :p

Edit: Also, careful with the reposts man. Forum rules and stuff. I'm sure folks woulda seen the thread without the bump. :)
It counts as a bump if I put pertinent information in my post instead of just saying "bump"? Huh.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go with a (Celestial) Fleshraker (I'll take the Natural Bond feat). Can I replace his INA (Claws) and Track feats with better ones?

Tiri
2016-03-24, 10:46 PM
Not by default, I think, but most sane DMs would allow it.

fishyfishyfishy
2016-03-24, 10:57 PM
It counts as a bump if I put pertinent information in my post instead of just saying "bump"? Huh.

You're expected to edit your last post if there have not been any other replies to your thread.

I don't really have any advice to offer on the subject.

ATHATH
2016-03-24, 11:02 PM
Not by default, I think, but most sane DMs would allow it.
Could a Psychic Reformation do it?

If I select the Virulent Poison feat, will that apply to the Ravage granted by the Touch of Golden Ice feat and the Fleshraker's normal poison, or do Ravages not count as poisons?

Tiri
2016-03-24, 11:26 PM
Could a Psychic Reformation do it?

If I select the Virulent Poison feat, will that apply to the Ravage granted by the Touch of Golden Ice feat and the Fleshraker's normal poison, or do Ravages not count as poisons?

I suppose every fleshraker technically selects their feats, even if they all select the same ones, so yes.

Ravages do not count as poisons.

ATHATH
2016-03-24, 11:56 PM
I suppose every fleshraker technically selects their feats, even if they all select the same ones, so yes.

Ravages do not count as poisons.
Darn.

I've reshuffled my feats.

I think I'll give Mr. Fleshy the Touch of Golden Ice, Ability Focus (Touch of Golden Ice), and Multiattack feats. Does that sound ok?

Also, the 6th level of Mystic Ranger is a dead level. Are there any prestige classes that I can dip into without losing my 6 BAB or my 3rd levels spells?

Tiri
2016-03-25, 09:48 AM
I think I'll give Mr. Fleshy the Touch of Golden Ice, Ability Focus (Touch of Golden Ice), and Multiattack feats. Does that sound ok?

Also, the 6th level of Mystic Ranger is a dead level. Are there any prestige classes that I can dip into without losing my 6 BAB or my 3rd levels spells?

Sounds ok. As for PrCs that fit what you want, I know of the Ordained Champion, Ruby Knight Vindicator and Sacred Fist. However, they have as prerequisites spells you do not have, manuvers and crappy feat taxes, in that order. So they all require a few feats to be switched around.

ATHATH
2016-03-25, 06:30 PM
Sounds ok. As for PrCs that fit what you want, I know of the Ordained Champion, Ruby Knight Vindicator and Sacred Fist. However, they have as prerequisites spells you do not have, manuvers and crappy feat taxes, in that order. So they all require a few feats to be switched around.
OC doesn't advance casting for its first level, CF requires a Monk dip or 8 points of BAB, and RKV requires Turning/Rebuking.

Tiri
2016-03-25, 10:26 PM
Oops. Well, I guess I'm out of suggestions.

ATHATH
2016-03-25, 11:25 PM
Side Note 2: During my Spellsticthing research, I found out that Extract Drug, Neutralize Poison, Remove Disease, and Restoration can all be Spellstitched, allowing a Spellstitched creature to create a drug, take a dose of it, and remove any addictions that he received from it using only his Spellstitched spells. Unfortunately, all of the drugs that can be created by extract drugs don't give a net gain for my character, and the usage of Extract Drug as a weapon doesn't scale in save DC.

Tiri
2016-03-26, 12:39 AM
Aren't you undead? Meaning that you are immune to most of the effects of drugs anyway? You would still experience side effects, though, I think.

ATHATH
2016-03-26, 02:12 PM
Aren't you undead? Meaning that you are immune to most of the effects of drugs anyway? You would still experience side effects, though, I think.
Good point. I guess that I could give them to a party member, though.

ATHATH
2016-03-26, 02:31 PM
Alright, I think I have my final build!

Subject 12, TN Phrenic Half-Fey Shadow-Walker [Human Heritage Psi-Reformed Here] Necropolitan Evolved Undead (Circle of Death or Greater Invisibilty, depending on optimization level) Spellstitched Lesser Aasimar Trap Expert Arcane Hunter Spiritual Connection Planar Shapechanging Mystic Ranger 2/Shooting Star Ranger 1/Mystic Ranger 3

Feats:
1: Human Heritage (retrain later (via a Psychic Reformation scroll created by a Psionic Artificer) to Magic in the Blood)
Flaw: Aberrant Blood
Flaw: Natural Spell
3: Corrupted Wildshape
6: Sword of the Arcane Order
E1: Initiate of Olidammara (Olidammara's Bard Spell (yes, that is its real name) is really good; it is a second level spell that lets you prepare up to 3 levels of Bard spells as a Cleric would)
E2: Natural Bond
E3: Aberrant Wildshape
E4: Assume Supernatural Ability (Eye Rays)

SLA's:
3/Day:
Shadow Mask (not in bright light/a Daylight spell)
Dimension Door (self only, not in bright light/a Daylight spell)
Darkness (not in bright light/a Daylight spell)
Defensive Precognition
Force Screen
Empty Mind
Mind Thrust
Body Adjustment
Brain Lock
Circle of Death or Greater Invisibility, depending on optimization level (once made, this choice is irrevocable)
Hypnotism
Faerie Fire or Glitterdust
Detect Law
Sleep or Enthrall
Protection from Law
Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Suggestion
1/Day:
Daylight (not an SLA, but very similar to one)
At-Will:
Charm Person

Stats:
STR: 10
DEX: 12
CON: -
INT: 10
WIS: 14
CHA: 20

Spellstitched Spells:
1: Wall of Smoke
1: Wall of Smoke
1: Blindness/Deafness
1: Blindness/Deafness
2: Command Undead
2: Command Undead
2: Blade of Pain and Fear
2: Blade of Pain and Fear
3: Animate Dead
3: Infallible Servant

ATHATH
2016-03-26, 02:33 PM
Is there a Divine version of a Ring of Wizardry?

Is there a way to make my spellcasting CHA-based instead of WIS/INT based?