PDA

View Full Version : Power Level of ComPsi?

Draz74
2007-06-20, 05:17 PM
Hey all,

How do the Complete Psionic base classes fit into the range of base class (im)balance?

I've heard the Divine Mind is pretty worthless, but how bad is it? As bad as a Core-only Paladin? A Fighter? A Soulknife?

The Lurk doesn't look amazing to me from what I've seen on the Wizards site. How does its power compare with the Rogue? The Psychic Rogue? The Wilder? (A Wilder/Rogue/Elocator skillmonkey-gish?)

The Ardent seems like the most powerful of the three. How does it compare with the Psion? Or with Tome of Battle classes?

Fax Celestis
2007-06-20, 05:22 PM
Divine Mind's suck isn't in power; no, there's it's actually decent. It's in the fluff.

The Lurk is...different. It's a good Tier B class. Not powerful--not like the Beguiler--but not sucktastic.

Ardent is about equal with Wilder.

Damionte
2007-06-20, 05:26 PM
The classes are on the medium to low end of the power curve. The Ardent is nice. It has flexibility, almost forced flexibility. Not a lot of high end piower, but it's an interesting option if you're looking for a different type of healer, or a healer that uses Psionics.

The other classes are not worth thier weight in ink.

Krytha
2007-06-20, 05:31 PM
So no psionics to rival druids?

Draz74
2007-06-20, 05:34 PM
Divine Mind's suck isn't in power; no, there's it's actually decent. It's in the fluff.

Yeah. I'd only use it in a campaign where psionics and magic don't really have separate flavor. But how powerful is it? Compared to, say, Psychic Warrior?

The Lurk is...different. It's a good Tier B class. Not powerful--not like the Beguiler--but not sucktastic.

Vagueness. So ... sounds about the same as a Rogue? I've rarely heard a Rogue described as "sucktastic."

Ardent is about equal with Wilder.

So, yeah, roughly the same level as ToB classes.

Fax Celestis
2007-06-20, 05:38 PM
Divine Mind equates to about a Ranger with access to the Spell Compendium, and the Lurk equates about even to Psychic Rogue.