PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Classed in All 12 Classes Crack Challenge!

WMO?
2016-03-24, 09:46 PM
The challenge:

Using 1) standard point-buy 2) PHB-only classes and races 3) PHB backgrounds or PHB Customizing a Background option (if Customized, background can include a custom30 GP of equipment) 4) starting class equipment selection 5) with feats allowed

Build the best level 20 character you can that has at least one level in each class!

Optional:
Provide an leveling progression and explanation of that order's effectiveness.

Post myth-weavers sheets and we can do voting!

Gastronomie
2016-03-25, 12:06 AM
1) standard point-buy Well, no doubt normal human would be the best solution.

One idea is to have 14-12-12-12-12-12 as original stats,
15-13-13-13-13-13 as stats after racial modifiers. This makes it possible to multiclass into everything.

Going at least two levels (preferably 3 to get Metamagic) into Sorcerer would probably be one way to go, given it has Flexible Casting. At level 1 in each of the 12 classes, the character's caster level will be 7 (four level 1 slots, three level 2 slots, three level 3 slots, one level 4 slot), while he has only cantrips and level 1 spells (though he has quite a lot of them - a whooping 19 cantrips, for example).

As for the problem with Spellcasting stats, Wizard uses INT, Cleric and Druid (and Ranger) use WIS, Bard, and Sorcerer and Warlock (and Paladin) require CHA.
1 for INT, 2.5 for WIS, and 3.5 for CHA. Since the Monk's abilities don't go together with the Plate you're most likely going to wear (unarmored defense is a terrible option with your stats being so mediocre), I'm not going to count the Ki's DC in here.
CHA is the best stat to invest in most likely. Followed by CON and DEX.
...And on that note I realized your CON doesn't have to exceed 13 for you to multiclass into all classes, but IDK, low CON is a bad idea either way.

So, I would propose a Sorcerer-centered character, probably using arrows and stuff, perhaps with Sharpshooter and stuff. He'd have the "Archery" Fighting Style from Fighter, and even after filling in 12 levels, there's the space (8 levels) left to take one or two feats. Wait, but then again, that doesn't give you the space required to boost your DEX or CHA and...

...Okay, I honestly don't know. Just my two cents.

Tanarii
2016-03-25, 12:26 AM
I'd be inclined to go the other way, with a 15 in Str or Dex, and either Fighter EK or Rogue AT. Maybe 2 levels each in Ranger and Paladin for the extra caster level.

Say EK 6, Rogue/Ranger/Paladin 2 each, other 8 classes else 1 each. Caster level for spell slots 7th level (up to 4th level slots) plus one per short rest from warlock, Action Surge, Cunning Action, Sneak Attack (when using finesse weapons), and 3 fighting styles. Focus on using non-direct attack spells, although you'd know pretty much all the cantrips and many of the first level spells.

Kane0
2016-03-25, 12:27 AM
Senor vorpal kickasso lives!

Barbarian 1: rage
Bard 1: inspiration
Cleric 1: domain
Druid 1
Fighter 2: second wind, action surge, fighting style
Monk 1
Paladin 2: smite
Ranger 2:
Rogue 2: sneak attack, expertise, cunning action
Sorcerer 1: bloodline
Warlock 3: patron, pact, invocations, pact magic
Wizard 3: 2nd level spells, rituals

Total caster level 9, lock caster 3. Has access to pretty much all cantrips, a great many 1st level spells and some 2nd wizard ones with the potential for more if they can be scribed. Fantastic ritual and support caster, potent skillmonkey, access to hunters mark/hex + eldritch blast + EB invocations leaves him no slouch in combat, with fighting styles to boot. Can use most equipment and has cunning action, action surge, rage and other benefits like domain abilities and smite for use when appropriate. Not omptimized and will never see an ASI but certainly playable.

Asmodouche
2016-03-25, 10:38 PM
Half Elf Warlock Assassin master of Infiltration
-variant for drow racial spells

3 Levels Rogue- Assassin

6 Levels Warlock - Archfey Tome Pact. EB, at will Disguise Self, Devil's Sight. Rituals! Level 6 Escape Power.

2 Levels Fighter

1 of each other class to help sell the infiltration. e.g. Druid Language, A little kung fu, Damage resistance for rowdy parties. Life Cleric for Godberries and heavy armour.

Possible stat array : S13 D13 C10 I13 W13 C16 ( 18 w increase )

WMO?
2016-03-29, 03:29 AM
Well, no doubt normal human would be the best solution.

My first thought as well. Others could work. You might have to burn an ASI just getting a necessary stat to 13 though, standard human is definitely simplest to get the stats you need.

As for the problem with Spellcasting stats, Wizard uses INT, Cleric and Druid (and Ranger) use WIS, Bard, and Sorcerer and Warlock (and Paladin) require CHA.
1 for INT, 2.5 for WIS, and 3.5 for CHA
CHA is the best stat to invest in most likely.

Very rational calculation, I definitely see the benefit here. If you bump CHA twice, to 18, your DC will be decent for most of your casting.

Followed by CON and DEX.
...And on that note I realized your CON doesn't have to exceed 13 for you to multiclass into all classes, but IDK, low CON is a bad idea either way.
Since the Monk's abilities don't go together with the Plate you're most likely going to wear (unarmored defense is a terrible option with your stats being so mediocre), I'm not going to count the Ki's DC in here.

This made me check the Monk feature rules and made me realize how utterly useless the Monk level is, because if you're wearing any armor at all you can't even use Martial Arts. No Barbarian Rage if you've got plate too, now that I think about it.

I'd be inclined to go the other way, with a 15 in Str or Dex

Probably DEX, based on your Sneak Attack point, and for general usefulness' sake.

Say EK 6, Rogue/Ranger/Paladin 2 each, other 8 classes else 1 each. Caster level for spell slots 7th level (up to 4th level slots) plus one per short rest from warlock

I think you get 8th level equivalent, thanks to the clever idea of the EK/AT! I dig it! Also changes Gastronomie's calculations from 1 INT to 1.33 INT :smallsmile:
It's a tough call to give up War Magic and 2nd Level spells for Cunning Action. Same for Evasion, another Sneak Attack die, and 2nd Level spells vs. Action Surge :smallfrown:

Senor vorpal kickasso lives!

The inspiration of this thread :smallbiggrin:

Barbarian 1: rage
Bard 1: inspiration
Cleric 1: domain
Druid 1
Fighter 2: second wind, action surge, fighting style
Monk 1
Paladin 2: smite
Ranger 2:
Rogue 2: sneak attack, expertise, cunning action
Sorcerer 1: bloodline
Warlock 3: patron, pact, invocations, pact magic
Wizard 3: 2nd level spells, rituals

I like the breakdown of what you get from each. The relative balance of levels between classes is cool :smallcool:

...will never see an ASI but certainly playable.

Nice description :smallsmile:

Half Elf Warlock Assassin master of Infiltration
...heavy armour.

LOVE the concept!!! Really cool how you came up with an in-character reason for all the dipping! Might want to rethink the heavy armor for Stealthing reasons.

PoeticDwarf
2016-03-29, 03:44 AM
Begin 2 warlock. Later at least 3 sorc and 2 fighter and just EB. But I'm not going to compete